Trump Served With Civil Suit Over January 6 Insurrection

skews13

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2017
Former president Donald Trump has been served with a civil rights lawsuit that accuses him of inciting the deadly Jan. 6 insurrection.

Attorneys for Rep. Bennie Thompson (D-MS) and the NAACP formally served the lawsuit, which was filed in February, to the former president at his Mar-A-Lago club, reported The Daily Beast.

I wonder if Ricky knew what he was signing for.

Anybody can sue Anyone for Anything.

"Incitement" requires that the event in question WOULD NOT HAVE OCCURRED but for the alleged inciting remarks.

It is now publicly known that the "riots" were planned weeks in advance. They had started even before Trump had concluded his remarks, and the Capitol was a good 45 minute walk away from where Trump's crowd was located.

Anybody can sue Anyone for Anything.

Nothing to see here...move along folks.

RAW STORY HUH?

50972q.jpg

The lawsuit, filed Tuesday morning in Federal District Court for the District of Columbia, alleges that Trump and Giuliani, in collaboration with the Proud Boys and Oath Keepers, conspired to incite the riot to keep Congress from certifying the results of the 2020 presidential election. It claims they did so in violation of the Ku Klux Klan Act, a Reconstruction-era statute designed to protect both formerly enslaved African Americans and lawmakers in Congress from white supremacist violence.

Case 1:21-cv-00400 Document 1 Filed 02/16/21 Page 1 of 32
IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA

I am not guessing this is just the beginning of Trump's legal woes.

Lovely. What a precedent. I can't wait for gaggles of people to step up with their own civil suits against past presidents as well as ones that are fresh outta office.

Bad boi Clinton will probably have a line around the corner. Obama won't be missed in this endeavor and Hillary will be buried in an avalanche of legal paperwork.

Forum List

Back