Trump Lies about Dead Decorated Veteran in Angry Rant

Since some people got their panties all twisted up because I dared compare Trump to Biden in a thread attacking Biden for a lie he told 30 years ago- here is a thread that we can devote to talking about Trump's lies.

This one is a great example of how Trump is at the same time petty, vindictive, dishonest- and likes to take credit for things that others have done.

Trump literally lied and took credit for what John McCain did. And then lied and claimed that John McCain couldn't get the legislation passed.

Yeah- Joe Biden lied 30 years ago about his college achievements- Trump lied while in office about something that actually matters.

Trump’s untruths about Veterans Choice illustrate the sheer audaciousness of his lies

“The vets — the VA was in horrible shape. Now, they have choice. And nobody could get choice,” he told ABC News recently. “John McCain couldn’t get it. Nobody could get it. They tried for years. They couldn’t get it. I got choice for the vets.”

In fact, the provision of the law that Trump touts most often — the ability of veterans to get private medical care if VA waitlists were too long — was something that McCain specifically pushed for and eventually won in his negotiations with then-Veterans’ Affairs Committee chairman, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.).

On the Senate floor on June 5, 2014, Sanders praised McCain for sticking by his principles and pushing the private doctor “choice” element even though Sanders disagreed with it. McCain responded: “We were able to come together I believe in a way that will help relieve this terrible tragedy that seems to have befallen our nation’s veterans.”

Following the compromise struck by McCain and Sanders, the legislation passed both chambers and on Aug. 7, 2014, was signed into law by then-President Barack Obama — notwithstanding Trump’s repeated false claims that the “VA choice” law was something that he himself achieved.

“They have trying to get it passed for 44 years. We got it passed,” he told a rally audience in Panama City, Florida, last month.

“We passed VA choice,” he repeated to an Orlando audience on Tuesday. “You go out now, you get a doctor, you fix yourself up, the doctor sends us the bill, we pay for it and you know what? It doesn’t matter because the life and the veteran is more important.”

All we can do as citizens is to judge honesty or dishonesty in the now...not years ago when truth was not as crucial as it is when you are President or Vice President in Biden's case...and Trump is honest to a fault today and since he won the presidency....so what happened years ago are wasted loads of nothing....

Trump is honest to a fault today and since he won the presidency....so what happened years ago are wasted loads of nothing

Did you write that with a straight face? Trump is the least honest president in at least the last 50 years.

You literally ignored the lie I posted in this thread- which was a lie he made while President.

So will you judge Trump on this specific lie he made while President?

Since some people got their panties all twisted up because I dared compare Trump to Biden in a thread attacking Biden for a lie he told 30 years ago- here is a thread that we can devote to talking about Trump's lies.

This one is a great example of how Trump is at the same time petty, vindictive, dishonest- and likes to take credit for things that others have done.

Trump literally lied and took credit for what John McCain did. And then lied and claimed that John McCain couldn't get the legislation passed.

Yeah- Joe Biden lied 30 years ago about his college achievements- Trump lied while in office about something that actually matters.

Trump’s untruths about Veterans Choice illustrate the sheer audaciousness of his lies

“The vets — the VA was in horrible shape. Now, they have choice. And nobody could get choice,” he told ABC News recently. “John McCain couldn’t get it. Nobody could get it. They tried for years. They couldn’t get it. I got choice for the vets.”

In fact, the provision of the law that Trump touts most often — the ability of veterans to get private medical care if VA waitlists were too long — was something that McCain specifically pushed for and eventually won in his negotiations with then-Veterans’ Affairs Committee chairman, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.).

On the Senate floor on June 5, 2014, Sanders praised McCain for sticking by his principles and pushing the private doctor “choice” element even though Sanders disagreed with it. McCain responded: “We were able to come together I believe in a way that will help relieve this terrible tragedy that seems to have befallen our nation’s veterans.”

Following the compromise struck by McCain and Sanders, the legislation passed both chambers and on Aug. 7, 2014, was signed into law by then-President Barack Obama — notwithstanding Trump’s repeated false claims that the “VA choice” law was something that he himself achieved.

“They have trying to get it passed for 44 years. We got it passed,” he told a rally audience in Panama City, Florida, last month.

“We passed VA choice,” he repeated to an Orlando audience on Tuesday. “You go out now, you get a doctor, you fix yourself up, the doctor sends us the bill, we pay for it and you know what? It doesn’t matter because the life and the veteran is more important.”
Stupid TDS homo, President Trump is talking about the bill passed in 2018, not the 2014 one.

You may want to use sources other than “Vox”.

President Trump signs VA law giving vets private healthcare choices

I am a proud homosapien- thanks.

Let me point out once again the specific lies that Donald Trump made:
And nobody could get choice,” he told ABC News recently. “John McCain couldn’t get it. Nobody could get it. They tried for years. They couldn’t get it. I got choice for the vets.”

And that is a flat out lie. As I pointed out John McCain passed the law- Veterans Choice- mentioned in the very article you cited.

From the article you cited:

Two veterans from Texas who traveled to Washington to be at the signing said the Choice program has been extremely helpful for them. Laura Vela, who served in the U.S. Army, and Air Force veteran Antonio Garcia said they previously had to drive nearly four hours each way to reach the nearest VA hospital in San Antonio.

"To me, it’s the perfect program," said Garcia, who had his knee replaced last year by a health care provider about a half mile from his home in Brownsville.

The very article you cited shows that Veterans Choice was already giving Veterans the opportunity to choose their own providers- which just shows that Trump's claim:

Now, they have choice. And nobody could get choice,” he told ABC News recently. “John McCain couldn’t get it. Nobody could get it. They tried for years. They couldn’t get it. I got choice for the vets.”

That is- and was a blatant lie.

If you just don't care that Trump lied, took credit for what John McCain actually did, and then smeared McCain at the same time- then you don't care. But it was a pure lie. And it was pure Trump.

Let me straighten you out here. Trump replaced VA Choice.
Trump Signs $55 Billion Bill to Replace VA Choice Program

yeah, he got the name wrong, but he was right about getting something great passed for Veterans and their care givers.

VA MISSION Act: What is the latest on community care ...
VA MISSION Act: What is the latest on community care? - VAntage Point
Note: This article is the second in a series on VA's progress implementing the VA MISSION Act of 2018. Last June, President Trump signed landmark legislation, known as the VA Mission Act of 2018, that makes dramatic improvements to how Veterans receive community care—health care provided outside of VA.VA's goal is to give Veterans greater choice over their health care, allowing VA to .
Senate Passes $55 Billion Veterans Affairs Reform Bill
News Releases - Office of Public and Intergovernmental Affairs
VA MISSION Act
Thank you Dep- 19 posts in and you are the first person to respond to the substance of the thread- and not just make ad hominem attacks.

And you provided citations and everything. So I applaud you for all of that.

But you still can't get away from the fact that Trump literally lied and claimed credit for a bill that John McCain passed- and then in his petty way- dissed McCain by lying and saying that John McCain could never pass the bill.

He didn't just get the name wrong- he lied about the VA
and nobody could get choice,” he told ABC News recently. “John McCain couldn’t get it. Nobody could get it. They tried for years. They couldn’t get it. I got choice for the vets.”

A
nd that is a blatant lie- and so very typical of Trump lying to take credit for what others actually have done.

John McCain got Veterans choice passed- and because of John McCain veterans were able to use private doctors.

Trump signed an expansion of VA Choice- the VA Mission Act- or as Congress named it:
The full title of the bill, which passed the Senate on a 92-5 vote Wednesday, is the "John S. McCain III, Daniel K. Akaka, and Samuel R. Johnson VA Maintaining Internal Systems and Strengthening Integrated Outside Networks Act of 2018."
VA health care bill named after John McCain - CNNPolitics

Yes- Trump literally signed a bill named after John McCain- and slandered John McCain while taking credit for giving Veterans the choice to seek outside medical care.

Literally the only thing Trump had to do with this bill was telling the Senate he would sign it- and signing it.
No, it was a different bill he called the Choice bill, it was the VA Mission Act ye was talking about. When he called it the Choice bill, he had just signed the VA Mission Act of 2018. The former bill he extended was the Choice bill, which was McCain’s Bill. This was the new bill he was actually speaking of. Yeah, a big screw up by him, getting the name of it wrong.)

Sorry- you keep ignoring Trump's actual words.

and nobody could get choice,” he told ABC News recently. “John McCain couldn’t get it. Nobody could get it. They tried for years. They couldn’t get it. I got choice for the vets.”

John McCain passed the VA Choice Bill- which gave Veterans a choice to use their own medical provider- which was the Veterans Choice Bill in 2014.

The VA Mission Act extended VA Choice and added additional elements- this is the new bill- which did not 'give Veterans choice'.

This is a claim that Trump has repeated over and over- and it is a blatant lie.

TRUMP: “We passed VA Choice and VA Accountability to give our veterans the care that they deserve and they have been trying to pass these things for 45 years.” — Montoursville, Pennsylvania, rally on May 20.

ENNZ7C9WoAEA2mO

Stupid TDS homo, President Trump is talking about the bill passed in 2018, not the 2014 one.

And nobody could get choice,” he told ABC News recently. “John McCain couldn’t get it. Nobody could get it. They tried for years. They couldn’t get it. I got choice for the vets.”

And that is a flat out lie. As I pointed out John McCain passed the law- Veterans Choice- mentioned in the very article you cited.

Two veterans from Texas who traveled to Washington to be at the signing said the Choice program has been extremely helpful for them. Laura Vela, who served in the U.S. Army, and Air Force veteran Antonio Garcia said they previously had to drive nearly four hours each way to reach the nearest VA hospital in San Antonio.

"To me, it’s the perfect program," said Garcia, who had his knee replaced last year by a health care provider about a half mile from his home in Brownsville.

The very article you cited shows that Veterans Choice was already giving Veterans the opportunity to choose their own providers- which just shows that Trump's claim:

Now, they have choice. And nobody could get choice,” he told ABC News recently. “John McCain couldn’t get it. Nobody could get it. They tried for years. They couldn’t get it. I got choice for the vets.”

If you just don't care that Trump lied, took credit for what John McCain actually did, and then smeared McCain at the same time- then you don't care. But it was a pure lie. And it was pure Trump.

Wrong, Mc-shit-Stain’s Bill was trash. Vets had to prove their hardship to use the program, and they still had to go through the VA to approve their choice of doctor and to get the VA to arrange the third party doctor appointment, and it didn’t cover their families and much of the program was unfunded. Total trash.

President Trump’s bill gave them real freedom for Vets and their families. So no, President Trump didn’t lie about it, YOU are.

You got called out for your lies, the proof is the difference in the two bills.

Did you write that with a straight face? Trump is the least honest president in at least the last 50 years.

You literally ignored the lie I posted in this thread- which was a lie he made while President.

When Trump comes close to the dishonesty and lying about real things like Healthcare...my healthcare...I'll let you know...Okay Beavis?....

yeah, he got the name wrong, but he was right about getting something great passed for Veterans and their care givers.

Note: This article is the second in a series on VA's progress implementing the VA MISSION Act of 2018. Last June, President Trump signed landmark legislation, known as the VA Mission Act of 2018, that makes dramatic improvements to how Veterans receive community care—health care provided outside of VA.VA's goal is to give Veterans greater choice over their health care, allowing VA to .
VA MISSION Act
Thank you Dep- 19 posts in and you are the first person to respond to the substance of the thread- and not just make ad hominem attacks.

But you still can't get away from the fact that Trump literally lied and claimed credit for a bill that John McCain passed- and then in his petty way- dissed McCain by lying and saying that John McCain could never pass the bill.

A
nd that is a blatant lie- and so very typical of Trump lying to take credit for what others actually have done.

John McCain got Veterans choice passed- and because of John McCain veterans were able to use private doctors.

Trump signed an expansion of VA Choice- the VA Mission Act- or as Congress named it:
The full title of the bill, which passed the Senate on a 92-5 vote Wednesday, is the "John S. McCain III, Daniel K. Akaka, and Samuel R. Johnson VA Maintaining Internal Systems and Strengthening Integrated Outside Networks Act of 2018."

Yes- Trump literally signed a bill named after John McCain- and slandered John McCain while taking credit for giving Veterans the choice to seek outside medical care.

Literally the only thing Trump had to do with this bill was telling the Senate he would sign it- and signing it.
No, it was a different bill he called the Choice bill, it was the VA Mission Act ye was talking about. When he called it the Choice bill, he had just signed the VA Mission Act of 2018. The former bill he extended was the Choice bill, which was McCain’s Bill. This was the new bill he was actually speaking of. Yeah, a big screw up by him, getting the name of it wrong.)

John McCain passed the VA Choice Bill- which gave Veterans a choice to use their own medical provider- which was the Veterans Choice Bill in 2014.

The VA Mission Act extended VA Choice and added additional elements- this is the new bill- which did not 'give Veterans choice'.

TRUMP: “We passed VA Choice and VA Accountability to give our veterans the care that they deserve and they have been trying to pass these things for 45 years.” — Montoursville, Pennsylvania, rally on May 20.

ENNZ7C9WoAEA2mO
No. I told you he called it the wrong name. Twice now. He was talking about the VA Mission Act. He called it Choice right after he signed the VA Mission Act. I can post video with the dates, if you want me to, showing him calling it Choice upon his signing the VA Mission Act. Here it is-

Trump Signs S 2372, Touts Veterans' Choice, Remembers D Day
•Jun 6, 2018

Michael McIntee
90.9K subscribers

SUBSCRIBE
Remarks at signing ceremony for S 2372 , VA Mission Act of 2018.

204BCF7C-17EE-49B4-827C-0E5D434BC094.png
45EBB2DC-A5DD-4D70-B747-30646E378A06.png

VA MISSION Act

A

ENNZ7C9WoAEA2mO
No. I told you he called it the wrong name. Twice now. He was talking about the VA Mission Act. He called it Choice right after he signed the VA Mission Act. I can post video with the dates, if you want me to, showing him calling it Choice upon his signing the VA Mission Act. Here it is-

Trump Signs S 2372, Touts Veterans' Choice, Remembers D Day
•Jun 6, 2018

Michael McIntee
90.9K subscribers

SUBSCRIBE
Remarks at signing ceremony for S 2372 , VA Mission Act of 2018.

View attachment 313272
View attachment 313273

I don't know how much more I can say- look at Trump's actual words- he didn't just repeatedly use the wrong name- Trump lied and claimed credit for veterans being able to choose their private medical providers. And took credit for what John McCain actually did.

When Trump comes close to the dishonesty and lying about real things like Healthcare...my healthcare...I'll let you know...Okay Beavis?....

Trump literally lied about healthcare- for Veterans.

Just like he has lied to you about working to protect the healthcare of people with pre-existing conditions.

Thank you for reminding me of this- because it is another Trump whopper

Trump’s Claim He ‘Saved’ Preexisting Conditions ‘Part Fantasy, Part Delusion’

“I was the person who saved Pre-Existing Conditions in your healthcare,” Trump tweeted Monday.

Under the Affordable Care Act, or ACA, health insurance plans cannot charge people higher prices because they have a medical condition. This protection has been intact since the law took effect, under then-President Barack Obama.

As a 2016 candidate, Trump promised to repeal and replace the health law. That came to a head in 2017, when the law came within one vote in the Senate of being undone.

“That tweet is part fantasy, part delusion, part politics and all lie,” said Jonathan Oberlander, a health policy professor at the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill. “The president is lying about preexisting conditions. He supported, and continues to support, efforts to repeal the ACA that would take those consumer protections away.”

Meanwhile- Republicans have gone to court to end the ACA- which is where protection for people with pre-existing conditions came from.

To the Contrary, Trump Has Tried to Weaken Protections for Pre-existing Conditions
Has he supported a lawsuit to erase pre-existing health protections?
Yes. The Justice Department filed its latest brief in the lawsuit just last week. If the Trump administration wins the case, all of Obamacare would be declared unconstitutional and eliminated.

So to recap:
Trump lied about 'saving' the pre-existing conditions provision in the ACA- and instead has tried both legislatively to end the ACA- and is currently supporting a lawsuit to reverse the ACA.

I really look forward to the rationalizations from the Trumpsters about how this lie is:
a) Not really a lie and
b) It doesn't matter that he lies about healthcare- unless he lies about 'my healthcare'

Wrong, Mc-shit-Stain’s Bill was trash. Vets had to prove their hardship to use the program, and they still had to go through the VA to approve their choice of doctor and to get the VA to arrange the third party doctor appointment, and it didn’t cover their families and much of the program was unfunded. Total trash.

President Trump’s bill gave them real freedom for Vets and their families. So no, President Trump didn’t lie about it, YOU are.

Wow

I just don't know how to respond to your entire handwave of Trump literally lying. Other than its just so typical?

From the article you cited- your article- that you cited- which quotes veterans talking about how Veterans Choice worked for them:

Trump was right- he could shoot someone on the street in New York- and his supporters would still vote for him- hell you would be blaming the target for shooting the gun.

Wow

I just don't know how to respond to your entire handwave of Trump literally lying. Other than its just so typical?

From the article you cited- your article- that you cited- which quotes veterans talking about how Veterans Choice worked for them:

Trump was right- he could shoot someone on the street in New York- and his supporters would still vote for him- hell you would be blaming the target for shooting the gun.

Oh wow, a couple of people liked the old plan! Yet you can not refute the facts of that plan I pointed out, like the fact that it made the Vets have to prove they had a hardship. What if they couldn’t prove it? Oh boy, then they get NO CHOICE.

Wow

Oh wow, a couple of people liked the old plan! Yet you can not refute the facts of that plan I pointed out, like the fact that it made the Vets have to prove they had a hardship. What if they couldn’t prove it? Oh boy, then they get NO CHOICE.

Yes- actual veterans liked the plan. Actual Veterans used the Choice program and used their private medical providers.

So Veterans Choice was rolled into the new program- Veteran Community Care program
Veterans Choice Program (VCP) - Community Care

The new program still has criteria that veterans must meet in order to be eligible for choice. The VA still must obtain prior approval in most cases to use the service. And eligibility will continue to be dependent on the veterans individual healthcare needs.

And if they don't meet the criteria- or get prior approval from the VA? Oh boy, then they get NO CHOICE!.

If Trump had merely boasted about signing a bill that expanded Veterans Choice- that would have been honest- but he not only took credit- he also slandered John McCain for not having passed Veterans choice.

But hey I get it- there is no lie Trump can make that you can't hand wave away.

from the article:
_
The president put his hand on the sergeant’s shoulder and kissed the sergeant’s wife, Tammy, on the cheek. Then he pinned the Purple Heart to the sergeant’s lapel and clapped him on the back.

“When I heard about this, I wanted to do it myself. ... Congratulations, tremendous,” Trump told Barrientos.
_
/thread

Forum List

Back