Trump said he would replace the kenyesian economist at the FED

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
Trump leans toward replacing Fed chief if he wins White House

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump would be inclined to replace Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen if he wins the White House despite supporting the U.S. central bank's efforts to keep interest rates low, he told Fortune magazine.
"I think she's done a serviceable job," Trump said in an interview published late on Tuesday, as the billionaire real estate mogul moved a step closer to becoming his party's nominee with a resounding win in the New York state nominating contest.
"I don't want to comment on reappointment, but I would be more inclined to put other people in."
Yellen was nominated for the top Fed job by Democratic President Barack Obama and began her four-year term in February 2014.
In his interview, Trump said he "absolutely" backed efforts to diminish the Fed's power and allow Congress to audit it, and backed away from his pledge to erase the more than $19 trillion in U.S. debt in eight years.
Representatives for the Fed declined to comment on the report.
Trump said he favored the low interest rate environment and that raising rates would be a blow to the U.S. economy. Trump had accused the Fed in November of keeping rates low to help Obama, an assertion the White House rejected.

-----
Awesome. Awesome. Awesome.

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump would be inclined to replace Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen if he wins the White House despite supporting the U.S. central bank's efforts to keep interest rates low, he told Fortune magazine.
"I think she's done a serviceable job," Trump said in an interview published late on Tuesday, as the billionaire real estate mogul moved a step closer to becoming his party's nominee with a resounding win in the New York state nominating contest.
"I don't want to comment on reappointment, but I would be more inclined to put other people in."
Yellen was nominated for the top Fed job by Democratic President Barack Obama and began her four-year term in February 2014.
In his interview, Trump said he "absolutely" backed efforts to diminish the Fed's power and allow Congress to audit it, and backed away from his pledge to erase the more than $19 trillion in U.S. debt in eight years.
Trump said he favored the low interest rate environment and that raising rates would be a blow to the U.S. economy. Trump had accused the Fed in November of keeping rates low to help Obama, an assertion the White House rejected.

-----

The MSM Propaganda machine will get the new memo tomorrow, smear and destroy The Donald.

-----

The MSM Propaganda machine will get the new memo tomorrow, smear and destroy The Donald.
probably so! I can see it now
"Trump said he is willing to go to war with Indonesia" :wtf:

I'm far more concerned that he'd try to replace the First Amendment.

Start there.

Start there.
:lol:

You find that "funny"?
shakehead.gif

Start there.

Well Obama and Hillary want to replace the Second Amendment, I think that's even more concerning for the American people.

Well no they don't, and well no it isn't.

The First Amendment is the keystone, upon which all else is built. You can't build anything without it except a dictatorship. That's why they made it Number One.

And Rump has already declared war on it, in multiple ways.

Now, the Constitution itself has safeguards against a nutjob just taking a hacksaw to it, but that's what he wants to do. That alone should have people running for the exits. But we have a saying, "nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public", popularly attributed to H.L. Mencken (himself a conservative).

No doubt the OP will find this "funny" as well, but without the building block of Free Speech --- you have nothing. And it doesn't frickin' matter who is or isn't the head of the Fed, or anything else, because you're already, to use the technical term, "fucked".

And that's exactly why I say "start there".

Bring on the "funny".

Start there.

Well Obama and Hillary want to replace the Second Amendment, I think that's even more concerning for the American people.

The First Amendment is the keystone, upon which all else is built. You can't build anything without it except a dictatorship.

That's why they made it Number One.

Now, the Constitution itself has safeguards against a nutjob just taking a hacksaw to it, but that's what he wants to do. That alone should have people running for the exits. But we have a saying, "nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public", popularly attributed to H.L. Mencken (himself a conservative).

No doubt the OP will find this "funny" as well, but without the building block of Free Speech --- you have nothing. And it doesn't frickin' matter who is or isn't the head of the Fed, because you're already, to use the technical term, "fucked".
Actually, I don't. I agree with a lot of it...
What makes you think trump would try to attack the first amendment?
What makes you think Obama and Hillary don't/want to?

Start there.

The First Amendment is the keystone, upon which all else is built. You can't build anything without it except a dictatorship.

That's why they made it Number One.

No doubt the OP will find this "funny" as well, but without the building block of Free Speech --- you have nothing. And it doesn't frickin' matter who is or isn't the head of the Fed, because you're already, to use the technical term, "fucked".
Actually, I don't. I agree with a lot of it...
What makes you think trump would try to attack the first amendment?
What makes you think Obama and Hillary don't/want to?

Have you been living in a cave?

--- doesn't get much more hit-over-the-head direct than that, does it??

Then before that there was the other scam about registering and/or deporting people on the basis of their religion, which is...again.... First Amendment.

Can't possibly be more obvious in its unAmericanality.

Against that, who he'd replace or not replace at the Department of Putting Things on Top of Other Things kinda pales in comparison. And it pales way more than that sickly orange skin.

I'm concerned he doesn't know what Keynesian means. :ack-1:
How can you even think that after he told you this:
"I went to an Ivy League school. I’m very highly educated. I know words, I have the best words."

Forum List

Back