Trump revoke ETHICS EO ban on Feds lobbying

citygator

Posting From Hunters Laptop
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2019
Charlotte
Trump revoked his ETHICS EO banning federal employees from being lobbyists within 5 years of leaving government just before midnight. Likely to improve the employment opportunities for his friends and family. Quite brazen. Not sure how 74M feel about this transparent decision and timing.

A639A6C8-A30A-428D-8212-49459BD45329.jpeg

Did Obama get condemned when he did similiar?

More than 40 former lobbyists work in senior positions in the Obama administration, including three Cabinet secretaries and the CIA director. Yet in his State of the Union address, Obama claim

leads me to "page not found".

On January 8, 2009, President-elect Barack Obama nominated Lynn as his Deputy Secretary of Defense.[6] This was complicated by the fact that new ethic rules promulgated by Obama for members of his administration created a waiting period of two years between lobbying activities and working for the administration on the same issues, which Lynn's work with Raytheon violated.[7] President Obama waived the new rules for Lynn, which received criticism from John McCain as well as outside groups such as the Project on Government Oversight, Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, Government Accountability Project, and Public Citizen.
William J. Lynn III - Wikipedia

You mean condemn the court appointed ruling by a conservative judge?

“The reversal comes after several lobbyists filed a suitclaiming their constitutional rights had been violated by the ban. Former National Retail Federation vice president Erik Autor and a number of other trade association lobbyists challenged the rule after being kicked off an Industry Trade Advisory Committee.

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit rejected the administration’s attempts to get the lawsuit dismissed earlier this year and ordered a lower court to re-examine the administration’s claims.”

“The reversal comes after several lobbyists filed a suitclaiming their constitutional rights had been violated by the ban. Former National Retail Federation vice president Erik Autor and a number of other trade association lobbyists challenged the rule after being kicked off an Industry Trade Advisory Committee.

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit rejected the administration’s attempts to get the lawsuit dismissed earlier this year and ordered a lower court to re-examine the administration’s claims.”

Obama reversed his promise on his first day in office.

That's why I posted two links.

All the same, if Obama couldn't do it (he indeed could refuse to see lobbyists like he promised) how do you condemn Trump?

All the same, if Obama couldn't do it (he indeed could refuse to see lobbyists like he promised) how do you condemn Trump?
Apples an oranges. Trumps was a WH employees ban on being lobbyists. Obama’s was a ban on all registered lobbyists from serving on boards or advisories. You are familiar with reading right?

Apples an oranges. Trumps was a WH employees ban on being lobbyists. Obama’s was a ban on all registered lobbyists from serving on boards or advisories. You are familiar with reading right?

I'm familiar with your hypocrisy.

PolitiFact - Obama's lobbyist rule: Promise Broken

Obameter: | PolitiFact

Don’t descend to name calling. Look. It’s not remotely the same thing. Trump reversed an EO he was legally allowed to implement. Obama reversed an overly broad one that had good intentions but violated the rights of people he was unable to regulate.

Don’t descend to name calling. Look. It’s not remotely the same thing. Trump revered an EO he was legally allowed to implement. Obama reversed an overly broad one that had good intentions but violated the rights of people he was unable to regulate.

Read the links. Be honest. I'm not going to hold my breath.

Obama makes a mockery of his own lobbyist ban

Don’t descend to name calling. Look. It’s not remotely the same thing. Trump revered an EO he was legally allowed to implement. Obama reversed an overly broad one that had good intentions but violated the rights of people he was unable to regulate.

I think you’re fine to be critical of the few exceptions Obama granted to people serving in areas outside the functions they worked in but it’s not the same thing as a broad reversal as they were running out of the building. Obama was in his seat to take the heat for the exceptions and they were specific to situations. Again, I think you’re fine being critical of that action as there are other candidates that could have simply done those roles without an exception to avoid this kind of lame finger pointing. However this is no way equivalent.

I think you’re fine to be critical of the few exceptions Obama granted to people serving in areas outside the functions they worked in but it’s not the same thing as a broad reversal as they were running out of the building. Obama was in his seat to take the heat for the exceptions and they were specific to situations. Again, I think you’re fine being critical of that action as there are other candidates that could have simply done those roles without an exception to avoid this kind of lame finger pointing. However this is no way equivalent.

Trump did what he did as he was leaving. Obama did what he did as he was taking office.

Trump did what he did as he was leaving. Obama did what he did as he was taking office.
Thanks for agreeing with me.

Thanks for agreeing with me.

How does Trump benefit from what he did? He doesn't. My links noted how Obama lied to benefit himself.

Trump revoked his ETHICS EO banning federal employees from being lobbyists within 5 years of leaving government just before midnight. Likely to improve the employment opportunities for his friends and family. Quite brazen. Not sure how 74M feel about this transparent decision and timing.

View attachment 445693

It's almost as if his own ethics E/O was full of shit from the beginning....

But Trumpers will justify it by saying "He had to do it because the libs were so mean to Trump and his admin, so Trump had no choice"

Forum List

Back