Trump should shut the stock market down

We shut the market down during the Spanish flu.
Nope.

Who told you that?

It was during
Nope.

Who told you that?

During WW1
The NYSE closed from July to November 1914 because of the war.

Four years before the Spanish flu pandemic.
Nope.

Who told you that?

It was during
Nope.

Who told you that?

During WW1

so what, dipshit? The point is closing the market during times of crisis is not unprecedented
What is closing the market going to do??? When you open it again it will tank. You are going to close it for a year and wait for everything to get better? That's not a reality.

You don't seem to understand that stocks go up or down based on revenue, earnings, and growth. Even if you close the market for a month stocks will still drop to these levels as all these companies are earning way less and growth is unpredictable. Then on top of that all these other people that make their living in the markets will be out of work.

I don't think you have thought this crazy idea though at all.

The fundamentals of most companies are extraordinarily weak at this precise time because everything is shut down. Duh. Coupled with that all the angst weighing down on investors Will cause the market to continue to drop. Duh. Once things get back to normal playing field then the market will reflect real prices. You have good companies doing zero in revenue right now. How do you think they’ll trade, dumbass?
Holy fuck!!!

So what you keep the markets closed for a year and wait for things to get back to normal??? You close them for a month and hope that things will be better then. They will still drop to the same valuation levels because stock prices are based on revenue and earnings etc. And if they aren't better in a month you keep them closed for another month...

Then I can't buy any stocks that have panicked out, like UBER at 14 the other day, what a great buy. Then all the people that trade can't trade. Plus all the people that own options, what they just expire worthless and everybody loses... Nobody can get their money out, and they have no cash and a bunch of stocks that they can't sell??

I'm going to repeat what I said before:

Clearly you didn't understand the risks of investing in the market when you entered. Obviously the stock market is not for you. This is not the first large drop we had, and won't be the last. In 2009 the market lost 57%, that can happen again...

Besides the fact that plenty of people are making good money shorting the market there are still a long list of stocks that are going up, and a long list of stocks that hit insane lows and present great buying opportunites.

UBER hit 14, what a great buy...
ROKU at 60, I like it...
CRWD, I bought at 37 and is now at 50, I've been waiting to get in this stock since it IPOd
PINS at 10, that is the epitome of a "low risk entry"
Look at the chart on NFLX...
On thursday I sold 150 Puts on TSLA for an EASY $500 per contract win...

Zoom has gone up 117% since february, 26% just today...

SPXS has gone up 150% since FEB...

APRN has gone from 3 to 28... then back down to 12.

TVIX is up 2,700% in the past few weeks...

I can go on and on.

There are plenty of opportunities to make money for smart and savvy investors/traders, you have no clue what you doing and today you are finally realizing the risks of investing.

Don't take my opportunities away because you are too stupid to understand the risks. I have to lose money because you don't know the risks?

I have said this many times, the stock market isn't for Trumpers because they can't accept personal responsibility for their actions, they always blame others for their mistakes, and look to the government to bail them out of their poor decisions. (it's not Bush's fault he crashed the economy, blame the guy that was president 10 years earlier!)

Anytime you enter the stock market you run the risk of losing lots of money, if you can't accept that, DON'T BUY STOCKS.

IF YOU THINK THERE IS PANIC AND MAYHEM NOW, CLOSE THE MARKETS FOR 1+ MONTHS, SEE WHAT HAPPENS THEN...

I didn’t even read your long winded post. Any idiot knows, except for you, you’re a special kind of idiot that there is trillion ton weight around the neck of companies right now that has nothing to do with the capabilities of these companies under a normal landscape.
PS: don’t tell me shit Uber. I lost more on pre IPO investments of Uber than your whole portfolio is worth. And that’s not internet shit talk either dickhead.
Yup, you didn't even bother to read my post... I guess you're proud to be stupid.
You don't understand the risks of investing and have lost lots of money. Clearly this isn't for you, that doesn't mean that I'm going to lose like you. You're saying I can't invest and trade and make money because you are too stupid to know the risks of buying stocks.

If you lost money on UBER that is because you are stupid. Buying UBER at 14 is a low risk entry and a good investment. If you lost money on UBER that is your fault not mine. Anytime you invest or buy stocks there is a risk, if you want to invest in UBER then you should have waited for it to go to 14, like it did the other day. Instead you lost, like a dumbass because you suck at this.

PS no stock is a guarantee, but UBER has good potential to be a great stock over the next 5+ years, UBER rides is profitable and growing, Uber eats, not my favorite business but that's ok (that's the risk...), Uber Freight, it has the potential to make large amounts of money. Because I got a good entry my risk is much less, you entered at the wrong time you need to learn the risks of poor investing.
He cant hear you. Perhaps trump could legislate to stop these bad news stories leaking out ?
FWIW I am currently invested in a US focussed fund and 5 US stocks. Ive been investing in the US for about 30 years.
If the US markets were to close that would be it for me and I suspect for many other investors. Its the sort of move you might expect from the more flaky markets around the world , Russia, Latin America and so on.

Nope.

Who told you that?

It was during
Nope.

Who told you that?

During WW1

Nope.

Who told you that?

It was during
Nope.

Who told you that?

During WW1

so what, dipshit? The point is closing the market during times of crisis is not unprecedented
What is closing the market going to do??? When you open it again it will tank. You are going to close it for a year and wait for everything to get better? That's not a reality.

You don't seem to understand that stocks go up or down based on revenue, earnings, and growth. Even if you close the market for a month stocks will still drop to these levels as all these companies are earning way less and growth is unpredictable. Then on top of that all these other people that make their living in the markets will be out of work.

I don't think you have thought this crazy idea though at all.

The fundamentals of most companies are extraordinarily weak at this precise time because everything is shut down. Duh. Coupled with that all the angst weighing down on investors Will cause the market to continue to drop. Duh. Once things get back to normal playing field then the market will reflect real prices. You have good companies doing zero in revenue right now. How do you think they’ll trade, dumbass?
Holy fuck!!!

So what you keep the markets closed for a year and wait for things to get back to normal??? You close them for a month and hope that things will be better then. They will still drop to the same valuation levels because stock prices are based on revenue and earnings etc. And if they aren't better in a month you keep them closed for another month...

Then I can't buy any stocks that have panicked out, like UBER at 14 the other day, what a great buy. Then all the people that trade can't trade. Plus all the people that own options, what they just expire worthless and everybody loses... Nobody can get their money out, and they have no cash and a bunch of stocks that they can't sell??

I'm going to repeat what I said before:

Clearly you didn't understand the risks of investing in the market when you entered. Obviously the stock market is not for you. This is not the first large drop we had, and won't be the last. In 2009 the market lost 57%, that can happen again...

Besides the fact that plenty of people are making good money shorting the market there are still a long list of stocks that are going up, and a long list of stocks that hit insane lows and present great buying opportunites.

UBER hit 14, what a great buy...
ROKU at 60, I like it...
CRWD, I bought at 37 and is now at 50, I've been waiting to get in this stock since it IPOd
PINS at 10, that is the epitome of a "low risk entry"
Look at the chart on NFLX...
On thursday I sold 150 Puts on TSLA for an EASY $500 per contract win...

Zoom has gone up 117% since february, 26% just today...

SPXS has gone up 150% since FEB...

APRN has gone from 3 to 28... then back down to 12.

TVIX is up 2,700% in the past few weeks...

I can go on and on.

There are plenty of opportunities to make money for smart and savvy investors/traders, you have no clue what you doing and today you are finally realizing the risks of investing.

Don't take my opportunities away because you are too stupid to understand the risks. I have to lose money because you don't know the risks?

I have said this many times, the stock market isn't for Trumpers because they can't accept personal responsibility for their actions, they always blame others for their mistakes, and look to the government to bail them out of their poor decisions. (it's not Bush's fault he crashed the economy, blame the guy that was president 10 years earlier!)

Anytime you enter the stock market you run the risk of losing lots of money, if you can't accept that, DON'T BUY STOCKS.

IF YOU THINK THERE IS PANIC AND MAYHEM NOW, CLOSE THE MARKETS FOR 1+ MONTHS, SEE WHAT HAPPENS THEN...

I didn’t even read your long winded post. Any idiot knows, except for you, you’re a special kind of idiot that there is trillion ton weight around the neck of companies right now that has nothing to do with the capabilities of these companies under a normal landscape.
PS: don’t tell me shit Uber. I lost more on pre IPO investments of Uber than your whole portfolio is worth. And that’s not internet shit talk either dickhead.
Yup, you didn't even bother to read my post... I guess you're proud to be stupid.
You don't understand the risks of investing and have lost lots of money. Clearly this isn't for you, that doesn't mean that I'm going to lose like you. You're saying I can't invest and trade and make money because you are too stupid to know the risks of buying stocks.

If you lost money on UBER that is because you are stupid. Buying UBER at 14 is a low risk entry and a good investment. If you lost money on UBER that is your fault not mine. Anytime you invest or buy stocks there is a risk, if you want to invest in UBER then you should have waited for it to go to 14, like it did the other day. Instead you lost, like a dumbass because you suck at this.

PS no stock is a guarantee, but UBER has good potential to be a great stock over the next 5+ years, UBER rides is profitable and growing, Uber eats, not my favorite business but that's ok (that's the risk...), Uber Freight, it has the potential to make large amounts of money. Because I got a good entry my risk is much less, you entered at the wrong time you need to learn the risks of poor investing.
He cant hear you. Perhaps trump could legislate to stop these bad news stories leaking out ?
FWIW I am currently invested in a US focussed fund and 5 US stocks. Ive been investing in the US for about 30 years.
If the US markets were to close that would be it for me and I suspect for many other investors. Its the sort of move you might expect from the more flaky markets around the world , Russia, Latin America and so on.
Yea pretty much. This guy made a stupid post and then didn't want to admit it was a stupid post so he tried to double down on stupid...

The problem is the President doesn't have the authority to shut the market down.
I love how all of a sudden the right hypocrites are ok with government interventions.....biggest hypocrites on earth.

What government interventions do you speak of?
Telling everyone to stay home, stopping schools, stimulus....I thought you righties are against big government and that's why you have been buying guns and ammunition since forever. Now close your door and wait foe that check.

Unless some miracle happens there’s a lot of frightening news in terms of human casualties and economic data on the horizon. IRAs and 401ks are going to get wiped out. We shut the market down during the Spanish flu. Our country’s reputation won’t be hurt if we have a hiatus from trading. We’ve done it before and we should do it now.
Typical TDS solution, turn off anything that distracts from the left's agenda. They think they and push our economy into collapse if they don't allow people to know how it's doing.

The problem is the President doesn't have the authority to shut the market down.
I love how all of a sudden the right hypocrites are ok with government interventions.....biggest hypocrites on earth.

Telling everyone to stay home, stopping schools, stimulus....I thought you righties are against big government and that's why you have been buying guns and ammunition since forever. Now close your door and wait foe that check.
What makes you believe we're OK with that?

Unless some miracle happens there’s a lot of frightening news in terms of human casualties and economic data on the horizon. IRAs and 401ks are going to get wiped out. We shut the market down during the Spanish flu. Our country’s reputation won’t be hurt if we have a hiatus from trading. We’ve done it before and we should do it now.
Typical TDS solution, turn off anything that distracts from the left's agenda. They think they and push our economy into collapse if they don't allow people to know how it's doing.

This is not a left or right thing. The virus is a humanitarian issue

I've already seen quite a bounce back in my portfolio.

This market dive was not because there was something wrong with the economy. Rather it was merely an emotional panic which is why many market watchers have said we should expect a rather quick bounce back when this is over in a couple months

Trying to stop a pandemic is not big government, it's what they're supposed to do. It's a national security issue.

This is not a left or right thing. The virus is a humanitarian issue
The left obviously wants the virus to have the maximum economic impact possible. They obviously don't give a damn whether anyone has a job after this thing is over. Just imagine all the government programs they can propose. There's also the ammunition it will provide them against Trump.

I would bet one of my paychecks that all the TDS morons in here screaming about ending the shutdown are retired government emplyees living on a government pension. They don't care if the whole country goes down the drain. They'll get their pensions regardless.

Trying to stop a pandemic is not big government, it's what they're supposed to do. It's a national security issue.
The measure put by the big government are major ones, they telling how to live your life and there is nothing you can do about it. Most of you think life should go back to normal, give it a try dont you have a pistol and bullets that you always claimed guarantees your freedom.? You have 0 freedom now, they tell you to stop working, where to go and not to go, and decide how much you get paid.

The measure put by the big government are major ones, they telling how to live your life and there is nothing you can do about it. Most of you think life should go back to normal, give it a try dont you have a pistol and bullets that you always claimed guarantees your freedom.? You have 0 freedom now, they tell you to stop working, where to go and not to go, and decide how much you get paid.

That's all part of getting through a crisis. It's not big government when it's a temporary thing. If government didn't shut places down, you might get fired for not showing up for work in fear of catching something. You may have a serious medical condition where that could prove fatal.

We'll get through it. Workers in Europe go on six weeks vacation every year. They survive.

That's all part of getting through a crisis. It's not big government when it's a temporary thing. If government didn't shut places down, you might get fired for not showing up for work in fear of catching something. You may have a serious medical condition where that could prove fatal.

We'll get through it. Workers in Europe go on six weeks vacation every year. They survive.
Oh so you giving example about socialists vacation?
Yes they have a very good quality of life. Americans are overworked, underpaid and less vacation and if your throw in the shitty health care coverage...it is obvious which system puts its citizens before corporations.

Last edited:

Yes they have a very good quality of life. Americans are overworked, underpaid and less vacation and if your throw in the shitty health care coverage...it is obvious which system puts its citizens before corporations.

Americans are the hardest working group of people in the world. That's the point. It kills many of us not to be able to work. Underpaid? Hardly. Here, people live in much larger households with more amenities than those in Europe. You have a much better chance at wealth as well.

Americans are the hardest working group of people in the world. That's the point. It kills many of us not to be able to work. Underpaid? Hardly. Here, people live in much larger households with more amenities than those in Europe. You have a much better chance at wealth as well.
Some americans are hard working, to claim americans are the hardest working people is a stretch. Germans, Japanese, chinese and many more will make us look like lazy fat couch potatoes....heck even Mexicans here work a lot harder than any american by faaaar.

Some americans are hard working, to claim americans are the hardest working people is a stretch. Germans, Japanese, chinese and many more will make us look like lazy fat couch potatoes....heck even Mexicans here work a lot harder than any american by faaaar.
Here let me get you an even broader brush because yours is too small to paint the world the way you see it

1585577147038.png

Forum List

Back