Trump sheds bitter tears that Cruz beat him in Iowa

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014

Trump doesn't like to lose, that's for sure.

Maybe if he wasn't such an asshole, I would care.

He accuses Cruz of winning with dirty tricks, and then he pulls out (again) his "Cruz is a Canadian" attack.

Now they have a woman claiming that Trump doesn't smoke, drink, or even takes prescribed medicine.

I wonder what the cigar smoking whiskey drinking boys in New York City and New Jersey will think when they hear that Trump claims to live an evangelical Christian Iowa lifestyle.

I don't know about smoking or prescription drugs...but it's well known that Trump doesn't drink.

Hell, Trump did great. No one else without political experience has even come close in Iowa. Limited Ground game, political outsider, never been elected to any political office, and non-evangelical...second is amazing.

The only reason it is being spun as a lose was he was built up as a possible winner...which would have been a miracle for a non-evangelical.

Who was the last non-evangelical to win the Republican caucus in Iowa. None in my lifetime that I can remember.

I guess Trump didn't get the memo that CNN put out a story that Carson was leaving Iowa and going back to FL. Of course CNN didn't say he was just going to refresh the wardrobe in his suit case before he went to NH. It took a while for CNN to correct their story, by then, Steve King had already put it out to the precinct captains. Of course Trump was never one to double check the facts before flapping his gums or retweeting bogus crap. Then he has the audacity to accuse others of being dishonest.

He's whining in Twitter how nobody ever mentions how he funds his own campaign and he didn't spend much in Iowa because he wasn't sure about them. I responded that he needs to grow the fuck up.

I guess Trump didn't get the memo that CNN put out a story that Carson was leaving Iowa and going back to FL. Of course CNN didn't say he was just going to refresh the wardrobe in his suit case before he went to NH. It took a while for CNN to correct their story, by then, Steve King had already put it out to the precinct captains. Of course Trump was never one to double check the facts before flapping his gums or retweeting bogus crap. Then he has the audacity to accuse others of being dishonest.

It was just a tweet that one person from CNN put out. Moody changed it as soon as heard from the Carson camp. Not Cruz's campaign though. They kept running with it.

You see it's not just that they ran with the tweet. After Dr. Carson informed them he was alive and kicking and staying in the race Cruz's campaign did not call this off.

That's where the dirty trick is. They were informed. They took no corrective action whatsoever. None, zip, nada.

Hell's bells Candy Carson walked into a precinct where this shit was going down and she had to give a speech to say it was a lie that the Doctor had quit.

I can fault Trump for a lot of things but not this one. Trump's not just flapping his gums here. It's a big freaking deal what went down.

"Carson's Iowa State Director Ryan Rhodes as saying: 'It was happening all over. One of the precincts Candy (Carson, the candidate’s wife) walked into, she had to correct the record. She actually walked in, in Ankeny, and gave a speech about no, he’s still in the race and that’s a lie."

Read more: Ted Cruz ADMITS his staff spread rumor that Ben Carson was quitting
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

It was just a tweet that one person from CNN put out. Moody changed it as soon as heard from the Carson camp. Not Cruz's campaign though. They kept running with it.

You see it's not just that they ran with the tweet. After Dr. Carson informed them he was alive and kicking and staying in the race Cruz's campaign did not call this off.

That's where the dirty trick is. They were informed. They took no corrective action whatsoever. None, zip, nada.

Hell's bells Candy Carson walked into a precinct where this shit was going down and she had to give a speech to say it was a lie that the Doctor had quit.

I can fault Trump for a lot of things but not this one. Trump's not just flapping his gums here. It's a big freaking deal what went down.

"Carson's Iowa State Director Ryan Rhodes as saying: 'It was happening all over. One of the precincts Candy (Carson, the candidate’s wife) walked into, she had to correct the record. She actually walked in, in Ankeny, and gave a speech about no, he’s still in the race and that’s a lie."

Why is it there is no time line associated with this story? My point was, Ted himself had nothing to do with this and his camp didn't originate the rumor. Also your link only mentions two sites where the rumor actually reached the voters which would have had no effect on the outcome.

Why is it there is no time line associated with this story? My point was, Ted himself had nothing to do with this and his camp didn't originate the rumor. Also your link only mentions two sites where the rumor actually reached the voters which would have had no effect on the outcome.

Steve King sent out emails to all the Cruz caucus speakers that Dr. Carson was not in the race and that everyone should vote for Cruz.

Even that could be understandable, but when Dr. Carson and his campaign issued a direct correction to the CNN story to Cruz's people,Cruz's campaign didn't correct their story.

That's the dirty. And I'm disappointed as all get out. There's no wiggle room here.

From King:

The Cruz campaign's message that Carson supporters should jump aboard the Ted express got significant oxygen from Iowa Rep. Steve King, a tea party right-winger who endorsed the Texas senator last month.

'Skipping NH & SC is the equivalent of suspending,' King tweeted more than two hours before caucusing started. 'Too bad this information won't get to all caucus goers.

'Carson looks like he is out,' he wrote in a second tweet. 'Iowans need to know before they vote. Most will go to Cruz, I hope.

AND

30D299D400000578-3427846-image-a-33_1454447481447.jpg

But here's the kicker...

But the Cruz camp never called off the dogs.

'Last night, shameless tactics and dirty political plays defined the Iowa caucuses,' Carson said Tuesday afternoon in an email to supporters. 'There is no place for this kind of unethical behavior in our American political culture, and it only intensifies my desire to work extremely hard to break down the ugliness in this system.'

Carson spokeswoman Deana Bass told DailyMail.com that 'the fact that the Cruz campaign received Dr. Carson's statement and chose not correct their false statements says it all.'

In my estimation, the big winner was Marco Rubio. He will likely pick up Jeb Bush and Rand Paul supporters as well as many Ben Carson people.

In my estimation, the big winner was Marco Rubio. He will likely pick up Jeb Bush and Rand Paul supporters as well as many Ben Carson people.

Cruz campaign screwed themselves big time with this play. Carson would have been out of the game in all probability in a few weeks and Cruz was bound to pick up some Carson supporters.

Not now. Not after this dirty.

I don't understand why some are saying Rubio is the winner.....he came in third....

If we are going to do it like that ....Trump is more winner than Rubio. LOL :dunno:

I might be wrong ,,,

I might not ....we will see soon. :)

Steve King sent out emails to all the Cruz caucus speakers that Dr. Carson was not in the race and that everyone should vote for Cruz.

Even that could be understandable, but when Dr. Carson and his campaign issued a direct correction to the CNN story to Cruz's people,Cruz's campaign didn't correct their story.

That's the dirty. And I'm disappointed as all get out. There's no wiggle room here.

From King:

The Cruz campaign's message that Carson supporters should jump aboard the Ted express got significant oxygen from Iowa Rep. Steve King, a tea party right-winger who endorsed the Texas senator last month.

'Skipping NH & SC is the equivalent of suspending,' King tweeted more than two hours before caucusing started. 'Too bad this information won't get to all caucus goers.

'Carson looks like he is out,' he wrote in a second tweet. 'Iowans need to know before they vote. Most will go to Cruz, I hope.

AND

But here's the kicker...

'Last night, shameless tactics and dirty political plays defined the Iowa caucuses,' Carson said Tuesday afternoon in an email to supporters. 'There is no place for this kind of unethical behavior in our American political culture, and it only intensifies my desire to work extremely hard to break down the ugliness in this system.'

Carson spokeswoman Deana Bass told DailyMail.com that 'the fact that the Cruz campaign received Dr. Carson's statement and chose not correct their false statements says it all.'

I might buy that if more than 2 precincts complained, so far that's all I've seen reported. Rubio, Cruz and Carson did better than their polls, Trump is the one who under performed. Now he's bitching like a little girl.

From King:

AND

But here's the kicker...

I might buy that if more than 2 precincts complained, so far that's all I've seen reported. Rubio, Cruz and Carson did better than their polls, Trump is the one who under performed. Now he's bitching like a little girl.

Are you saying Carson and his people are full of shit?

"Members of Carson’s team furnished evidence Monday of various precinct captains alleging misconduct by the Cruz campaign.

Ryan Rhodes, Carson’s Iowa state director, showed reporters a text on his phone from Barbara Heki, a Mike Huckabee supporter.

“The Cruz speakers at our caucus announced Carson was suspending his campaign for a while after caucus. They did this before the vote. Same thing happened at another caucus. Sounds like slimy Cruzing to me,” the text read.

Jason Osborne, Carson’s deputy senior strategist, read aloud another missive, this one an email from their precinct chair in Muscatine: “The guy speaking for Ted Cruz right before the vote, he was supposed to be done, he announced that there was a story on CNN that Ben Carson was taking a break after Iowa, and then stated, ‘So you might want to rethink wasting your vote on him."

Ted Cruz Apologizes After Ben Carson Accuses Campaign of Dirty Tricks

Even poor Mrs. Carson walked into this bullshit at a precinct and gave a speech reassuring her people that Ben was still in the race.

Forum List

Back