Trump push on $2K checks flops as GOP-led Senate won't vote

Perhaps mcconnell wants to see people struggle. What other reason is there to deny people in a time they desperately need it?

Well, maybe if the democrats were actually sincere and didn't want to give 10 times more to foreign nations and their own special interests than to Americans ???

Democrats covid relief program........

1 for America.....
2 for Ethiopia.....
1 for America......
3 for the Congo......
1 for America.......
5 for gender studies in Somolia....

Uhhhh If Republicans hadn't loaded the first bill with trillions for big businesses everyone would have gotten more the first time.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell all but shut the door Wednesday on President Donald Trump’s push for $2,000 COVID-19 relief checks, declaring Congress has provided enough pandemic aid as he blocked another attempt by Democrats to force a vote.

The GOP leader made clear he is unwilling to budge, despite political pressure from Trump and even some fellow Republican senators demanding action. Trump wants the recent $600 in aid increased threefold. But McConnell dismissed the idea of bigger “survival checks” approved by the House, saying the money would go to plenty of American households that just don’t need it.

Meh, Leave it to Republican's to shoot themselves in the foot, and insult the American people to boot....

McConnell's argument reminds me of liberals that use the "what do you need that for" in the gun debates....

Truth is Mitch, IT'S OUR MONEY!!! The smugness of our supposed representitives trying to tell us that they know better what to do with out money when they pass bills loaded with waste like studies how alcoholic rats will react to stimuli, and billions to pure garbage, then tell people who need the money, that they can eat cake.

All on the eve of a crucial race runoff in GA as well...I don't get it...

Schumer made a comment that should they take the Senate, then this increase will be among the first things taken up by the new Senate, so Mitch gives up another chance to take away a positive thing for the Democrats, and lends credibility to what liberals say about Republican's voting against their own voters interests...

I never thought I'd be in agreement with Schumer on ANYTHING, but this is just stupidity...It's going to pass anyway, question is, will Republican's take the credit for passing it, or will they cede it do Democrats....

No it isn't our money since that proposed $2,000 doesn't exist, it is FIAT money, meaning the government has to print it before they give it to you.

I understand, but you seem willing to shut out those who may severly need this money....
Wrong

My solution is just different from yours

end the shutdown so that people who need the money can return to work

and if the baby hitlers in cities, counties and states refuse ot reopen make them fire 25% of the government employees so that the almighty state that libs worship so much can feel
the pain too

make the governors give up the limousine and ride public transit

make the mayor dispatch all the heavily armed police officers at their door who are protecting them 24/7

send those cops to the neighborhoods instead

Last edited:
WASHINGTON (AP) — Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell all but shut the door Wednesday on President Donald Trump’s push for $2,000 COVID-19 relief checks, declaring Congress has provided enough pandemic aid as he blocked another attempt by Democrats to force a vote.

The GOP leader made clear he is unwilling to budge, despite political pressure from Trump and even some fellow Republican senators demanding action. Trump wants the recent $600 in aid increased threefold. But McConnell dismissed the idea of bigger “survival checks” approved by the House, saying the money would go to plenty of American households that just don’t need it.

Meh, Leave it to Republican's to shoot themselves in the foot, and insult the American people to boot....

McConnell's argument reminds me of liberals that use the "what do you need that for" in the gun debates....

Truth is Mitch, IT'S OUR MONEY!!! The smugness of our supposed representitives trying to tell us that they know better what to do with out money when they pass bills loaded with waste like studies how alcoholic rats will react to stimuli, and billions to pure garbage, then tell people who need the money, that they can eat cake.

All on the eve of a crucial race runoff in GA as well...I don't get it...

Schumer made a comment that should they take the Senate, then this increase will be among the first things taken up by the new Senate, so Mitch gives up another chance to take away a positive thing for the Democrats, and lends credibility to what liberals say about Republican's voting against their own voters interests...

I never thought I'd be in agreement with Schumer on ANYTHING, but this is just stupidity...It's going to pass anyway, question is, will Republican's take the credit for passing it, or will they cede it do Democrats....

No it isn't our money since that proposed $2,000 doesn't exist, it is FIAT money, meaning the government has to print it before they give it to you.

Yep, I know the argument well....Hell, I've made it often....But in this case, if republicans don't get this done, then as usual democrats will come into office and do it, then they will take the credit for getting aid to people who need it, and republicans will once again blow a shot to do the right thing.

I understand, but you seem willing to shut out those who may severly need this money....
Wrong

My solution is just different from yours

end the shutdown so that people who need the money can return to work

and if the baby hitlers in cities, counties and states refuse ot reopen make them fire 25% of the government employees so that the almighty state that libs worship so much can feel
l the pain too

make the governors give up the limousine and ride public transit

make the mayor dispatch all the heavily armed police officers at their door who are protecting them 24/7

send those cops to the neighborhoods instead

Your's isn't different Mac, it's creul to those who have lost their business, those who have been laid off due to shutdowns, those who because no fault of their own, are facing everything from eviction, to bare cupboards, all because you don't want Congress to do what you know they will on Jan 21. Why give them that?

Why give them that?
Because every time congress gives in and sends out more checks the petty dictators in the states are allowed to prolong the shutdown insanity longer

Yep, and they're going to continue that too....All you are doing is depriving the people who need it...
The states cannot continue the lockdowns without federal subsidies

they are not taking in enough sales tax and state income tax due to the lockdowns

but they are not laying off state employees

when the baby hitlers are faced with that decision is when they will end the lockdowns

Yep, and they're going to continue that too....All you are doing is depriving the people who need it...

they are not taking in enough sales tax and state income tax due to the lockdowns

when the baby hitlers are faced with that decision is when they will end the lockdowns

Mac, they already got their money in the original bill with the $600 insult....This additional $1400 is about as close to a stand alone as one gets in this day and age....Don't confuse the two.

Mac, they already got their money in the original bill with the $600 insult....This additional $1400 is about as close to a stand alone as one gets in this day and age....Don't confuse the two.
I was against the $600 stimulus too

and I will be against the next stimulus and the one after that

I am against every stimulus until the economy collapses and the food banks run out of food

most Americans are not old enough to know what real poverty is

but if this stupid lockdown and deficit spending continues we are are about to find out

I was against the $600 stimulus too

and I will be against the next stimulus and the one after that

I am against every stimulus until the economy collapses and the food banks run out of food

most Americans are not old enough to know what real poverty is

but if this stupid lockdown and deficit spending continues we are are about to find out

We are probably going to find out anyway....Our debt is unsustainable.

I think we agree on a great many things Mac...This is just not one of them....I prefer to help those who need it if I can...

This is no time to worry about debt as millions of families are having difficulty feeding their family. In that case $$$ means nothing and nor should it.

Forum List

Back