Trump On A Roll!: US Debt Decreases More Than $60 Billion Since Inauguration...

More great news for America. Not so great news for Democrat Trump-Haters.

Amazing: US Debt Decreased by More Than $60 Billion Since Trump Inauguration

On January 20th, the day of the Trump Inauguration, the US Debt stood at $19,947 billion. On March 8th, more than a month later, the US Debt load stood at $19,879 billion. Trump has cut the US Debt burden by $68 billion and 0.3% in since his inauguration!

By comparison, under President Obama, the US Debt burden increased by more than $320 billion after his inauguration through March 8th 2009. Obama increased the US Debt by 3.1% during this time period and signed the trillion dollar ‘Stimulus’ bill which is widely considered a colossal failure and waste of US tax dollars as well. The failed ‘Stimulus’ did not kick in till later in Obama’s first year leading to Obama’s first year deficit of $1.4 trillion. Overall Obama doubled the US Debt during his Presidency and set records for highest deficits and the largest debt increase by any President ever...

More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2017®
Where did Drudge get these numbers?

The debt clock is currently at 19.941 trillion dollars as of this timestamp.

There's a link in the OP.
Okay, so I don't see a reduction in the Public debt, and what they are talking about is the Intragovernmental holdings. It appears that there was an initial reduction of 8 billion, and though I didn't do all the numbers, it looks as if the number reclaimed where it started within two days.

So I'm not sure where they claim their 68 billion dollars when it was actually 8 billion.

The chart is woefully lacking in details, specifically, how was this achieved?

I'll admit i'm no expert. And it is a drop in a bucket anyway. But i try to be optimistic. Hopefully this decrease will become a trend. But Trump isn't known to be a staunch fiscal Conservative. He's never claimed to be. So this could be a temporary positive development. I'm a realist.

Please take note of what is being compared in your little example.

The Reduction in Unemployment vs The Reduction in unemployment RATE!

Do you realize that they are two separate things? The rate is the change from the base. The Unemployed is an actual head count.

A careful reading of the rest of what you posted shows similar misdirecting of information for the purpose of promoting an ideology over truth.

Your little factless diatribe also ignores the massive amounts of stimulus that went to crony's as payback for political favors.

Now, Trump is in no way responsible for a reduction of anything just yet as he hasn't been responsible for any budget and very little in the way of spending (almost all of which has been predetermined by the previous administration).

I'm not even sure I believe there has been a reduction in the debt. The debt clock, as far as I know, hasn't once in the past 40 years, gone backward. It currently is climbing from 19.9 Trillion.

U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time
Look, I'm gonna cut you a huge solid....

It's quite clear that you picture yourself some kind of Arbiter of Reason, or American Centrist. Allow me to disabuse you of that conceit.

You are an imbecile.....

The Unemployed is an actual head count.
Let me first point out that you are bitching about the words of my source - an economist - describing in a mass media forum the result of a specific poll (to which he links).

The "substance" of your complaint is that "Unemployment" is a nominal concept, while "Unemployment Rate" is relative. This kind of thing might earn you a pat on your flat head in grade school, but in the REAL WORLD, EVERYONE knows that BLS doesn't track "Nominal Unemployed" in a discreet fashion. (I could go into great detail about why they are likely to refrain from doing so, but you aren't equipped to understand.)

When denizens of the REAL WORLD talk about "Unemployment" in any MEASURABLE fashion, they are, in fact, referring to the Unemployment Rate....

But that this was the limit of the idiocy you managed to cram into one post.....

A careful reading of the rest of what you posted shows similar misdirecting of information for the purpose of promoting an ideology over truth.
Even granting the false distinction you labor, how does this "misdirect"?

BLS DOES track Nominal EMployment......now, disregarding (for the nonce) new entrants into the labor force, what MUST happen to Nominal Unemployment if Nominal Employment rises?

Further, if you believe that the signal from U3 diverged from the signal of the non-existent Nominal Unemployment number, can you cite, oh.....let's pick private economists like IHS Global Insight, Macroeconomic Advisers, and Moody's Analytics......add the non-partisan CBO, on the subject of the effect of Stimulus on Employment (given that we know it is the Complement of Unemployment)?

I understand that it has been rough so far, but I'm not quite done yet...but first, as an aside

Your little factless diatribe also ignores the massive amounts of stimulus that went to crony's as payback for political favors.
Do you understand what a fact is? How about a citation?

Now let me show you "factless".....

ignores the massive amounts of stimulus that went to crony's as payback for political favors.
I ignore it with good reason.....It's reich wing media bullshit....only an idiot would buy it....

wait.....this is awkward....

Maybe not..

I'm not even sure I believe there has been a reduction in the debt. The debt clock, as far as I know, hasn't once in the past 40 years, gone backward.
I'll skip all the stuff in this that screams "Irredeemable Moron" in favor of informing you that

a) You can get monthly treasury reports which allow you to find any month's contribution to the debt

b) had you clicked on the link provided, you would see that it offers a DAILY debt calculation

c) only to a credulous douche is this even newsworthy.

I'm not the imbecile. You may be one, however.

It is clear from the wording and misleading comparisons that these 'economists' have something of an agenda. To determine what that is, we'd have to look at what they stand to gain by promoting all of these false equivalencies.

They do themselves no favors when they try to hide the poor reasoning for justification in misleading and misdirecting people.

That is why when we are lied to, trust is almost never returned.

I can no longer trust you to provide an honest account of what you believe because you are willing to allow yourself to be duped so easily.

I happen to agree that Trump had no hand in this alleged 'reduction in debt', but that does not mean I'm going to fall for the BS of ideologically driven hacks who try to pass themselves off as economists.

You haven't even looked, have you?

You have no idea who these economists polled by the Booth School at the U of Chicago are.........CLICK ON THE FUCKING LINK.....they are all identified.

No one is distorting anything. You just have no idea what you are bleating about, and what's worse, you lack the industry to learn......you are not only a moron, but an intellectually indolent one.....your idiocy may be entirely self inflicted.
You've proven your dishonesty. Go away gnat. I have actual things to discuss.

He or she is a rabid Hopey Changey-Bot who had no problem with Obama running up a devastating $20 Trillion Debt. Just an average disingenuous hypocrite. Nothing more, nothing less.
Obama running up a devastating $20 Trillion Debt.

I say you're a liar, DirtShute......show me your math....

Look, I'm gonna cut you a huge solid....

It's quite clear that you picture yourself some kind of Arbiter of Reason, or American Centrist. Allow me to disabuse you of that conceit.

You are an imbecile.....

The Unemployed is an actual head count.
Let me first point out that you are bitching about the words of my source - an economist - describing in a mass media forum the result of a specific poll (to which he links).

The "substance" of your complaint is that "Unemployment" is a nominal concept, while "Unemployment Rate" is relative. This kind of thing might earn you a pat on your flat head in grade school, but in the REAL WORLD, EVERYONE knows that BLS doesn't track "Nominal Unemployed" in a discreet fashion. (I could go into great detail about why they are likely to refrain from doing so, but you aren't equipped to understand.)

When denizens of the REAL WORLD talk about "Unemployment" in any MEASURABLE fashion, they are, in fact, referring to the Unemployment Rate....

But that this was the limit of the idiocy you managed to cram into one post.....

Even granting the false distinction you labor, how does this "misdirect"?

BLS DOES track Nominal EMployment......now, disregarding (for the nonce) new entrants into the labor force, what MUST happen to Nominal Unemployment if Nominal Employment rises?

Further, if you believe that the signal from U3 diverged from the signal of the non-existent Nominal Unemployment number, can you cite, oh.....let's pick private economists like IHS Global Insight, Macroeconomic Advisers, and Moody's Analytics......add the non-partisan CBO, on the subject of the effect of Stimulus on Employment (given that we know it is the Complement of Unemployment)?

I understand that it has been rough so far, but I'm not quite done yet...but first, as an aside

Do you understand what a fact is? How about a citation?

Now let me show you "factless".....

ignores the massive amounts of stimulus that went to crony's as payback for political favors.
I ignore it with good reason.....It's reich wing media bullshit....only an idiot would buy it....

wait.....this is awkward....

Maybe not..

I'm not even sure I believe there has been a reduction in the debt. The debt clock, as far as I know, hasn't once in the past 40 years, gone backward.
I'll skip all the stuff in this that screams "Irredeemable Moron" in favor of informing you that

a) You can get monthly treasury reports which allow you to find any month's contribution to the debt

b) had you clicked on the link provided, you would see that it offers a DAILY debt calculation

c) only to a credulous douche is this even newsworthy.

It is clear from the wording and misleading comparisons that these 'economists' have something of an agenda. To determine what that is, we'd have to look at what they stand to gain by promoting all of these false equivalencies.

They do themselves no favors when they try to hide the poor reasoning for justification in misleading and misdirecting people.

I can no longer trust you to provide an honest account of what you believe because you are willing to allow yourself to be duped so easily.

I happen to agree that Trump had no hand in this alleged 'reduction in debt', but that does not mean I'm going to fall for the BS of ideologically driven hacks who try to pass themselves off as economists.

You have no idea who these economists polled by the Booth School at the U of Chicago are.........CLICK ON THE FUCKING LINK.....they are all identified.

No one is distorting anything. You just have no idea what you are bleating about, and what's worse, you lack the industry to learn......you are not only a moron, but an intellectually indolent one.....your idiocy may be entirely self inflicted.

He or she is a rabid Hopey Changey-Bot who had no problem with Obama running up a devastating $20 Trillion Debt. Just an average disingenuous hypocrite. Nothing more, nothing less.

Bush ran it up a whole lot too. But Obama went insane with the spending. So y'all Hopey Changey-Bots don't have much credibility on this issue. It is what it is.

Bush ran it up a whole lot too. But Obama went insane with the spending. So y'all Hopey Changey-Bots don't have much credibility on this issue. It is what it is.
Were you lying before?

More great news for America. Not so great news for Democrat Trump-Haters.

On January 20th, the day of the Trump Inauguration, the US Debt stood at $19,947 billion. On March 8th, more than a month later, the US Debt load stood at $19,879 billion. Trump has cut the US Debt burden by $68 billion and 0.3% in since his inauguration!

By comparison, under President Obama, the US Debt burden increased by more than $320 billion after his inauguration through March 8th 2009. Obama increased the US Debt by 3.1% during this time period and signed the trillion dollar ‘Stimulus’ bill which is widely considered a colossal failure and waste of US tax dollars as well. The failed ‘Stimulus’ did not kick in till later in Obama’s first year leading to Obama’s first year deficit of $1.4 trillion. Overall Obama doubled the US Debt during his Presidency and set records for highest deficits and the largest debt increase by any President ever...

More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2017®
Spam bot.

Ignore list.

Another junk news cockroach bites the dust.

Some people don't seem to understand that I and many others do not come here to read spam posted by morons.

Some people don't seem to understand that I and many others do not come here to read spam posted by morons.

Define 'Spam.' And think about leaving and never coming back. Problem solved. You're welcome.

Forum List

Back