Trump out bidding States for medical supplies

No amount of spin and deflection changes the fact the federal government is the only entity capable of centrally managing the crisis and ordering private industry to help shrink the gap between supplies we have and supplies we need. Nice try.

Are you actually saying the States have NO control over themselves?

You need to study the Constitution A LOT!

I call it a lack of planning by the state and local health departments
No amount of spin and deflection changes the fact the federal government is the only entity capable of centrally managing the crisis and ordering private industry to help shrink the gap between supplies we have and supplies we need. Nice try.
that changes nothing

the local and state governments have primary responsibility for the health of their citizens

its liberal deep blue districts that are in the most trouble and the least prepared
Blue states are in trouble because unlike red states they have more people than cows.

Wouldn't it be nice for a change to hear what poster's like Berg, and Tommy offer what they would have done differently, instead of the daily bilge of carping what the President is doing wrong in their eyes to attack, attack, attack?
This seems fairly implicit.
exercise his powers under the Defense Production Act

Why would he have to at this point, he has companies stepping up to ramp production of needed materials...
In the short term we are screwed

but long term slap huge tariffs on imported drugs and and that will bring production back to America where it belongs

I agree that we need to address production of our life saving prescription drugs, but, I don't think we are 'screwed' short term either. Companies are ramping production as we speak...This is America....We will prevail.
We’re not going to die in mass numbers as libs were hoping for

but there are a lot of shortages and outrage that nurses are working without masks

It was the SEIU Nursing ... that 'found' 90,000 masks.

Wouldn't it be nice for a change to hear what poster's like Berg, and Tommy offer what they would have done differently, instead of the daily bilge of carping what the President is doing wrong in their eyes to attack, attack, attack?

Why would he have to at this point, he has companies stepping up to ramp production of needed materials...

but long term slap huge tariffs on imported drugs and and that will bring production back to America where it belongs

I agree that we need to address production of our life saving prescription drugs, but, I don't think we are 'screwed' short term either. Companies are ramping production as we speak...This is America....We will prevail.

but there are a lot of shortages and outrage that nurses are working without masks

Yeah, you're right...but I did see a report this morning that PPE like masks, are being ramped up and under production now....I think we are going to be ok.

that changes nothing

the local and state governments have primary responsibility for the health of their citizens

its liberal deep blue districts that are in the most trouble and the least prepared
Blue states are in trouble because unlike red states they have more people than cows.

Suppliers, and even factories outside the normal PPE manufactures, like clothing companies, GM, etc, are making needed equipment right now without your authoritarian, point of the gun wet dream...

that changes nothing

More people demands more forethought

and more stockpiling of necessary supplies

which blue cities failed to do

Good for them...Shoved away in the janatorial closet no doubt....

Fail

In 2015 the CDC informed the state of New York that they needed to restore their stock of supplies that had been 'infringed' on by the swine flu.
Obama decided it wasn't necessary.
Now, say "Thanks Obama"

It's good to have cows - it means you actually get to eat!

I missed thst story

what happened?

During the press conference, the Gov of MA phoned in to ask why their State keeps getting outbid for medical supplies by the federal government. First Trump tells the States to quit whining & buy their own supplies & then out bids them for these suppliers.

This seems to imply a couple of things.

Are manufacturers putting their supplies to a bidding war? Isn't this illegal? Using a crisis to price gouge?

Does the feds know that they are outbidding the States

Where is the feds sending these supplies

WE need to audit these manufacturers to see where their output is going.
Bullshit.

Fail

In 2015 the CDC informed the state of New York that they needed to restore their stock of supplies that had been 'infringed' on by the swine flu.
Obama decided it wasn't necessary.
Now, say "Thanks Obama"

It's good to have cows - it means you actually get to eat!
Shame on obama and cuomo was already governor at the time

And the
And the federal government did? You're embarrassing yourself.

Rhonda Medows, president of population health management at Providence St. Joseph Health, a chain of hospitals and clinics based in Seattle that spans seven states, said her health system is considering requesting veterinary ventilators used to treat large animals because it is concerned that it will not have enough ventilators designed for humans.
“We have Third World countries who are better equipped than we are now in Seattle,” she said in an interview. “For weeks we have been asking the federal government to compel manufacturers to produce more [personal protective equipment] because we knew from our own modeling that there would be a serious shortfall.”

I missed thst story

what happened?

Service Employees International Union United Healthcare Workers West announced Thursday that it located 39 million N95 masks and will make them available to state and local governments and health care systems that are fighting the novel coronavirus outbreak.

Union Locates 39 Million N95 Masks for Healthcare Workers, Local Governments

And the

Rhonda Medows, president of population health management at Providence St. Joseph Health, a chain of hospitals and clinics based in Seattle that spans seven states, said her health system is considering requesting veterinary ventilators used to treat large animals because it is concerned that it will not have enough ventilators designed for humans.
“We have Third World countries who are better equipped than we are now in Seattle,” she said in an interview. “For weeks we have been asking the federal government to compel manufacturers to produce more [personal protective equipment] because we knew from our own modeling that there would be a serious shortfall.”

Stunning!

Providence is usually on top of their game.

Providence fell off their game and are now begging the Feds.

Shameful.

And the

Rhonda Medows, president of population health management at Providence St. Joseph Health, a chain of hospitals and clinics based in Seattle that spans seven states, said her health system is considering requesting veterinary yventilators used to treat large animals because it is concerned that it will not have enough ventilators designed for humans.
The federal government should not be compelling private companies to produce masks or medical equipment at the point of a gun

the private sector will fill the gap if possible

but liberals are being unrealistic if they expect companies to invest hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars without protection from chinese lowballers after the crisis is over

Trump is just running things like a crime boss. It's not new.
Nothing wrong with the style as long as it's not criminal. We needed a tough guy in that job after all the weak aces that had come before him.
^ he says, as America collapses
Collapses into something better and stronger, so hang in there.
Like what? If the US collapses what exactly do you think it will look like that could be better or stronger?
Can't say... The left is in the room. You know how they are. All I can say is MAGA. LOL.

Where do you think the chaos and anarchy was coming from ?? Wup, done said to much.

Ok, just saying that if we can get this nation back to what it's original intent was (minus a few past problems that were created long ago by men who thought they could enslave other men), then we would be much better off, and much stronger afterwards. Have you not been on the Trump train ?? Have you not seen the attacks when he tried to make something better or better again in this country ?? Have you not seen the rabid responses to anything he has done, even when it helped to bring back jobs, helped the military, end long deployments, bring back manufacturing, lower unemployment rates, deal with rogue powers, create better trade deals, eliminate bad ones, right to try, stabilize job markets, speak out against heinous acts, expose corruption, and on and on and on and on it goes ???? You know I can't believe you asked me this question really.
T rump is a fucking idiot. I ave seen the stress on the farmers. Thanks to Trump.

Manufacturing is sliding thanks to Trump

Deficits are skyrocketing (before the Trump virus), thanks to Trump.

He has accomplished nothing with the rogue powers.

He has set this nation back 4 years in our fight against climate change

He sat on his fat ass while this virus engulfs us.

He destroyed trade deals & made no trade deals that did anything.(Renaming NAFTA does not count)

Trump has done nothing to help this country. He has done plenty to help himself.

The worst thing Trump did was convince assholes like you that he is a stable genius who needs no advisors because he knows more than everybody.

Trump has let the door open to this pandemic & we will now see job losses worse that the Bush recession and maybe a two trillion plus deficit.

Thanks to dumb shits who knew Trump was an incompetent fool & elected him anyway. Fuck you people. May the virus be with you all.
Translation - Trump destroyed the leftist radical movement in the country, and that's the true rub. Get a better agenda, and better policies so it all goes away. Simple.

Gov. Gretchen Whitmer Says Medical Vendors Told Not To 'Send Stuff' To Michigan

President Donald Trump’s latest target, Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, told a radio station Friday that medical supply vendors informed her they’ve been told “not to send stuff” to her state amid the battle against COVID-19.

Whitmer, a Democrat, didn’t say if the orders were coming from the White House or if vendors may have been intimidated by Trump’s feud with the governor. But she did appear to link the problem to the president because she told WWJ-AM in Detroit that she tried Thursday night to call the White House to discuss the issue.

Forum List

Back