Trump said he had to override Betsy DeVos and save the Special Olympics.

I wouldnā€™t have, having checked their financials and compensation, and expenses.

It needs reform, just as the Red Cross.
Agree 100%.

And Iā€™m the brother of a Special Olympian who won 3 gold and 1 silver medals.
Huge numbers of American families have someone in the family with a disability. I donā€™t talk about my own family here because these right wingers are evil people and will say and do anything. Look at their posts on mass murder and how they promote that against gays.

No evil was done. The parents whose kids have been served by the cancer surgery and icu unit would disagree with you. Only in your little mind.
And those articles were all hit pieces.
Do other golf clubs charge for charitable tournaments? Yes. Simply because they own a course that others would love to play on, they themselves are not a charity. A successful club draws more players. They have expenses.
Here is a list of items those courses cover with their fee-

..choosing a golf course is one of the most important decisions that you will make when it comes to planning your big day. Itā€™s essential for the success of your tournament.

Unfortunately, the golf course also comes with one of the biggest price tags. However, the price is just as important as the value the course brings. Many courses will play a vital role in your tournamentā€™s success. Be sure to inquire about the various services and features included in the golf course package. Hereā€™s just a few things the course typically helps with:

• Basic Tournament Planning

• Discounts on gifts and merchandise.

• Staging and setup

• Hole assignments/Cart Signs

• Additional Prizes - Typically a foursome or two would be donated by the course.
When making a final decision on a course, keep in mind that the course is one of the main attractions for your players and sponsors. Donā€™t just pick the cheapest option as it could have a negative effect on your supporters. Golfers enjoy playing courses that are good value but also well maintained.

Hereā€™s a few tips to help reduce the cost of the golf course when negotiating a deal:

• Bundle items - reception, dinner, drinks, other events, etc

• Date - Find a date/time that not only suites your supporters but also your budget. You can often get better deals if you hold your event on ā€˜off seasonā€™ dates.
    Reducing Golf Tournament Planning Costs for Organizers

That figure given covered 8 years worth of events at their different clubs.
The fact you think the clubs should have just given all those services to a tournament, ridiculous. I havenā€™t heard you complaint about other clubs charging for their expenses to charities for events. It is simply because it is Trump, this even surfaced. No commendables for how much they raised for St Judeā€™s and other organizations. And they had only a 12.3% expense factor to donations raised. Most foundations would receive an A+ rating with that small expense factor.
Hospital Confirms Eric Trump Helped Raise $16.3 Million for It

That is so awesome! Itā€™s time they direct more of their funding to the actual athletes, such as your brother.
How awesome, blastoff!! You must be so proud of him.
That I am. Thank you.

I often attend or volunteer to work local Special Olympics and always wear his medals around my neck when I do. They often spark comments for other folks and have led to me meeting lots of really nice people who are special in their own way for supporting our special athletes.
Where do you think the money is going?

How Donald Trump Shifted Kids-Cancer Charity Money Into His Business

Iā€™ve only heard of Republicans stealing charity money from children with cancer and other disabled children. Look at the Trump foundation. He lied to get people to send him money and then he used it for his own personal uses. And heā€™s the leader of the Republican Party because they want their kids to grow up to be....just....like....him.
Hit pieces? You canā€™t balance out doing evil by doing a tiny bit of good. It doesnā€™t work that way.
And that doesnā€™t explain the now defunct Trump foundation which is still under criminal investigation and they even admitted wrongdoing.

Lies is all ya got, rdean.
I wouldnā€™t have, having checked their financials and compensation, and expenses.

It needs reform, just as the Red Cross.
Agree 100%.

And Iā€™m the brother of a Special Olympian who won 3 gold and 1 silver medals.
Huge numbers of American families have someone in the family with a disability. I donā€™t talk about my own family here because these right wingers are evil people and will say and do anything. Look at their posts on mass murder and how they promote that against gays.

'I have overridden my people': Trump says he will keep Special Olympics funded, undercutting DeVos

You guys donā€™t actually believe that do you? After all when she went in front of Congress she didnā€™t know anything at all about it.
She didnā€™t know how many kids were being affected, she didnā€™t know anything.
This was something she was told by the Trump administration to do.

So Trump created a situation using disabled children and now heā€™s pretending heā€™s the hero? This is just so disgusting and nasty and filthy. I canā€™t even believe it.

Tell me you Republicans know that this is BS. Please tell me.
geezus dean get a life....can you go through a day and not mention the guys name?...
Awww, Youā€™re trying to get back at me because I hurt your widdle feewings.
So sad,
Too bad.
you did?...when?....are you fantasizing about me again?....
I wouldnā€™t touch you to scratch you.
well thanks......because when you scratch someone you pass on your far left plague.....

Yeah, I'm sure that is what she thought!

Because, as we know, she is a Republican. And everyone knows, they wake up every morning thinking how can they be the biggest asshole that they can, right?

Well, now that we've firmly established all their ideas are bad, I guess being assholes is all they have left after they steal elections.

She was cutting the overall education budget by 10%, which it should be cut even more.

Right... because we don't need no education! Yes, let's keep letting the Chinese eat our lunch because they are investing in it.
money does not solve all the problems....California has invested billions over the years in K-12 education and they have gone from top 5 to bottom 10 over the years.....

'I have overridden my people': Trump says he will keep Special Olympics funded, undercutting DeVos

You guys donā€™t actually believe that do you? After all when she went in front of Congress she didnā€™t know anything at all about it.
She didnā€™t know how many kids were being affected, she didnā€™t know anything.
This was something she was told by the Trump administration to do.

So Trump created a situation using disabled children and now heā€™s pretending heā€™s the hero? This is just so disgusting and nasty and filthy. I canā€™t even believe it.

Tell me you Republicans know that this is BS. Please tell me.

The Special Olympics would have been just fine. in 2017 they got $15 million from the government, but had an operating balance of $18M.

They had $80M in the bank.

Trump should have stood his ground.

Forum List

Back