Trump Says Roger Stone Has a Good Chance of Exoneration.

If Trump really wanted Russia to look for Hillary's emails he wouldn't of asked them to do it in a national press conference.....he was joking....wiki links said that they know where to find them so Stone looked into it and got ensnared in the whole mess...oh by the way did you see where wikilinks is now saying Seth Rich was murdered for leaking to them what was happening at the DNC?....this ain't over by a long shot....

I know you're focusing on the one comment, but there was a lot more to it than that. I accept that Trump was "joking" about finding Clinton's emails, but the campaign discussed the contents of her emails extensively prior to the election. This wasn't a joke. This was a big part of their strategy.

That's why Stone was looking into it. He was looking for advance notice and information that could help them form a strategy around this. So yeah, if you insert yourself into a situation where emails were stolen from one candidate and you're trying to use that to help another candidate, expect to be questioned about it, because it's a crime.

Oh, and Wikileaks has never said that Seth Rich was killed for leaking to them. They have said that Assange was offered a pardon for denying it was Russia, however.
Colfax...answer me honestly...do you after all of the investigating really still believe Russia helped Trump win?....do you really think Putin would of preferred Trump over Clinton?...I can't see it...I can't understand how people can still believe it at this point...so tossing Stone in prison is just more piling on by angry establishment swamp dwellers....and take Trump out of it for a second...do you want those people running things again?...back to the stale old status quo?....why would you support that?...I don't get it....
I’m being 100% honest. Putin hated Clinton. Hates her. The beginning of the Obama administration was one of attempting to work with Russia but that soon soured after they got no reciprocation of Moscow. By the end of Clinton’s tenure as SoS, she was criticizing the integrity of their elections and by 2012, Putin was facing mass demonstrations. He survived, but it was clear that Clinton’s policy towards Russia would be quite adversarial and believed that it would be one of attempting regime change.

Do you remember the 2016 campaign? Do you remember the things Trump was saying about Putin? He was praising him. Putin was praising him back. During the campaign, Trump was quite friendly towards Russian interests, although one could hardly say he had much of a foreign policy, it was clear to any observer that Trump was most interested in a friendlier relationship.

After all the investigations? All the investigations have basically confirmed this idea. Trump was their favorite candidate.

Why shouldn’t I believe it?
Putin doesn't hate Hillary he was disgusted by her reaction to Qaddafi being assassinated in the streets by his own people...he asked her and Obama how they were able to sleep at night...but that doesn't mean Putin wanted an America First president that was calling out people around the globe for buying Russian natural gas and oil...come on...don't buy the CNN shortsighted line....no way in hell Putin wanted Trump to win...

Sorry, but Putin hated Clinton. Putin’s first instinct is and always will be self preservation. He put himself atop a corrupt undemocratic state, which is a delicate place to be. It’s not surprising he would be concerned about the treatment of another corrupt totalitarian leader such as Qaddafi. Clinton was a Hawk. She was pushing for intervention in Libya. Given her history, a President Clinton might be pushing for regime change in Russia too.

As for natural gas, Russia had no reason to worry about that. Their exports to Europe have increased dramatically even under Trump. LNG is not market competitive with Russian pipelines without major cooperation and sacrifices from European leaders. Trump hasn’t been doing much there.

Its not CNN that I really care about. It’s the US intelligence community. It’s the US law enforcement. They’re the best in the world. Every one of them has come back with the same conclusion.
Putin has always preferred democrats to republicans...its undeniable...

President Donald Trump on Thursday strongly hinted that Roger Stone would not end up serving the 40-month prison sentence handed down by a federal judge, saying his former longtime political adviser “has a very good chance of exoneration.” But while Trump railed against the Justice Department during a prison graduation ceremony in Las Vegas, he added that he would not grant the convicted GOP operative a pardon at the moment because he wanted to “let the process play out,” an apparent allusion to Stone’s petition for a new trial.

Hours earlier, Stone had been sentenced to more than three years in prison on charges of lying to investigators, obstructing Congress and witness intimidation, immediately raising questions about whether the president will pardon his former confidant for what he’s decried as a miscarriage of justice.

More here:

Trump: Roger Stone has 'very good chance of exoneration' but will 'let the process play out'
Trump is talking about what he would like to see; because he is no lawyer or judges so he doesn't really know what he is talking about.

President Donald Trump on Thursday strongly hinted that Roger Stone would not end up serving the 40-month prison sentence handed down by a federal judge, saying his former longtime political adviser “has a very good chance of exoneration.” But while Trump railed against the Justice Department during a prison graduation ceremony in Las Vegas, he added that he would not grant the convicted GOP operative a pardon at the moment because he wanted to “let the process play out,” an apparent allusion to Stone’s petition for a new trial.

Hours earlier, Stone had been sentenced to more than three years in prison on charges of lying to investigators, obstructing Congress and witness intimidation, immediately raising questions about whether the president will pardon his former confidant for what he’s decried as a miscarriage of justice.

More here:

Trump: Roger Stone has 'very good chance of exoneration' but will 'let the process play out'

Here is how it is going to play out
Stone won't get a retrial.

Trump will pardon another of his criminal buddies.

Yes he will especially if he gets re- elected but then again he will pardon him if he loses the election.

Still he should do some jail time

I know you're focusing on the one comment, but there was a lot more to it than that. I accept that Trump was "joking" about finding Clinton's emails, but the campaign discussed the contents of her emails extensively prior to the election. This wasn't a joke. This was a big part of their strategy.

That's why Stone was looking into it. He was looking for advance notice and information that could help them form a strategy around this. So yeah, if you insert yourself into a situation where emails were stolen from one candidate and you're trying to use that to help another candidate, expect to be questioned about it, because it's a crime.

Oh, and Wikileaks has never said that Seth Rich was killed for leaking to them. They have said that Assange was offered a pardon for denying it was Russia, however.
Colfax...answer me honestly...do you after all of the investigating really still believe Russia helped Trump win?....do you really think Putin would of preferred Trump over Clinton?...I can't see it...I can't understand how people can still believe it at this point...so tossing Stone in prison is just more piling on by angry establishment swamp dwellers....and take Trump out of it for a second...do you want those people running things again?...back to the stale old status quo?....why would you support that?...I don't get it....
I’m being 100% honest. Putin hated Clinton. Hates her. The beginning of the Obama administration was one of attempting to work with Russia but that soon soured after they got no reciprocation of Moscow. By the end of Clinton’s tenure as SoS, she was criticizing the integrity of their elections and by 2012, Putin was facing mass demonstrations. He survived, but it was clear that Clinton’s policy towards Russia would be quite adversarial and believed that it would be one of attempting regime change.

Do you remember the 2016 campaign? Do you remember the things Trump was saying about Putin? He was praising him. Putin was praising him back. During the campaign, Trump was quite friendly towards Russian interests, although one could hardly say he had much of a foreign policy, it was clear to any observer that Trump was most interested in a friendlier relationship.

After all the investigations? All the investigations have basically confirmed this idea. Trump was their favorite candidate.

Putin doesn't hate Hillary he was disgusted by her reaction to Qaddafi being assassinated in the streets by his own people...he asked her and Obama how they were able to sleep at night...but that doesn't mean Putin wanted an America First president that was calling out people around the globe for buying Russian natural gas and oil...come on...don't buy the CNN shortsighted line....no way in hell Putin wanted Trump to win...

Sorry, but Putin hated Clinton. Putin’s first instinct is and always will be self preservation. He put himself atop a corrupt undemocratic state, which is a delicate place to be. It’s not surprising he would be concerned about the treatment of another corrupt totalitarian leader such as Qaddafi. Clinton was a Hawk. She was pushing for intervention in Libya. Given her history, a President Clinton might be pushing for regime change in Russia too.

As for natural gas, Russia had no reason to worry about that. Their exports to Europe have increased dramatically even under Trump. LNG is not market competitive with Russian pipelines without major cooperation and sacrifices from European leaders. Trump hasn’t been doing much there.

Its not CNN that I really care about. It’s the US intelligence community. It’s the US law enforcement. They’re the best in the world. Every one of them has come back with the same conclusion.

Calling Trump a Republican is a bit of an over simplification. His foreign policy and rhetoric are quite unlike any Republican since, lord knows when. When was the last time someone praised the leader of Russia in the way Trump did?

Saying it’s “undeniable” isn’t making an argument. It’s avoiding having to make an argument.

Nonsense. The subject of the email leak was a big topic pumped up by Trump and his team. They weren't treated like a joke. He used them in his campaign extensively.
If Trump really wanted Russia to look for Hillary's emails he wouldn't of asked them to do it in a national press conference.....he was joking....wiki links said that they know where to find them so Stone looked into it and got ensnared in the whole mess...oh by the way did you see where wikilinks is now saying Seth Rich was murdered for leaking to them what was happening at the DNC?....this ain't over by a long shot....

No way ... What?

Putin: I wanted Trump to win the election

More here:

Here is how it is going to play out
Stone won't get a retrial.

Trump will pardon another of his criminal buddies.

Yes he will especially if he gets re- elected but then again he will pardon him if he loses the election.

Still he should do some jail time
Right after Hillary is indicted for Treason using public office, Biden is indicted for extortion using public office, and Obama is indicted for inciting treason in his staff using public office. Having Comey walk was an atrocity of justice, and police can thump their chests all they want, but when they provide, proliferate, and leak unproven allegations to the media who also doesn't seek validation of the charges, their lives are now like a den of snakes waiting to strike backed up by people who don't know who and what they are.

Calling Trump a Republican is a bit of an over simplification. His foreign policy and rhetoric are quite unlike any Republican since, lord knows when. When was the last time someone praised the leader of Russia in the way Trump did?

Saying it’s “undeniable” isn’t making an argument. It’s avoiding having to make an argument.
That's ludicrous. If he's a Republican, the President is the head of the Republican Party.

That's ludicrous. If he's a Republican, the President is the head of the Republican Party.
In name, sure. But there’s no denying the massive shift in foreign policy that Trump led the party to. Four years prior, Romney said Russia was our greatest threat. Trump ran on improving relationships with them.

In name, sure. But there’s no denying the massive shift in foreign policy that Trump led the party to. Four years prior, Romney said Russia was our greatest threat. Trump ran on improving relationships with them.
Would you prefer we go back to a cold war with Russia?.....why?...what good would that do anyone?.....

Would you prefer we go back to a cold war with Russia?.....why?...what good would that do anyone?.....

We can debate the wisdom of how to approach Russian policy later. The point here is that Clinton was likely to have a hard lined adversarial approach and Trump, as far as anyone could tell at the time, was more willing to be conciliatory and work with Russians. That was clear from the campaigns.

Last edited:

We can debate the wisdom of how to approach Russian policy later. The point here is that Clinton was likely to have a hard lined adversarial approach and Trump, as far as anyone could tell at the time, was more willing to be conciliatory and work with Russians. That was clear from the campaigns.
I think Putin is smart enough to look past words said during an American election campaign...he personally knows Hillary and Trump...he has already stated that he knew Trump would not be a push over in foreign policy...Trump has always said we can get along with Russia or any nation but it has to be on our terms...Putin is not as dumb as you may think...he has past experience with Hillary and the dems...remember she was secretary of state with a reset button....

I think Putin is smart enough to look past words said during an American election campaign...he personally knows Hillary and Trump...he has already stated that he knew Trump would not be a push over in foreign policy...Trump has always said we can get along with Russia or any nation but it has to be on our terms...Putin is not as dumb as you may think...he has past experience with Hillary and the dems...remember she was secretary of state with a reset button....

Putin does not personally know Trump. They’d never met. He does know Clinton and he is not a fan. Trump has not said what you claim, rather claiming to be able to make a deal. That’s advantageous to Putin for two reasons. One, Russians are good at not following through with their end. Two, Trump is a political novice. The advantage goes to the one with experience.

Trump clearly spoke of Russia in positive terms. Clinton the opposite. I don’t know anyone with any serious knowledge of politics believes there wasn’t a clear preference from them.

Putin does not personally know Trump. They’d never met. He does know Clinton and he is not a fan. Trump has not said what you claim, rather claiming to be able to make a deal. That’s advantageous to Putin for two reasons. One, Russians are good at not following through with their end. Two, Trump is a political novice. The advantage goes to the one with experience.

Trump clearly spoke of Russia in positive terms. Clinton the opposite. I don’t know anyone with any serious knowledge of politics believes there wasn’t a clear preference from them.
Trump met Putin when Trump was doing the beauty pageant in Moscow...

Yeah. Trump at one claimed that but it wasn’t true. Shocker, I know.

Says who?...you?...I'm betting you don't do business like a pageant in Russia without meeting Putin...but if you are correct then it boasters my argument...why would Putin want a stranger to be president of the US?....why?....

Yeah well which one is it
Trump is using the repub party to become the president or are the repub party using Trump to get what they want

Politics = gullibility

Says who?...you?...I'm betting you don't do business like a pageant in Russia without meeting Putin...but if you are correct then it boasters my argument...why would Putin want a stranger to be president of the US?....why?....
Says Trump:
Trump: "I have never spoken to him on the phone, no. … Well, I don't know what it means by having a relationship. I mean he was saying very good things about me, but I don't have a relationship with him. I didn't meet him. I haven't spent time with him. I didn't have dinner with him. I didn't go hiking with him. I don't know -- and I wouldn't know him from Adam except I see his picture and I would know what he looks like."
PolitiFact - Donald Trump gets a Full Flop for whether he's had a relationship to Vladimir Putin

Why would he want a stranger who has been very complimentary versus someone he knows and hates who has been very adversarial?

That should be pretty self explanatory.

Yeah well which one is it
Trump is using the repub party to become the president or are the repub party using Trump to get what they want

Politics = gullibility
Well, both. They have a symbiotic relationship.

Sassy Roger Stone has been involved in every single presidential campaign since Nixon's victory in 1968. although a political trickster, he is a good man, good family, and Trump should exonerate him, my friends!

Forum List

Back