Trump says 'cancel order' on too expensive new Air Force One

U.S. President-elect Donald Trump urged the government to cancel Boeing's new Air Force One plane in a Twitter post on Monday, saying it was too expensive.

Well I'll hand it to Trump he is saving money wherever he can. Society needs to remember the guy is a BILLIONAIRE who knows how to work the money and no it won't be to BENEFIT HIM ONLY so take that bs excuse out of indoctrinated thought processes.
I believe DT is wrong on this one.The existing 747-200 AF1's are near the end of their service life and are national defense assets which must be kept in being. As to the $4B if I am not mistaken it covers more than two aircraft. The base cost of a 747-8 is around $350M and a civilian VIP conversion adds $200M. However, that is just the beginning as this aircraft must have all the electronics, self-defense capacity and aerial refueling to direct WW3 while airborne for weeks. THAT does not come cheap. Figure also a warehouse full of spare parts is included in the package.

What overruns did Boeing build in?

Boeing KNOWS this Customer well and you must allow up front for every little whim on the Government side- First Lady doesn't like something already installed- it will be ripped out and redone and the procurement folks will insist that mere customer satisfaction cannot be an out of scope cost.

Something tells me Trump won't fly his family and himself back and forth to Hawaii like Obama has been doing.
Trump won't have to -- he's got billion dollar estates in Florida to catch the sun, homebase smack in the sweet spot of NYC for things like the Macy's parade, and properties all over the world he can travel to.
Obama isn't that filthy rich.
And all of you whining about his vacations are being small, petty and grudging old codgers.

Barry and Mooch have spent a record $85M on vacations over the last 8 years...that money could have set up 20 enterprise zones in black ghettos.....your boy is a RACIST in addition to being a leach off the US taxpayer.

Obama family travel, vacations, cross $85 million mark

U.S. President-elect Donald Trump urged the government to cancel Boeing's new Air Force One plane in a Twitter post on Monday, saying it was too expensive.

Well I'll hand it to Trump he is saving money wherever he can. Society needs to remember the guy is a BILLIONAIRE who knows how to work the money and no it won't be to BENEFIT HIM ONLY so take that bs excuse out of indoctrinated thought processes.
That IS one of Trump's good points--he will always look at the bottom line, and we have needed that in Washington for a very, very long time.

His murmurings about an infrastucture rehab program notwithstanding I guess. The thing about this is always that no one's really thinking about the debt at all, it's just another wedge to drag up whenever someone suggests investing in society rather than extracting more wealth out of society into private hands.

Something tells me Trump won't fly his family and himself back and forth to Hawaii like Obama has been doing.
Trump won't have to -- he's got billion dollar estates in Florida to catch the sun, homebase smack in the sweet spot of NYC for things like the Macy's parade, and properties all over the world he can travel to.
And all of you whining about his vacations are being small, petty and grudging old codgers.

Barry and Mooch have spent a record $85M on vacations over the last 8 years...that money could have set up 20 enterprise zones in black ghettos.....your boy is a RACIST in addition to being a leach off the US taxpayer.

And every one of your "conservative" legislators has socialized gov healthcare.

What overruns did Boeing build in?

Boeing KNOWS this Customer well and you must allow up front for every little whim on the Government side- First Lady doesn't like something already installed- it will be ripped out and redone and the procurement folks will insist that mere customer satisfaction cannot be an out of scope cost.

What makes Air Force One expensive is not its interior furnishings but advanced electronics, security, fail safe systems, communications and defensive systems

Are you ever right about anything?

Note: Starting in 2014, the only health care coverage made available to members of Congress and their employees by the federal government will be coverage offered through the Health Insurance Exchange created by the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act - the "Obamacare Act."

Members elected since 1984 are covered by the Federal Employees' Retirement System (FERS). Those elected prior to 1984 were covered by the Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS). In 1984 all members were given the option of remaining with CSRS or switching to FERS.

How Much Do Members of Congress Really Get Paid?

Or Bush's 77 trips to Crawford Texas.

Yeah...because we all know how extravagant a trip to Crawford is.:cuckoo:
So, its cheaper/hr to fly through the air on the way to Texas than it is on the way to Hawaiintry s a P

My "boy"? Wow Tom, you really are quite the racist fuck

Are you ever right about anything?

Note: Starting in 2014, the only health care coverage made available to members of Congress and their employees by the federal government will be coverage offered through the Health Insurance Exchange created by the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act - the "Obamacare Act."

Members elected since 1984 are covered by the Federal Employees' Retirement System (FERS). Those elected prior to 1984 were covered by the Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS). In 1984 all members were given the option of remaining with CSRS or switching to FERS.

How Much Do Members of Congress Really Get Paid?

Looks like Note: Starting in 2014, the only health care coverage made available to members of Congress and their employees by the federal government will be coverage offered through the Health Insurance Exchange created by the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act - the "Obamacare Act."

Like I said.

So, its cheaper/hr to fly through the air on the way to Texas than it is on the way to Hawaiintry s a P

Well duh....Hawaii is 4,772 miles from DC.
Crawford Texas is 1,436 miles from DC.
Add the fact that Bush's ranch was much easier to protect and the savings go even higher.

You're some kinda stupid....

Add the fact that Bush's ranch was much easier to protect and the savings go even higher.

So much to shat yourself over, so little time.

I don't recall Laura Bush taking separate vacations either....seems Mooch can only take being around that twit when she absolutely has to.

So much to shat yourself over, so little time.

That has to be the weakest retort ever directed at me in my entire life.....congrats.

Forum List

Back