Trump responds to NFL players kneeling on Thanksgiving Day.

Well, they figure it's best to completely avoid any perspectives that don't coincide with theirs.

That's the alternate universe.
maybe a hell of a lot of people dont appreciate politics being brought into sports.....
As private citizens football players are at liberty to engage in lawful, peaceful protest.

It’s idiocy to suggest that football players should refrain from lawful, peaceful protest because others might object.

I disagree completely. Professional athletes perform their acts of physicality in front of paying crowds. And he who pays the piper gets to call the tune. If the promoter/owner has detected that the paying customers don't like a player's anti-american schtick isn't drawing in money, he can order him to change it under penalty of being fired.

Conducting a protest on the employer's premises and/or during work hours isn't protected by the Constitution.

Well, they figure it's best to completely avoid any perspectives that don't coincide with theirs.

maybe a hell of a lot of people dont appreciate politics being brought into sports.....
It's not about politics. It is only made political by those who make pretty much EVERYTHING political.

The libs do make everything political. But the NFL decided to celebrate Kaepernick for his protests against Veterans, instead of reprimanding him or even ignoring him.

What veterans was he protesting against? A lie doesn't care who tells it.

Veterans who defend our country and our flag

No, you don’t – that’s the problem.
Who asked you , deranged Trump hating dope head ?
Save it for Sunday school.
"I won't be watching much anymore."

Translation: “As an authoritarian conservative, I’m frightened by dissent and seek to compel conformity; anyone who doesn’t conform must be silenced.”

No one is "being silenced" at all, Jones. In fact the NFL promotes a lot of BLM/Antifa propaganda and nothing is going to change that. If Mr. Trump or any other American is sickened by disrespect to our country, why should they be attacked by the likes of you merely for absenting themselves from the performances?

As private citizens football players are at liberty to engage in lawful, peaceful protest.

It’s idiocy to suggest that football players should refrain from lawful, peaceful protest because others might object.

It is not idiotic to NOT insult your fans and paying customers.

Injecting an anti-American and racist statement into a national unity ritual, is the act of an implacable enemy.

Translation: “As an authoritarian conservative, I’m frightened by dissent and seek to compel conformity; anyone who doesn’t conform must be silenced.”

He said what he meant. You are the one that is frightened of addressing his non-conformists voice and you have to silence what he actually said by lying about it.

To be clear, you are an asshole.

When you inject it, into our entertainment and national pasttimes, you are getting in our faces with our anti-Americanism.

This is not about out bad behavior, but yours.
Nonsense.

Engaging in lawful, peaceful protest is fundamentally American.

That you and others on the right are frightened by warranted dissent and expressions of individual liberty is consistent with being an authoritarian conservative.

If your statement you make in your protest is anti-American, then you are an anti-American.

If you do your protest in the middle of a national unity ritual, then you are an asshole.

That you lie about such obvious shit, is you being a coward.

No is trying to silence any dissension. You and others are totally free to act like ignorant hateful pawns. We're free to ignore you.

No is trying to silence any dissension. You and others are totally free to act like ignorant hateful pawns. We're free to ignore you.

Or comment on how hateful and anti-American your behavior is.

My behavior is respectful and admirable. The kneeling football players is disrespectful and ignorant.

My behavior is respectful and admirable. The kneeling football players is disrespectful and ignorant.

Agreed. The "your" was a reference to those fucktard kneelers.

Then take it out of sports and you would have a hard time doing it, sports and the military go hand in hand.
they do?....been to lots of games with no political bullshit....the game went on just fine....

the gripe is bringing it into a sporting event jones....not if its ok for them to protest.....

like when the All Blacks used to visit South Africa during Apartheid. Good luck trying to keep politics out of sports. I've always liked the Jesse Owens approach. Go out and win despite the odds and stick it to the bad guy at the same time.

It's not about politics. It is only made political by those who make pretty much EVERYTHING political.

The libs do make everything political. But the NFL decided to celebrate Kaepernick for his protests against Veterans, instead of reprimanding him or even ignoring him.

What veterans was he protesting against? A lie doesn't care who tells it.

Veterans who defend our country and our flag

Please show us where Kap claimed to be attacking veterans.

Politics has always been brought into sports.
and its always met with many fans bitching about it too....

Of course because they want to act as if it is not happening. Why do you think so many atrocities were allowed to run rampant for years in this country.

New Topics

Forum List

Back