Trump lashes out at McConnell in deepening feud between top Republicans

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
If this continues...will the Repubs regain the House and Senate? Trump doesn't
sound like he's gunna split the party...he seems willing to fight for the hearts and minds...

Happy days for Dems, eh?

Donald Trump lashed out at Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell on Tuesday, signaling a growing feud between the two most senior Republican voices after the party lost the White House and control of the Senate.
"Mitch is a dour, sullen, and unsmiling political hack, and if Republican Senators are going to stay with him, they will not win again," Trump said in a statement just three days after McConnell excoriated him following the former president's second impeachment trial, on a charge of inciting the deadly attack on the U.S. Capitol.
Trump and McConnell parted ways in the weeks after the Nov. 3 presidential election, with Trump irked that McConnell had recognized Democrat Joe Biden as the winner in mid-December. They have not spoken since, a former White House official said.

The loss of both the White House to Biden and control of the Senate - which Democrats picked up in a pair of upset Georgia election runoff victories last month - leaves Republicans on edge as they plot how to win back congressional control in 2022.

You gotta read the whole broadside against McConnell.
Don Trump drops a MOAB right on Mitch's head.

It'll be great fun if Mitch armors up and fires back.
And Trump fires back again.
And then Mitch again.
And then....
And then....

I love this bar.

sound like he's gunna split the party...he seems willing to fight for the hearts and minds...

Happy days for Dems, eh?

Donald Trump lashed out at Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell on Tuesday, signaling a growing feud between the two most senior Republican voices after the party lost the White House and control of the Senate.
"Mitch is a dour, sullen, and unsmiling political hack, and if Republican Senators are going to stay with him, they will not win again," Trump said in a statement just three days after McConnell excoriated him following the former president's second impeachment trial, on a charge of inciting the deadly attack on the U.S. Capitol.
Trump and McConnell parted ways in the weeks after the Nov. 3 presidential election, with Trump irked that McConnell had recognized Democrat Joe Biden as the winner in mid-December. They have not spoken since, a former White House official said.

The loss of both the White House to Biden and control of the Senate - which Democrats picked up in a pair of upset Georgia election runoff victories last month - leaves Republicans on edge as they plot how to win back congressional control in 2022.
If I were Mitch, I would ignore him. Nothing pisses Trump off more.

"Mitch is a dour, sullen, and unsmiling political hack, and if Republican Senators are going to stay with him, they will not win again,"

No way on earth Trump wrote that. I'm guessing Ivanka.

Happy days for Dems, eh?

Trump's juvenile behavior seems to be one of the sources of his popularity with his base. Mature persons aren't amused...or interested in his childish behavior. But his sycophantic followers seem to be mesmerized by his pronouncements...somewhat like the rats in the Pied Piper story.

Happy days for Dems, eh?

Trump's juvenile behavior seems to be one of the sources of his popularity with his base. Mature persons aren't amused...or interested in his childish behavior. But his sycophantic followers seem to be mesmerized by his pronouncements...somewhat like the rats in the Pied Piper story.

I've never understood this. People really want their president to act like a 9 year old?

Happy days for Dems, eh?

I'll take a juvenile demeanor and policies beneficial for good, real core Americans all day, everyday over an almost dead (literally) dudes demeanor and polices that fuck America and benefit Mexico's filth....won't you?

Nothing wrong with Trump's ego there....

Well, despite this in Don Trump's complaint against McConnel:
  • "In 2020, I received the most votes of any ......
  • "over the last two election cycles, I single-handedly......"
  • "Without my endorsement,..... would have lost, and lost badly"
Well, yes, I can see how the poster above could reach his view on Don Trump's self regard, ......but to Don Trump's credit he DID say the word "we" sometimes in his MOAB on Mitch. IMHO ;)

"YOU will fall at my feet!"

EuZDGchXcAMMyEP

Happy days for Dems, eh?

I'll take a juvenile demeanor and policies beneficial for good, real core Americans all day, everyday over an almost dead (literally) dudes demeanor and polices that fuck America and benefit Mexico's filth....won't you?

He could get nothing done because he acted like a nine year old.

"Mitch is a dour, sullen, and unsmiling political hack, and if Republican Senators are going to stay with him, they will not win again,"

Either way, it's true.
McConnell is an evil genius while Trump is an evil retard. In a match of wits Trump will lose.

Either way, it's true.
McConnell is an evil genius while Trump is an evil retard. In a match of wits Trump will lose.

To be fair Trump played Mitch bad with his call for an additional $2k stimulus. Mitch's refusal to do that cost him the Senate.

Forum List

Back