Trump the Arsonist: Evangelicals, Survivalists, the Alt-Right

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
Trump and his supporters reflect the ugly mentally diseased underbelly of America and its dying demographic

At a neo-Nazi website, editor Andrew Anglin wrote during the Republican primary: "If The Donald gets the nomination, he will almost certainly beat Hillary, as White men such as you and I go out and vote for the first time in our lives for the one man who actually represents our interests." Trump has retweeted a number of messages that originated with the alt-right, and his hiring of Stephen Bannon, the former executive chairman of Breitbart News, as his campaign manager nailed down his connection to that community. "We're the platform for the alt-right," Bannon told journalist Sarah Posner at the Republican convention, referring to Breitbart News.

Trump is not simply a hero of the alt-right, he's the man around which the community has now come to identify itself, the nexus of an anti-feminist, anti-Semitic, racist, conspiratorial worldview. Unlike the evangelical and survivalist communities, there is no ambivalence on the alt-right. Trump is their champion, the only person who can prevent their particular apocalypse -- the victory of multiculturalism -- from taking place.

For all three overlapping constituencies -- evangelicals, anti-globalists, and the alt-right, (i.e the underbelly and dying demographic) -- Trump has transformed the paranoid style that has long lurked beneath the surface of American politics into a genuine and open electoral force. These groups support Trump because he promises to upend the secular, reality-based, internationalist status quo. On top of that, Trump is fundamentally uninterested in the day-to-day compromises of the policy world. He even disdains politicking within the Republican Party, which appeals to the many Republicans disgusted with their own party elite. As Erick Erickson, one of his conservative opponents, puts it, "At some point, the base of the party just wants to burn the house down and start over."

Trump the Arsonist: Evangelicals, Survivalists, the Alt-Right and Hurricane Donald

Last edited:
Personally, I do not view the alt-right as any more whacked out as someone who would write "the ugly mentally diseased underbelly of America."

First, you write like a child. By comparison, many of the alt-right folks are well-educated.

Secondly, the left, like any other extremist group, clings to its ideology to the exclusion of alternative viewpoints, notwithstanding merit analysis. Whether your particular extremist group advocates "white nationalism" or single payer healthcare, these absolutist and extreme views are just as warped as each other.

In other words, while I may seem like a nutty extremist to you, you should understand that you may seem like a nut job to me. Writing your post in such a wild and inflammatory manner reinforces those feelings. So, to me, the only whacked out, bat-shit crazy weirdo I see here is YOU!

Also, please remember that it is the simple minded person who strives to label everything and everyone with relativistic epithets like "alt-right" and survivalists. It is what children do during their emotional and intellectual development. These terms mean nothing. Personally, I am none of these things but I will vote for Trump because I have very strong feelings about Hillary Clinton. Should I be, therefore, lumped in with the alt-righties and survivalists? No. Yet that is exactly what a simpleton like you would do. This makes you look pretty stupid, in a way that make me feel embarrassment for you.

So, Guno, you owe me and every other conservative here an apology. Man up and do the right thing here, son. Apologize then reflect on this event.

Personally, I do not view the alt-right as any more whacked out as someone who would write "the ugly mentally diseased underbelly of America."

First, you write like a child. By comparison, many of the alt-right folks are well-educated.

Secondly, the left, like any other extremist group, clings to its ideology to the exclusion of alternative viewpoints, notwithstanding merit analysis. Whether your particular extremist group advocates "white nationalism" or single payer healthcare, these absolutist and extreme views are just as warped as each other.

In other words, while I may seem like a nutty extremist to you, you should understand that you may seem like a nut job to me. Writing your post in such a wild and inflammatory manner reinforces those feelings. So, to me, the only whacked out, bat-shit crazy weirdo I see here is YOU!

Also, please remember that it is the simple minded person who strives to label everything and everyone with relativistic epithets like "alt-right" and survivalists. It is what children do during their emotional and intellectual development. These terms mean nothing. Personally, I am none of these things but I will vote for Trump because I have very strong feelings about Hillary Clinton. Should I be, therefore, lumped in with the alt-righties and survivalists? No. Yet that is exactly what a simpleton like you would do. This makes you look pretty stupid, in a way that make me feel embarrassment for you.

So, Guno, you owe me and every other conservative here an apology. Man up and do the right thing here, son. Apologize then reflect on this event.
Piss Can just made Guno his bitch. If Guno wasn't so fucking clueless, he would be embarrassed.

Forum List

Back