trump Removes Funding For Stars & Stripes

Unbelievable! Trump* wants to pay for those tax cuts for the rich - and he'll be coming after Social Security and the safety nets soon.

trump's war on the media continues. Now it's Stars and Stripes. A paper read by about 1 million people. Probably mostly those in the military.

It's only 15 million dollars. It's so sad that trump is doing this. I hope that congress restores the funding.

Trump budget zeroes out funding for Stars and Stripes, the military's newspaper

Moron.....it is an unnecessary expense........no one cares about Stars and Stripes except for left wingers who now only care because Trump decided to do it....

trump's war on the media continues. Now it's Stars and Stripes. A paper read by about 1 million people. Probably mostly those in the military.

It's only 15 million dollars. It's so sad that trump is doing this. I hope that congress restores the funding.

So based on your own math if you want to read it those million people can get it for 15 bucks a year.

Hope he cuts NPR next.
the stars and stripes was the ONLY newspaper us military related Americans stationed over seas had in English....

this is bull crap!

4 weekends of his stays at his golf resorts with secret service costs and airforce 1 flying him and the wifey costs, could pay for it....

Now no US military personnel on earth will ever get any news through any other means. They have no other choices at all.

Now no US military personnel on earth will ever get any news through any other means. They have no other choices at all.

It's news specifically for and about the military. Things not normally covered by the Kabul Times.

Veterans point to value of Stars and Stripes amid proposal to strip funding from news organization

I don't agree with this decision................it is a small budget expense for military serving overseas..........I used to get the paper at the exchange in Japan.....................Of course back then we didn't have the internet...........and it was a way of reading about issues back home.

Today with Social media..........not sure if it's necessary or not............but it isn't a large expense...........given the 6 Trillion we spent on killing our fellow man.

when you are stationed overseas there isn't too many choices... the Stars and Stripes was like your hometown newspaper to those stationed overseas... written and produced for military and families....

wonder why he is doing this?

he should just stop going to his golf resorts near every damn weekend....to save money

So based on your own math if you want to read it those million people can get it for 15 bucks a year.

Hope he cuts NPR next.
the stars and stripes was the ONLY newspaper us military related Americans stationed over seas had in English....

this is bull crap!

4 weekends of his stays at his golf resorts with secret service costs and airforce 1 flying him and the wifey costs, could pay for it....

Again....no one cares......not even people in the military you dope......they have cell phones and internet access....you dope......

Funny how you asshats couldn't have cared less about this...until Trump decided to take that wasted money.....

I am a huge Trump Supporter.............and I DISAGREE WITH THIS..............

It's a drop in the dang bucket on the military budget.........hell our cheapest missiles fired in war cost a MILLION A SHOT .....

The budget is the cost of 15 of these cheaper missiles..............hardly a budget concern.

I am a huge Trump Supporter.............and I DISAGREE WITH THIS..............

It's a drop in the dang bucket on the military budget.........hell our cheapest missiles fired in war cost a MILLION A SHOT .....

The budget is the cost of 15 of these cheaper missiles..............hardly a budget concern.

It isn't necessary anymore....military personnel can now call home from the battlefield..........keeping stars and stripes just...cause.....is how we get the bloated budgets we have........... this isn't the 1940s where the only news from home came from the military paper......

No one cares about Stars and Stripes...and 15 million dollars is 15 million dollars that doesn't need to be spent....

Hope he cuts NPR next.

this is bull crap!

Again....no one cares......not even people in the military you dope......they have cell phones and internet access....you dope......

Funny how you asshats couldn't have cared less about this...until Trump decided to take that wasted money.....
up yours!

I relied on the Stars and Stripes when stationed overseas....

you speak of nothing you know about....living in your cherished gun filled basement with no one around but mice and rats and your guns to keep company with.... :p

Hope he cuts NPR next.

this is bull crap!

up yours!

I relied on the Stars and Stripes when stationed overseas....

you speak of nothing you know about....living in your cherished gun filled basement with no one around but mice and rats and your guns to keep company with.... :p

Moron...again......every soldier has a cell phone now........so the dinosaur that is Stars and Stripes is no longer needed....and 15 million dollars is 15 million dollars that can be spent, or better, saved rather than wasted on Stars and Stripes.....

You have no idea who I am or what I have in my basement....

Veterans point to value of Stars and Stripes amid proposal to strip funding from news organization

I don't agree with this decision................it is a small budget expense for military serving overseas..........I used to get the paper at the exchange in Japan.....................Of course back then we didn't have the internet...........and it was a way of reading about issues back home.

Today with Social media..........not sure if it's necessary or not............but it isn't a large expense...........given the 6 Trillion we spent on killing our fellow man.

Stars and Stripes isn’t what it once was. They run anti-Trump articles all the time. I was appalled when I saw that, don’t recall them ever running negative stories on other commander-in-chiefs.

when you are stationed overseas there isn't too many choices... the Stars and Stripes was like your hometown newspaper to those stationed overseas... written and produced for military and families....

wonder why he is doing this?

he should just stop going to his golf resorts near every damn weekend....to save money
Melanoma needs an upgrade to her wardrobe. A 15 million $ upgrade.

Hope he cuts NPR next.

NPR definitely needs to be cut; or, if liberals insist on having it, then they can either show that they are providing equal content and viewpoints from all sides; or, Trump can provide for funding of AM Talk Radio.

Another right-wing attack on freedom of speech. And one that directly affects our military. So patriotic! Not.

Forum List

Back