Trump offers Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn the job of national security adviser.

excalibur

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2015
Trump offers Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn the job of national security adviser.

8:00 p.m.

President-elect Donald Trump's pick to be his national security adviser built a reputation in the Army as an astute intelligence professional and a straight talker.

What set retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn apart after he shed his uniform in 2014 was the blistering public criticism he quickly leveled at the White House and Pentagon.

He took issue with a wide range of national security policies, including the administration's approach to fighting the Islamic State and, more generally, its handling of global affairs.

In recent public comments, including his fiery address at the Republican National Convention, Flynn has emphasized his view that the threat posed by the Islamic State group requires a more aggressive U.S. military, as well as his belief that Washington should work more closely with Moscow.

___

7:20 p.m.

Donald Trump has offered retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn the job of national security adviser.

That's according to a senior Trump official.

The official wouldn't say whether Flynn has officially accepted the job. Flynn has been a close adviser to Trump throughout the presidential campaign and has worked with him on national security issues during the transition.

The national security adviser does not require Senate confirmation. The job is based in the White House and its occupant has frequent access to the president.

The official was not authorized to discuss the offer publicly so insisted on anonymity.

— By Julie Pace

___

7:10 p.m.

Japan's Prime Minister Shinzo Abe says he is convinced that U.S. President-elect Donald Trump is a leader in whom he can have great confidence.

Abe described his meeting with Trump on Thursday afternoon as "really cordial" and said he was convinced that he was able to establish a relationship of trust.

Abe said during the meeting that he conveyed his views on basic issues, but declined to provide further details.

"I do believe that without confidence between the two nations (the) alliance would never function in the future and as the outcome of today's discussion I am convinced Mr. Trump is a leader in whom I can have great confidence," Abe said following the meeting.

___

The Latest: Flynn was sharp critic of Obama administration

Well now, the next four years are truly going to be interesting. In the Chinese meaning of the phrase.

Bet Trump can, in three years, do for the economy what took 'W' eight years. And on foreign relations, by the time Trump is done, I suspect that there will less respect for the US than when 'W' left office. Our enemies will be more so, and our present friends will consider us untrustworthy.

And for you middle income folks, when your jobs go away, and you lose your homes, and are out on the street, if you voted for Trump, well, LOL..

Well now, the next four years are truly going to be interesting. In the Chinese meaning of the phrase.

Bet Trump can, in three years, do for the economy what took 'W' eight years. And on foreign relations, by the time Trump is done, I suspect that there will less respect for the US than when 'W' left office. Our enemies will be more so, and our present friends will consider us untrustworthy.

And for you middle income folks, when your jobs go away, and you lose your homes, and are out on the street, if you voted for Trump, well, LOL..

I don't know what you think W did for the economy. But he did a lot for the plutocracy.

Flynn is a pretty dull bulb. It amazes me how he's gotten this far. This is not to dismiss his valid criticisms of Obama though.
Do you have any idea how hard it is to become a General? Generals are the best guys out of about a half million candidates. You are woefully ignorant.

Flynn is a pretty dull bulb. It amazes me how he's gotten this far. This is not to dismiss his valid criticisms of Obama though.
Do you have any idea how hard it is to become a General? Generals are the best guys out of about a half million candidates. You are woefully ignorant.

I have a good idea given that I've personally known generals and colonels in the army. And I think that you forget that there are dimwits in all sorts of high positions; so, spare me your indignant sh**.

I have a good idea given that I've personally known generals and colonels in the army. And I think that you forget that there are dimwits in all sorts of high positions; so, spare me your indignant sh**.
If they heard you say that dumb shit, they would laugh you out of the room.

You don't rise to the rank of a 3 Star General by being a "dim bulb".

Have you seen Flynn speak? Have you seen how unprepared he was to stump for Trump? This guy is about 20 IQ points above a retard. Take the truth for what it is and maybe see why the world is a really shitty place.

I have a relative who hit a very high rank. I've been to some events, dude. Do you think Petraeus was all that smart when he basically booted himself out of the military? That was the highest ranking general at the time. It's like you have a hard time accepting what is right before your fucking eyes. In fact, look at Obama. He hit the most powerful position in the world; do you think his intelligence was anywhere near equivalent to the position? Geez dude; pull your head out of your ass. Stop being in awe of power. You're like a twelve year old girl.

I have a relative who hit a very high rank. I've been to some events, dude. Do you think Petraeus was all that smart when he basically booted himself out of the military? That was the highest ranking general at the time. It's like you have a hard time accepting what is right before your fucking eyes. In fact, look at Obama. He hit the most powerful position in the world; do you think his intelligence was anywhere near equivalent to the position? Geez dude; pull your head out of your ass. Stop being in awe of power. You're like a twelve year old girl.
Christ youre dumb. Never in the history of the world has there been a dumb general. There have been generals that made stupid mistakes, but no generals are dumb. They all have above average IQs and they only got the job after YEARS of excelling above all others.

Christ youre dumb. Never in the history of the world has there been a dumb general. There have been generals that made stupid mistakes, but no generals are dumb. They all have above average IQs and they only got the job after YEARS of excelling above all others.

You have no fucking clue how the world works. Go back to sweeping the floors at your job. Maybe if you excel, you'll be promoted to head cleaner in 20 years.

You have no fucking clue how the world works. Go back to sweeping the floors at your job.
Well, as a military man, i think i have a pretty good idea of how it works.

Have you seen Flynn speak? Have you seen how unprepared he was to stump for Trump? This guy is about 20 IQ points above a retard. Take the truth for what it is and maybe see why the world is a really shitty place.
Lt. Gen. is usually a rank for Corp. commander' s .that's between 20,000 to 40,000 troops they are in charge of. I'm from the south and have an accent but no one has ever accused me of being dull witted.

You have no fucking clue how the world works. Go back to sweeping the floors at your job.

Yea? What rank have you excelled to? What is your apparent bar?

If i answer that question, does it lead to you admitting you are a fucking retard? If not, i think ill pass.

If i answer that question, does it lead to you admitting you are a fucking retard? If not, i think ill pass.

You should pass on giving a lot of bad responses, honestly.

Lt. Gen. is usually a rank for Corp. commander' s .that's between 20,000 to 40,000 troops they are in charge of. I'm from the south and have an accent but no one has ever accused me of being dull witted.

I don't need to throw any personal insults at you. I can just tell you that Flynn is not especially intelligent at least in a cumulative sense. Maybe he's a decent military strategist. More likely, he's a good lapdog. That's why Trump recruited him.

You just don't know when to stop. 20 points above retard?

You're a joke

You just don't know when to stop. 20 points above retard?

You're a joke

Wouldn't be surprised to find he has a mild case of asperger's. He's just not a critical thinker. But more likely, he's just dumb like Palin and Obama and Dubya.

New Topics

Forum List

Back