Trump says Robert E Lee would have won in Afghanistan

So did I, trumptard. Not my problem that you can't either understand or accept. One more time...you are still a racist. Now, fuck off.

And the leftard once again, made no point, other than calling names like a retarded child.

My point stand. Gen Lee was a popular historical figure and has been celebrated by Americans for many generations.

This move is a divisive move by anti-white racists, aimed to discriminate against whites in this country.

You are an asshole and a racist.

It’s not just “Southerners” who revere Lee, as his Wikipedia page implies. FDR called Lee “one of our greatest American Christians and one of our greatest American gentlemen.” Dwight Eisenhower said Lee was “noble as a leader and as a man, and unsullied as I read the pages of our history.” Even Ulysses S Grant called him “the acknowledged ablest general in the Confederate army.”

The son ( not grandson ) of a hero of the American Revolution, Lee graduated second in his class at West Point, then distinguished himself in the Mexican-American War. Lee’s reputation was so great that President Lincoln asked him to take command of the Union forces against the South. But Lee was a Virginian and felt compelled to take Virginia’s side, so he resigned from the US Army.

For anyone who gets his news from MSNBC: That makes Lee the opposite of a “traitor.” A traitor is someone who pretends to be on your side, while secretly working with the enemy, not someone who loudly announces, I quit. My friends and I are leaving

Among his accomplishments, there’s also the minor fact that Lee saved the country. Immediately after a bitter, bloody civil war, pitting brother against brother — four of Mary Lincoln’s five brothers fought for the Confederacy — the landscape littered with the dead, Lee ensured that the South would accept defeat.

When Lee surrendered at Appomattox, he was at the height of his powers, idolized throughout the South. The president of the Confederacy, Jefferson Davis, wanted to fight on, telling his officers, “I think we can whip the enemy yet, if our people will turn out.”

But Lee, not Davis, held the hearts of his countrymen. When one of Lee’s own officers urged him to lead a guerilla war against the North, Lee remonstrated, “as a Christian people, there is now but one course to pursue. We must accept the situation; these men must go home and plant a crop, and we must proceed to build up our country on a new basis.”

He could easily have pulled a Trump and told his supporters, We got screwed! Take to the hills! They would have followed. Hundreds of thousands more lives would have been lost. The country might never have recovered.

But Lee said no, it ends now.

Thanks to Lee, we became a functioning country again within about 15 years, instead of becoming Serbia, Afghanistan, Korea, Vietnam, Rwanda and on and on and on.

After Lee’s surrender, Union soldiers saluted their defeated foes. Erstwhile warring officers embraced one another. One Confederate officer said: “Great God, thought I to myself, how my heart swells out to such a magnanimous touch of humanity! Why do men fight who were born to be brothers?” When told of Lee’s surrender, Lincoln ordered the Union band to play “Dixie.” Years later, Grant spoke of his deep affection for Lee’s army, second only to that for his own men.

Never has a civil war ended with such love between the former enemies. That’s our history, our country, our war — North and South, black and white

the moving force behind this frenzied destruction of American history isn’t black people suddenly offended by monuments that have been around for a century; it’s pushy newcomers, bitter that their ancestors had nothing to do with the creation of this country. After other people’s ancestors carved a nation out of the wilderness, they just kind of showed up. Now they go around obliterating anything that reminds them that this country was up and running long before they got here.

Robert e. Lee was one of our greatest generals and military strategists. A military man his entire life, Lee never owned a slave. After his wife’s death Lee freed every slave she owned having no need of them.

The North did not win the war because they had the better planning. The north won because they had General William Tecumseh Sherman. Given complete control over the Union Army, Sherman instituted "total war". Total war means nothing left alive. The southern land was burned, the wells poisoned. All people and livestock were slaughtered. The plan was to drive the civilians into starvation and break their will to fight. It was a reign of terror. Men and women slave or free were raped, sodomized, hacked to pieces and the pieces left as a warning. It was called Sherman's March to the Sea. The crowning glory, the act against innocent civilians that destroyed the South's will to even survive was the Burning of Atlanta. Every structure in the city was set ablaze. Terrified animals trying to escape were killed. And person found was doused with kerosene and set alight.

The north has nothing to be proud of.

Are we talking about history or modern political perspective about historical figures? I mean when you start a historic investigation of a Civil War general by saying "he wasn't a good Christian" you put yourself in the bigot box from the git go. When you characterize the fighting capability of the troops as "treasonous" you get deeper into the bigot box. Trying to promote a historical argument about R.E. Lee's military success with a freaking left wing high school kid or a facsimile is a useless endeavor.

Meathead
The North committed acts of civilian terrorism
. In fact , it was Lee who ended the war instead of dragging it on for more years

Grant and Sherman illegally targeted civilians and we should demolish all their statues and dig their bodies up

Lee lost in the US… so now he’d win in Afghanistan? News to him.
Lee lost because the Confederacy was totally outmatched by the Union. It had fewer people, much fewer people who could fight for it, it had less money and far less industry. Lee was a better general than anyone the Inion sent against him. He only had one really bad day, but that day was Gettysburg

Lee lost because the Confederacy was totally outmatched by the Union. It had fewer people, much fewer people who could fight for it, it had less money and far less industry. Lee was a better general than anyone the Inion sent against him. He only had one really bad day, but that day was Gettysburg

Which makes Trump's statement a reasonable opinion. Those that have had a hissy fit about it, are stupid.

Trump says Robert E Lee would have won in Afghanistan

I don't see any mention of Trump in the article linked in Post 1.
Remember if they repeat stuff enough, then it becomes fact... Pathetic..

They will try anything to keep Trump from challenging their radical agenda again. They will do anything to keep anything that they have tried or since implemented from being rolled back, and they will do anything to stop the nation's tradition's being restored in which they are attempting to destroy forever.

They are on a roll, and they will attack anything that attempt's to stop them. They've got this one shot, and they ain't backing off for nothing.

It's what makes them so dangerous, and Biden so dangerous for them.

Wake up America !

It is believed that African Americans came to America from Africa and not of their own free will. Now that they are free, they can return to their homeland, why do they need America?

Do they have more rights to reside in America than other Africans who live in Africa? What is this assumption based on?

If, say, hypothetically, they were faced with the choice of leaving America or returning to nonfreedom, which would they prefer?

during the Gerald Ford years, the US House overwhelmingly restored Lee's citizenship and absolved him of his crimes, which Ford signed into law, where he praised Lee during the ceremony

and Jimmy Carter restored citizenship to the president of the confederacy Jefferson Davis

Very important speech for 2021.

Jimmy Carter's Full "Crisis of Confidence" Speech (July 15 ...

Jimmy Carter's Full "Crisis of Confidence" Speech (July 15 ...
33:05
May 03, 2012 · The full "Crisis of Confidence Speech". Full transcripts can be found here:July 15, 1979: "Crisis of Confidence" Speech | Miller Center. I do not claim the r...

Robert E Lee lost a lot.

He couldn't even protect his home state of Virginia in the end.

At Gettysburg, he sent Picket's 6,000 men in a charge across 300 yards of open field against a fortified Union position. They were slaughtered and Gettysburg was lost.

even Abe Lincoln hated blacks, though he thought they should be free

lol rubbish; he crammed them into Contraband camps to starve and die of disease, to keep them from fleeing to the North, and those he didn't stuff in the camps he forced to work on plantations taken over by Republican cronies, for $5 a month and no rights to leave without written permission from the owners; even the 'woke' historians acknowledge this these days, but as we see there are plenty of liars and morons who still haven't read the memos.

Robert E Lee lost a lot.

He couldn't even protect his home state of Virginia in the end.

At Gettysburg, he sent Picket's 6,000 men in a charge across 300 yards of open field against a fortified Union position. They were slaughtered and Gettysburg was lost.

He lost at Gettysburg because he didn't feed his army in fast enough to deny the northern troops key terrain. He wasn't sure where the main forces were, so he hesitated for a couple of days and lost the initiative.

Forum List

Back