Trump says he will negotiate third term?

With whom, exactly, will he negotiate? Unless he has enough support for a constitutional amendment, I can't see it happening. Can someone explain the US Constitution to our President?
You do realize that term limits is a "new" thing---not put in at founding......but following roosevelts 4 terms. I think the ideal of president Trump for 4 sounds Delicious.

Not really sure what "new thing" has to do with anything. And no, there's nothing about FDR's insane power grab that makes me want a repeat from any President.

With whom, exactly, will he negotiate? Unless he has enough support for a constitutional amendment, I can't see it happening. Can someone explain the US Constitution to our President?
But I thought that the Constitution was a living, breathing, ever changing document that Progressives used to claim it was.

Now you want to read it line per line literally?

Boring

Sarcasm and Mocking escapes the Op

It is said inside of the first 2 minutes............IN CONTEXT.......

Donald Trump: (02:14)
Well, I thank you very much. So I want to start by saying, ā€œHello, Nevada. How are you doing? How are you?ā€ And Iā€™m thrilled to be in Douglas County, but people are coming from all over the place. Thereā€™s a lot of people for Douglas County, isnā€™t it? We have thousands and thousands of loyal, hardworking American patriots, thatā€™s what we have. And 52 days from now, weā€™re going to win Nevada, and weā€™re going to win four more years in the White House. And then after that weā€™ll negotiate, right? ā€˜Cause weā€™re probably, based on the way we were treated, weā€™re probably entitled to another four after that.

Donald Trump: (03:15)
And it should never happen to another President. Thatā€™s just a dishonest group of people. But here we are, and weā€™re going to be here for another four years. The governor of your state-

Typical Trump troll and mockery............OP got had...............media will just quote the one line......not the next where he says 4 more years.........and the tone if they used the video........he's MOCKING YOUR ASS.

BS news from Never Trumpers and nothing more.

Gen. Bone Spurs said before he don't kid...ā€˜I donā€™t kidā€™: Trump says he wasnā€™t joking about slowing coronavirus testing

Sarcasm and Mocking escapes the Op

It is said inside of the first 2 minutes............IN CONTEXT.......

Donald Trump: (02:14)
Well, I thank you very much. So I want to start by saying, ā€œHello, Nevada. How are you doing? How are you?ā€ And Iā€™m thrilled to be in Douglas County, but people are coming from all over the place. Thereā€™s a lot of people for Douglas County, isnā€™t it? We have thousands and thousands of loyal, hardworking American patriots, thatā€™s what we have. And 52 days from now, weā€™re going to win Nevada, and weā€™re going to win four more years in the White House. And then after that weā€™ll negotiate, right? ā€˜Cause weā€™re probably, based on the way we were treated, weā€™re probably entitled to another four after that.

Donald Trump: (03:15)
And it should never happen to another President. Thatā€™s just a dishonest group of people. But here we are, and weā€™re going to be here for another four years. The governor of your state-

Typical Trump troll and mockery............OP got had...............media will just quote the one line......not the next where he says 4 more years.........and the tone if they used the video........he's MOCKING YOUR ASS.

BS news from Never Trumpers and nothing more.

Gen. Bone Spurs said before he don't kid...ā€˜I donā€™t kidā€™: Trump says he wasnā€™t joking about slowing coronavirus testing

Politico.......Rag.........and in the beginning he was trying to stop Panic.......at the same time a BS impeachment........and Quid Pro Quo Joe calling him Xenophobic.......same time Cuomo having hug a Chinaman day with Pelosi saying come on down to China town...........

The DNC has no leg to stand on during this pandemic......3 states had a third of all deaths........cough cough.....cooked books......and they have the nerve to try and tell everyone else how to deal with it.

Sorry.......you don't take advice from losers.

The OP GOT TROLLED........and now you try to deflect that with something else.......typical.

It would be nice.. well deserved .. letā€™s see what the Republican dominant house does .. maybe they can extend one time for him

*sigh* I can't even tell if you're serious, given the state of American education these days. You know Congress has no say in the matter, right?
Yes they can pass an amendment for mr president

*facepalm* So you're telling me you have no idea how the Constitution is amended.

Why do normal people insist on having discussions with Mentally Ill LibBots?

Because if we don't make an effort to push back against the spread of their lunatic ranting, it spreads much farther into the less-politically active populace than it really should.

Besides, stomping the snot out of them verbally is fun.

It would be nice.. well deserved .. letā€™s see what the Republican dominant house does .. maybe they can extend one time for him

*sigh* I can't even tell if you're serious, given the state of American education these days. You know Congress has no say in the matter, right?

*facepalm* So you're telling me you have no idea how the Constitution is amended.
We can only hope and pray brother! My hubby who is smarter than me says it could happen

Why do normal people insist on having discussions with Mentally Ill LibBots?

Because if we don't make an effort to push back against the spread of their lunatic ranting, it spreads much farther into the less-politically active populace than it really should.

Besides, stomping the snot out of them verbally is fun.
That's why I have decided to simply post, "I suggest you vote for Biden".
Perhaps, I should post for our resident Mentally Ill Liberals , "I suggest a moron such as yourself vote for Biden".

Most constitutional amendments that passed, did so in pretty quick order. The 26th Amendment passed the Congress on 3/23/71 and was ratified by the 38th state on 1 July.

The shortest time for a constitutional amendment to be ratified was 100 days (26th amendment). The 22nd amendment, which limits the number of terms a person can be elected president, took 3 years 343 days.

There were 12 constitutional amendments ratified in the 20th century. I'll throw out the 27th, since it took 202 years and 223 days. The other 11 amendments took an average of 544 days to be ratified. The 26th amendment was faster than any other amendments to be ratified.
So

He was being sarcastic........I showed the actual speech.........and showed the transcript...........

You have been trolled by TRUMP.

I never knew that WB IS so gullible!

He used to be coherent before....

Most constitutional amendments that passed, did so in pretty quick order. The 26th Amendment passed the Congress on 3/23/71 and was ratified by the 38th state on 1 July.

The shortest time for a constitutional amendment to be ratified was 100 days (26th amendment). The 22nd amendment, which limits the number of terms a person can be elected president, took 3 years 343 days.

There were 12 constitutional amendments ratified in the 20th century. I'll throw out the 27th, since it took 202 years and 223 days. The other 11 amendments took an average of 544 days to be ratified. The 26th amendment was faster than any other amendments to be ratified.
So

He was being sarcastic........I showed the actual speech.........and showed the transcript...........

It's either him or his lover.

We can only hope and pray brother! My hubby who is smarter than me says it could happen

Okay, first of all, if you have a brother named Cecilie, you should have a talk with either him or your parents - possibly both - about the differences between men and women.

Second of all, Congress doesn't amend the Constitution. It can propose an amendment, which is hard enough in and of itself, because it requires 2/3 of both houses. The Constitution is actually amended when 3/4 of the states (that would be 38, since there are 50 total) ratify it. Do you have any idea how long that would actually take, even assuming you could convince people that doing away with Presidential term limits was a good idea?

I really have to hope you're just playacting at this point.

So

It's either him or his lover.

This upcoming election has him gazooks banana's. :banana:.

He certainly does have you people on a nose ring. Fascinating.

I have to wonder whether having no sense of humor is what leads to being a leftist, or if being a leftist kills one's sense of humor.

Just look at what they consider funny. Pathetic.

In light of what Trump has done and how he actively pursues real solutions and makes them happen and in comparison to all the presidents that I can remember since Ragean, I say that he deserves the distinction of a third term and he would use it well to press further the improvements he has already made. I don't see how Trump being given 3 terms could be bad for anyone except those treasonous Democrats, all things considered.

He certainly does have you people on a nose ring. Fascinating.
Yeah. Maybe he's just trolling. Or, maybe not. That's his entire schtick. Soften people up by constantly spouting outrageous crap - and then follow through on it when they're not looking. Trump is a troll. His followers suck troll cock.

In light of what Trump has done and how he actively pursues real solutions and makes them happen and in comparison to all the presidents that I can remember since Ragean, I say that he deserves the distinction of a third term and he would use it well to press further the improvements he has already made. I don't see how Trump being given 3 terms could be bad for anyone except those treasonous Democrats, all things considered.

Reading up on why the US instituted term limits for Presidents might clear you up on that. It's not just that Donald Trump, like virtually every human on Earth, is susceptible to the corruption of power; it's that the American people, like virtually all people, are susceptible to the corruption of cults of personality.

New Topics

Forum List

Back