Trump praising confederates

Strictly speaking, Trump is correct. Lee was a master tactician and a great General. Anyone who's unable to comprehend that is ignorant and stupid. You can disagree with the cause for which he fought all you want but, from a military perspective, Trump was spot on. Lee was brilliant. Despite facing armies which far outnumbered his own, Lee won strategic victories at both Fredericksburg and Chancellorsville.

And we would not have been two countries, as Lee once wrote: " I can anticipate no greater calamity for the country than a dissolution of the Union. It would be an accumulation of all the evils we complain of, and I am willing to sacrifice everything but honor for its preservation."

Secession was something Lee neither wanted nor pursued...

Strictly speaking, Trump is correct. Lee was a master tactician and a great General. Anyone who's unable to comprehend that is ignorant and stupid. You can disagree with the cause for which he fought all you want but, from a military perspective, Trump was spot on. Lee was brilliant. Despite facing armies which far outnumbered his own, Lee won strategic victories at both Fredericksburg and Chancellorsville.

And we would not have been two countries, as Lee once wrote: " I can anticipate no greater calamity for the country than a dissolution of the Union. It would be an accumulation of all the evils we complain of, and I am willing to sacrifice everything but honor for its preservation."

Lee lost the damn war, stop licking Drumps ass.

Its all about pandering to whiteness for that dipshit

Liberal snowflake alert, "Trump’s praise for Lee (who died in 1870) hurt for those of us who have served and who have lost friends in the service,” Newton added. " :206: :206: :206: :206: :206:

Lee lost the damn war, stop licking Drumps ass.

Eat shit, negro.

Find a single thing untrue about my post and then run your mouth. Saving that, go fuck yourself...

Your ignorant comment shows that you have no clue about the confederacy or Lee. Talk about being a dipship---you should look in the mirror. Hint: Lee was a far far better person than you.

Your ignorant comment shows that you have no clue about the confederacy or Lee. Talk about being a dipship---you should look in the mirror. Hint: Lee was a far far better person than you.

Fuck the confederacy, you don't see Germans praising Nazi leaders as great men, Drump knows what he's doing. You white people are sorry pieces of shit for defending him

Trying out your cancelling skills? You failed.
Robert E Lee was every bit an American as you are.
The irony is that both Lee and you was/are fighting for the wrong cause.

Fuck the confederacy, you don't see Germans praising Nazi leaders as great men, Drump knows what he's doing. You white people are sorry pieces of shit for defending him

Says the racist.

Here is what Trump actually said, and he was right. History has stated Lee was tactically very good, whether you like him or not. It was a fact-

Now people are starting to say, “It’s probably true. I think you’ve got the worst.” Now they used to say, “No, no.” Newt Gingrich, great guy. He said, “Nope, Abraham Lincoln got the worst press. They were worse to him than anybody. He was a very depressed person. His wife was very depressed.” It was a depressed kind of a thing. He’s in a war, he’s in a revolution. And he was getting beaten a lot by Robert E. Lee. They want to rip his statue down all over the place. But Robert E. Lee whether you like statues or not, they don’t rip statues down anymore. I signed a law. 10 years in jail if they rip them down.

Donald Trump: (55:28)
But Robert E. Lee won many, many battles in a row and it was supposed to be over in one day. It was supposed to end immediately because the North was too powerful for the South. But it just shows when you have leaders, when you have a great general. And Robert E. Lee, he would have won except for Gettysburg. And that was because his general was killed who’s going to lead Gettysburg. Never fight uphill, me boys. Never fight uphill. He heard they were going up hill. Stop them, stop them. But we had no cell phones in that day, right? Congressmen? No cell phones.

Donald Trump: (55:59)
So they sent the horses to stop him. Stop him. But it was too late. They fought uphill and they got slaughtered. That’s what happened. But Robert E. Lee these were incredible things. But I hope you appreciate that we had a period of time when they were ripping down all of the statues and monuments. And I said to my people four months ago, I said, “This is crazy. These people.”

Donald Trump: (56:24)
And they don’t even know. They started ripping down Abraham Lincoln. When they hit Lincoln I said, “Wait a minute. This is the man. And you can’t do …” Then they hit George Washington, Thomas Jefferson. They hit everybody. They even had Gandhi. All Gandhi wanted was one thing. Peace. May we have peace. Rip down the statue we don’t like it. I don’t think they have any idea what they’re doing. I think they’re just a bunch of thugs. Okay? You want to know that? I think they are a bunch of thugs.
The left twists everything. Thank God for transcripts.

Lee at that time was considered the best general in the U.S. army.
Pres. Lincoln even offered Lee command of the entire Union army.
Lee rejected the offer because he was from the southern state of Virginia and took command of the Confederate army.
Even today, Gen. Lee's battlefield tactics are taught and studied at West Point and other military schools around the world. ... :cool:

What many people don't seem to comprehend. Is that after the war was over, all Confederate solders who swore an oath to never take up arms against the United States again. Were granted a full pardon and their American citizenship with all rights was restored.
Almost every ex-Confederate soldier took the oath. ... :cool:

Last edited:
What many people don't seem to comprehend. Is that after the war was over, all Confederate solders who swore an oath to never take up arms against the United States again. Were grant a full pardon and their American citizenship with all rights was restored.
Almost every ex-Confederate soldier took the oath. ... :cool:
Except Josey Wales......

#GoFuckYourself
Even in defeating him, Patton had nothing but praise for Rommel as a tactician and leader of men. He had only derision for Montgomery

Forum List

Back