Trump negotiates release of American held prisoner in Egypt

Little-Acorn

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2006
San Diego, CA
Another Trump success the leftist fanatics can scream and cry over.

----------------------------------------------------

Freed Egyptian American prisoner returns home following Trump intervention

By Philip Rucker and Karen DeYoung
April 20 at 10:34 PM

An Egyptian American charity worker who was imprisoned in Cairo for three years and became the global face of Egypt’s brutal crackdown on civil society returned home to the United States late Thursday after the Trump administration quietly negotiated her release.

President Trump and his aides worked for several weeks with Egyptian President Abdel Fatah al-Sissi to secure the freedom of Aya Hijazi, 30, a U.S. citizen, as well as her husband, Mohamed Hassanein, who is Egyptian, and four other humanitarian workers. Trump dispatched a U.S. government aircraft to Cairo to bring Hijazi and her family to Washington.

Hijazi, who grew up in Falls Church, Va., and graduated from George Mason University, was working in Cairo with the Belady Foundation, which she and her husband established as a haven and rehabilitation center for street children in Cairo.

The couple and their co-workers had been incarcerated since May 1, 2014, on child abuse and trafficking charges that were widely dismissed by human rights workers and U.S. officials as false. Virtually no evidence was ever presented against them, and for nearly three years they were held as hearings were inexplicably postponed and trial dates canceled. Human rights groups alleged that they were abused in detention.

The Obama administration unsuccessfully pressed Sissi’s government for their release. It was not until Trump moved to reset U.S. relations with Egypt by embracing Sissi at the White House on April 3 — he publicly hailed the autocrat’s leadership as “fantastic” and offered the U.S. government’s “strong backing” — that Egypt’s posture changed. Last Sunday, a court in Cairo dropped all charges against Hijazi and the others.

Well, when you, who are supposed to be an ALLY, help install a terrorist organization into power in Egypt, requiring a military coup to 'liberate' your govt that govt isn't that willing to do anything to help you. Egypt is one of 4 nations whose business / elections / govt Obama stuck his nose into in an attempt to change their govts.

Once again President Trump 'schools' Obama, teaches him how you don't have to try to secretly pay ransoms in the middle of the night to bring Americans home.

I was impressed by Egypt's military for standing up to the Muslim Brotherhood and I think Trump see's a future partner in the Middle East with Egypt. Obama tried to turn the nation of Egypt and the rest of the middle east into a constant state of revolution. I think he believed he was doing Gods work by working to over throw the leaders of middle eastern nations like Egypt, Syria, Libya, etc
He was very wrong and has the blood of thousands on his hands. When an evil maniac like Putin can ask the question "how can Obama and Hillary Clinton sleep at night" you know something is very wrong.
Take a trip around the world and you would be amazed of how much hatred the world has for Obama. He is not respected at all. Our media and press should be turned upside down and rebuilt from the ground up for not reporting this bit of truth. Wake up liberals!

I thought trump was going to deport all the muslims?
No just Purple Owls
12ea92eea6f81c177f4fcd9df7d59de3.jpg

Another Trump success the leftist fanatics can scream and cry over.

----------------------------------------------------

By Philip Rucker and Karen DeYoung
April 20 at 10:34 PM

An Egyptian American charity worker who was imprisoned in Cairo for three years and became the global face of Egypt’s brutal crackdown on civil society returned home to the United States late Thursday after the Trump administration quietly negotiated her release.

President Trump and his aides worked for several weeks with Egyptian President Abdel Fatah al-Sissi to secure the freedom of Aya Hijazi, 30, a U.S. citizen, as well as her husband, Mohamed Hassanein, who is Egyptian, and four other humanitarian workers. Trump dispatched a U.S. government aircraft to Cairo to bring Hijazi and her family to Washington.

Hijazi, who grew up in Falls Church, Va., and graduated from George Mason University, was working in Cairo with the Belady Foundation, which she and her husband established as a haven and rehabilitation center for street children in Cairo.

The couple and their co-workers had been incarcerated since May 1, 2014, on child abuse and trafficking charges that were widely dismissed by human rights workers and U.S. officials as false. Virtually no evidence was ever presented against them, and for nearly three years they were held as hearings were inexplicably postponed and trial dates canceled. Human rights groups alleged that they were abused in detention.

The Obama administration unsuccessfully pressed Sissi’s government for their release. It was not until Trump moved to reset U.S. relations with Egypt by embracing Sissi at the White House on April 3 — he publicly hailed the autocrat’s leadership as “fantastic” and offered the U.S. government’s “strong backing” — that Egypt’s posture changed. Last Sunday, a court in Cairo dropped all charges against Hijazi and the others.
Ok, let me just put this out there.... isn't Egypt a fucking ally?

Yeah, it's 3 am and I'm fucking toasted but really?

I would LOVE to visit the only wonder of the world remaining on this earth. Sadly I have to reconsider my dream because some stupid towlehead thinks a pedophile is God.

Unfuckingbelieveable in the year 2017

My folks went through there a couple years ago with National Geographic Tours. They said there was no issue at all because the NG folks are much liked for the income they bring. Don't give up the dream, just be cautious going about it :)

Forum List

Back