Trump on Coronavirus from January 8, 2020 to March 11, 2020.

U2Edge

Gold Member
Sep 15, 2012
I saw this in response to an article about Trump's approval numbers on dealing with covid-19 and thought I would post it here.

By the way, according to the poll in the above link, 58% disapprove of Trump's response to coronavirus. Only 41% approve of Trump's Coronavirus response.

Jan 8th - First CDC warning
Jan 14th - Trump campaign rally
Jan 18th - Trump golfs
Jan 19th - Trump golfs
Jan 20: "I know more about viruses than anyone.” ...”My uncle was a professor at MIT.”
Jan 22: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”
Jan 28th - Trump campaign rally
Jan 30th - Trump campaign rally
Feb 1st - Trump golfs
Feb 2: “We pretty much shut it down coming in from China.”
Feb 10th - Trump campaign rally
Feb 12th - Dow Jones closes at an all time high of 29,551.42
Feb 15h - Trump golfs
Feb 19th - Trump campaign rally
Feb 20th - Trump campaign rally
Feb 21st - Trump campaign rally
Feb 24: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”
Feb 25: “CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus.”
Feb 25: “I think that's a problem that’s going to go away… They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine.”
Feb 26: “The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.”
Feb 26th - “We're going very substantially down, not up.” Also "This is a flu. This is like a flu"; "Now, you treat this like a flu"; "It's a little like the regular flu that we have flu shots for. And we'll essentially have a flu shot for this in a fairly quick manner."
Feb 27: “One day it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”
Feb 28th - Trump campaign rally. “This is their new hoax.”
Feb 28: “We're ordering a lot of supplies. We're ordering a lot of, uh, elements that frankly we wouldn't be ordering unless it was something like this. But we're ordering a lot of different elements of medical.”
March 2nd - “You take a solid flu vaccine, you don't think that could have an impact, or much of an impact, on corona?”
March 2: Trump falsely claims "nobody knew" the number of US flu deaths, nope he’s the only one that doesn’t know as usual.
March 2: Trump says a vaccine is coming "relatively soon” Trump did not mention that CDC had told him earlier that day that a vaccine was "a year to a year and a half" away.
March 4: “If we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work — some of them go to work, but they get better.”
March 5th - “I NEVER said people that are feeling sick should go to work.” (Trump realizing, he screwed up again)
March 5: Trump wrongly claims the virus only hit the US "three weeks ago” Trump was informed of a confirmed case on January 21(6 weeks prior). He lied.
March 5: World Health Organization (WHO) based on data collected around the world stated the global mortality rate for coronavirus at 3.4%. Trump says :”I think the 3.4 % is really a false number, this is just my “Hunch”! (Hunch over Facts in Trumps world)
Mar 5: “The United States… has, as of now, only 129 cases… and 11 deaths. We are working very hard to keep these numbers as low as possible!”
Mar 6: “I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it ... Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.”
Mar 6: “I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault.”
March 6: As the number of cases and deaths in Italy rises, Trump says
“I hear the numbers getting much better in Italy” Another Lie.
March 6: Trump falsely claims anybody can get tested if they want. That wasn't true. There were an insufficient number of tests available, as Pence said the day prior, and Americans could not get tested simply because they wanted to get tested. "You may not get a test unless a doctor or public health official prescribes a test,"
March 6: Trump baselessly muses that "maybe" the coronavirus improved US jobs numbers, Trump never thinks in terms of people and families losing lives… just numbers to boost his ego.
March 7th - Trump golfs
March 8th - Trump golfs
March 8th - “We have a perfectly coordinated and fine-tuned plan at the White House for our attack on CoronaVirus.”
March 9th - “This blindsided the world.”
March 9th Stock Market Crash Part I
March 11: Trump TV speech wrongly states Insurance companies will pay for patients Coronavirus treatment. Next day Insurance Coalition corrected Trump and said they will pay ONLY for Co-payments, NOT Treatment. Big Difference!
March 11: Trump TV speech wrongly states his Travel Ban to Europe will “apply to the tremendous amount of trade and large”. Next day white House Officials corrected Trump misinformation and said” Travel ban will NOT include trade!”. Trumps can’t even read a Teleprompter correctly.
March 11: Trump’s Ban to Europe does NOT include Britain and Scotland, were there are more confirmed coronavirus cases than in some European countries.

March 26: Total U.S. deaths top 1,000 from covid-19

April 6: Total U.S. deaths top 10,000 from covid-19

June 21: Total U.S. deaths from coronavirus are at 122,069

June 21: Top 10 countries in the world for coronavirus infection on a per capita basis:

01. Qatar
02. San Marino
03. Vatican City
04. Bahrain
05. Chile
06. Andorra
07. Kuwait
08. Peru
09. Singapore
10. United States

Top 10 countries in the world for coronavirus deaths on a per capita basis:

01. San Marino
02. Belgium
03. Andorra
04. United Kingdom
05. Spain
06. Italy
07. Sweden
08. France
09. United States
10. Netherlands

More than 1 in 4 people infected with Coronavirus on planet Earth lives in the United States.

Talk radio mocked the issue right away, so Trump had to, also.

It wasn't until it was obvious that he had to actually do something.

Well, actually, when your a responsible leader of a country, you take preventive action as soon as Possible. That's what Taiwan did on January 20, 2020 and today Taiwan only has 446 infections and 7 deaths, and only 5 active cases still left in their country of 25 million. What the leaders of Taiwan accomplished, is something Trump had the power to do but failed.

I saw this in response to an article about Trump's approval numbers on dealing with covid-19 and thought I would post it here.

By the way, according to the poll in the above link, 58% disapprove of Trump's response to coronavirus. Only 41% approve of Trump's Coronavirus response.

Jan 18th - Trump golfs
Jan 19th - Trump golfs
Jan 20: "I know more about viruses than anyone.” ...”My uncle was a professor at MIT.”
Jan 22: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”
Feb 1st - Trump golfs
Feb 15h - Trump golfs
Feb 24: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”
Feb 25: “CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus.”
Feb 25: “I think that's a problem that’s going to go away… They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine.”
Feb 26: “The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.”
Feb 26th - “We're going very substantially down, not up.” Also "This is a flu. This is like a flu"; "Now, you treat this like a flu"; "It's a little like the regular flu that we have flu shots for. And we'll essentially have a flu shot for this in a fairly quick manner."
Feb 28: “We're ordering a lot of supplies. We're ordering a lot of, uh, elements that frankly we wouldn't be ordering unless it was something like this. But we're ordering a lot of different elements of medical.”
March 2nd - “You take a solid flu vaccine, you don't think that could have an impact, or much of an impact, on corona?”
March 2: Trump falsely claims "nobody knew" the number of US flu deaths, nope he’s the only one that doesn’t know as usual.
March 2: Trump says a vaccine is coming "relatively soon” Trump did not mention that CDC had told him earlier that day that a vaccine was "a year to a year and a half" away.
March 4: “If we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work — some of them go to work, but they get better.”
March 5th - “I NEVER said people that are feeling sick should go to work.” (Trump realizing, he screwed up again)
March 5: Trump wrongly claims the virus only hit the US "three weeks ago” Trump was informed of a confirmed case on January 21(6 weeks prior). He lied.
March 5: World Health Organization (WHO) based on data collected around the world stated the global mortality rate for coronavirus at 3.4%. Trump says :”I think the 3.4 % is really a false number, this is just my “Hunch”! (Hunch over Facts in Trumps world)
Mar 5: “The United States… has, as of now, only 129 cases… and 11 deaths. We are working very hard to keep these numbers as low as possible!”
Mar 6: “I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it ... Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.”
Mar 6: “I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault.”
March 6: Trump falsely claims anybody can get tested if they want. That wasn't true. There were an insufficient number of tests available, as Pence said the day prior, and Americans could not get tested simply because they wanted to get tested. "You may not get a test unless a doctor or public health official prescribes a test,"
March 6: Trump baselessly muses that "maybe" the coronavirus improved US jobs numbers, Trump never thinks in terms of people and families losing lives… just numbers to boost his ego.
March 7th - Trump golfs
March 8th - Trump golfs
March 8th - “We have a perfectly coordinated and fine-tuned plan at the White House for our attack on CoronaVirus.”
March 11: Trump TV speech wrongly states Insurance companies will pay for patients Coronavirus treatment. Next day Insurance Coalition corrected Trump and said they will pay ONLY for Co-payments, NOT Treatment. Big Difference!
March 11: Trump TV speech wrongly states his Travel Ban to Europe will “apply to the tremendous amount of trade and large”. Next day white House Officials corrected Trump misinformation and said” Travel ban will NOT include trade!”. Trumps can’t even read a Teleprompter correctly.
March 11: Trump’s Ban to Europe does NOT include Britain and Scotland, were there are more confirmed coronavirus cases than in some European countries.

June 21: Top 10 countries in the world for coronavirus infection on a per capita basis:

01. Qatar
02. San Marino
03. Vatican City
04. Bahrain
05. Chile
06. Andorra
07. Kuwait
08. Peru
09. Singapore
10. United States

01. San Marino
02. Belgium
03. Andorra
04. United Kingdom
05. Spain
06. Italy
07. Sweden
08. France
09. United States
10. Netherlands

More than 1 in 4 people infected with Coronavirus on planet Earth lives in the United States.
I’m not sure you can put all the blame on Dumb Don, for the government’s poor response. We were told all sorts of conflicting information from asshole Fauci, CDC, WHO, MSM, etc.

Little Fauci even admitted he lied about masks not being effective.

There is so much lying and misinformation going on by our government, that Donnie is one liar among many.

Jan 18th - Trump golfs
Jan 19th - Trump golfs
Feb 1st - Trump golfs
Feb 15h - Trump golfs
March 7th - Trump golfs
March 8th - Trump golfs

01. Qatar
02. San Marino
03. Vatican City
04. Bahrain
05. Chile
06. Andorra
07. Kuwait
08. Peru
09. Singapore
10. United States

01. San Marino
02. Belgium
03. Andorra
04. United Kingdom
05. Spain
06. Italy
07. Sweden
08. France
09. United States
10. Netherlands

Did you also document all the Liberals here who called Donnie a racist?
Oh! I see you didn't.

Jan 18th - Trump golfs
Jan 19th - Trump golfs
Feb 1st - Trump golfs
Feb 15h - Trump golfs
March 7th - Trump golfs
March 8th - Trump golfs

01. Qatar
02. San Marino
03. Vatican City
04. Bahrain
05. Chile
06. Andorra
07. Kuwait
08. Peru
09. Singapore
10. United States

01. San Marino
02. Belgium
03. Andorra
04. United Kingdom
05. Spain
06. Italy
07. Sweden
08. France
09. United States
10. Netherlands

Yet another valid reason to vote Trump out of office.

Jan 18th - Trump golfs
Jan 19th - Trump golfs
Feb 1st - Trump golfs
Feb 15h - Trump golfs
March 7th - Trump golfs
March 8th - Trump golfs

01. Qatar
02. San Marino
03. Vatican City
04. Bahrain
05. Chile
06. Andorra
07. Kuwait
08. Peru
09. Singapore
10. United States

01. San Marino
02. Belgium
03. Andorra
04. United Kingdom
05. Spain
06. Italy
07. Sweden
08. France
09. United States
10. Netherlands

1592761954493.png

Jan 18th - Trump golfs
Jan 19th - Trump golfs
Feb 1st - Trump golfs
Feb 15h - Trump golfs
March 7th - Trump golfs
March 8th - Trump golfs

01. Qatar
02. San Marino
03. Vatican City
04. Bahrain
05. Chile
06. Andorra
07. Kuwait
08. Peru
09. Singapore
10. United States

01. San Marino
02. Belgium
03. Andorra
04. United Kingdom
05. Spain
06. Italy
07. Sweden
08. France
09. United States
10. Netherlands

Post riots...
Red and Purple States go to Trump.

Please have more riots.

Well, actually, when your a responsible leader of a country, you take preventive action as soon as Possible. That's what Taiwan did on January 20, 2020 and today Taiwan only has 446 infections and 7 deaths, and only 5 active cases still left in their country of 25 million. What the leaders of Taiwan accomplished, is something Trump had the power to do but failed.
Sure. But he has his priorities, and first among them is not pissing off the base. Second is thrilling the base. Everything else is secondary, including fundamental public safety.

I’m not sure you can put all the blame on Dumb Don, for the government’s poor response. We were told all sorts of conflicting information from asshole Fauci, CDC, WHO, MSM, etc.

Little Fauci even admitted he lied about masks not being effective.

There is so much lying and misinformation going on by our government, that Donnie is one liar among many.

Truman said, THE BUCK STOPS HERE. "The President--whoever he is--has to decide. He can't pass the buck to anybody. No one else can do the deciding for him. That's his job."

President Harry Truman, January 1953

It's not like the Democrtats didn't do all they could to up the death count. Walking the streets telling people to come join. Calling xenophobic for trying to shut down air travel. Putting virus positive people in old folks homes. Spending money for other things when told they needed things like ventilatortors.
Rioters and others allowed to run free while those that wanted to feed families with mitigation in place told no.

But of course China and WHO told everyone no transmission by human to human contact. How many Americans were actually in a Wuhan wet market? China stopped all flights into Wuhan but allowed flights to leave. We still have no real idea how many were infected in China or how many died, chances are the true numbers will never be known.

We have been into this for how long and we still get conflicting reports of what is necessary. Masks, no masks. Sports no sports.

Truman said, THE BUCK STOPS HERE. "The President--whoever he is--has to decide. He can't pass the buck to anybody. No one else can do the deciding for him. That's his job."

President Harry Truman, January 1953
Truman was an asshole just like Trump. If you blame Trump exclusively, you’re not thinking.

Forum List

Back