Trump Is Good at Saying What People Are Thinking

Lord but right wingers are DUMB.

Why? Because, we "right wingers" know that the earth will do just fine surviving herself - as it has way before humans were around? Before humans were around to "dictate" to others how they should live their own lives? What straws they can use?

That's just ludicrous! Lol

No because you see a lack of plastic straws as a some sort of crisis. Like there is nothing else that could possibly be used, or like we didn't have other kinds of straws before we had plastic.

It seems none of you fools have ever heard of google. Somebody called me a liar yesterday. I googled my comment and got 65,000 links confirming what I said in under one second.

And it's still better than it was under DumBama.

We have more things today than at any other time in history. Most of what we spend our money on is convenience, technology and entertainment, but we have the money to do it.

As a child of the 60's, I can testify that people did with very little. Many had a party line telephone, if they had a telephone at all. Telephones were not considered a necessity. If you don't know what a party line is, just ask.

Many didn't have air conditioning. They just used a fan and a spray bottle. If things got really bad, they'd fill the bathtub with medium cold water and lay there for a couple of hours. Either that or spend the day in the basement.

Most families were one car families. A lot of women didn't drive, and the ones who did had to wait for their husband to get home to drive. Most households only had one television set, and if you were doing very well, it was a color television set.

For entertainment, we went to the movies or drive-in about three or four times a year. Eating out? Very seldom. Fast food was a real treat as you only went to McDonald's about three or four times a year as well.

Fast forward to today, and look how we live.
Your anecdotal bullshit doesn’t somehow make you informed on the actual topic of economics. Here is a fact for you: the last time someone could live decently off of $10 per hour was the 1960’s. Now the usual response to this from your ilk is “well get a better paying job!” No shit that is a good solution, but it isn’t a practical idea for 10’s of millions of workers. Higher wage, middle class jobs are few and far between. That means that 10s of millions of people have NO CHOICE but to accept poverty wages. The point is, it doesn’t matter if every working American pulled them up by their bootstraps and was committed to hard work to get ahead in life. As hard as these 10s of millions of workers would try, they won’t get ahead because the opportunity for them simply doesn’t exist.

Sure it exists, but today, we have a terrible recreational narcotics problem. Since good paying jobs drug test employees, many are not taking those higher paying jobs.

I had a couple I was renting an apartment to. They were fine tenants, but they both worked fast food jobs. Why? Because their dope was more important than making more money. Same thing in construction. My father is a retired bricklayer. His union sends him updates in his profession from time to time. Several years ago, they asked their retirees to find younger people to take up the trade. They didn't have nearly enough people to fill the need.

Yes, they had a sufficient number of people to inquire about bricklaying, but few that could pass the drug test. Mind you, bricklaying is very tough work, but my father made a damn good living off of it. In fact he's still getting his pension check 26 years after he retired from the union.

In my line of work, we need over 30,000 drivers we can't find. Same thing. Besides being tough work, you need to pass drug screens to get and keep the job. In fact we have a rush of foreigners now doing the job because Americans won't do them.

So it's not that American's can't find good paying jobs, it's that they don't want to make sacrifices to get them.

Walmart to hire hundreds of truck drivers, raise salary to nearly $90,000
Agreed that a lack of skill set is preventing many jobs from getting filled, but this idea that one’s work ethic is all ANY person needs is non sense. Again, it doesn’t matter how hard one may try, there will inevitably be millions of impoverished workers because of the lack of opportunity of mobility. Those skilled jobs we agree aren’t getting filled aren’t enough either. They still pay low wages.

Wait a minute. I just explained how desperate our industry is to find labor, and even posted one of the many ads for drivers that pay far more than a livable wage; in fact a superior wage. There are many other industries just like mine.

How about this: when these industries are plentiful with employees, then complain. Until that time, it's a complete farce that nobody can get a decent job that pays well in this country without a college degree.

It's less the opportunity than it is making sacrifices for what you want. Get off the dope, learn a trade or go to a trade school, and then you can make a good or great living in this country. That's what it takes.
Okay two things:

1) Many unskilled workers don’t have the time or money to learn new skills. Learning new skills costs money and time. Anyone single with offspring will understand this. “Smoking dope” doesn’t have much to do with this at all.

2) I didn’t say “nobody” can get a better job. No shit some people can do better in life with more effort. To think I meant otherwise is retarded. It just isn’t a practical solution to MOST workers in this country. It doesn’t matter what industry you are in - higher wage positions are highly competitive (skilled or not). Come on, this point isn’t hard to figure out. Your fantasy that the ONLY cure to poverty is a can-do American spirit is very short-sighted.

Many unskilled workers don't have the time or money to learn new skills? Why not? In my line of work, companies are offering free training. They will get you licensed, and all they want in return is a year of work from you. After that, the world is yours. You can get a better paying job, live anywhere you want in the country, and have a career where you are always in demand no matter what the economic situation is.

The beverage store I frequent is owned by a guy from India. He came here with little in his pocket. He learned the language, worked for low wages until he saved enough to open his own store. He sacrificed everything to reach his dream.

After his investment became profitable, he bought rental property. He is a landlord of nine units. Last year, he and his wife saved enough money to buy a hotel in the country. He told me it's doing very well.

So if some person with no education and a high work ethic from a foreign country can reach his level of success, how is it many American's can't do the same? After all, they got a real head start on this guy simply by being born here.

Here's what you do: Next time you go to your local library, ask the librarian where they keep all the books written by successful excuse makers. I'm willing to bet he or she can't point you to one. Why? Because all excuse makers are failures. And as long as we keep making excuses for failures, the more failures we will create.

What do you mean by continues to struggle? The middle-class has never done better.
You’re basing that on absolutely nothing. Even if the median income has slightly rose, it is still way behind on the cost of living and inflation.

We have more things today than at any other time in history. Most of what we spend our money on is convenience, technology and entertainment, but we have the money to do it.

As a child of the 60's, I can testify that people did with very little. Many had a party line telephone, if they had a telephone at all. Telephones were not considered a necessity. If you don't know what a party line is, just ask.

Many didn't have air conditioning. They just used a fan and a spray bottle. If things got really bad, they'd fill the bathtub with medium cold water and lay there for a couple of hours. Either that or spend the day in the basement.

Most families were one car families. A lot of women didn't drive, and the ones who did had to wait for their husband to get home to drive. Most households only had one television set, and if you were doing very well, it was a color television set.

For entertainment, we went to the movies or drive-in about three or four times a year. Eating out? Very seldom. Fast food was a real treat as you only went to McDonald's about three or four times a year as well.

Your anecdotal bullshit doesn’t somehow make you informed on the actual topic of economics. Here is a fact for you: the last time someone could live decently off of $10 per hour was the 1960’s. Now the usual response to this from your ilk is “well get a better paying job!” No shit that is a good solution, but it isn’t a practical idea for 10’s of millions of workers. Higher wage, middle class jobs are few and far between. That means that 10s of millions of people have NO CHOICE but to accept poverty wages. The point is, it doesn’t matter if every working American pulled them up by their bootstraps and was committed to hard work to get ahead in life. As hard as these 10s of millions of workers would try, they won’t get ahead because the opportunity for them simply doesn’t exist.
A lot of people can live decently on $10/ hr.

They just don’t live in Leftardia and they grow up and get raises.

Billy claims that nobody could live off of ten bucks an hour since the 60's. I got my first apartment in 1980. I was making seven dollars an hour at the time. I didn't live high on the hog, but was easily able to support myself, put food on the table, and pay the utilities. I did work about ten hours a week in overtime, but a lot of people worked OT back then.

I got my first apartment in 1987. I worked in a factory, making less than $5 per hour, with about 15 hours OT each week. I also got insurance for about $5 a week. I had a car loan, and paid for all my own expenses. Man, talk about the good old days!

You’re basing that on absolutely nothing. Even if the median income has slightly rose, it is still way behind on the cost of living and inflation.

Sure it exists, but today, we have a terrible recreational narcotics problem. Since good paying jobs drug test employees, many are not taking those higher paying jobs.

I had a couple I was renting an apartment to. They were fine tenants, but they both worked fast food jobs. Why? Because their dope was more important than making more money. Same thing in construction. My father is a retired bricklayer. His union sends him updates in his profession from time to time. Several years ago, they asked their retirees to find younger people to take up the trade. They didn't have nearly enough people to fill the need.

Yes, they had a sufficient number of people to inquire about bricklaying, but few that could pass the drug test. Mind you, bricklaying is very tough work, but my father made a damn good living off of it. In fact he's still getting his pension check 26 years after he retired from the union.

In my line of work, we need over 30,000 drivers we can't find. Same thing. Besides being tough work, you need to pass drug screens to get and keep the job. In fact we have a rush of foreigners now doing the job because Americans won't do them.

So it's not that American's can't find good paying jobs, it's that they don't want to make sacrifices to get them.

Agreed that a lack of skill set is preventing many jobs from getting filled, but this idea that one’s work ethic is all ANY person needs is non sense. Again, it doesn’t matter how hard one may try, there will inevitably be millions of impoverished workers because of the lack of opportunity of mobility. Those skilled jobs we agree aren’t getting filled aren’t enough either. They still pay low wages.

Wait a minute. I just explained how desperate our industry is to find labor, and even posted one of the many ads for drivers that pay far more than a livable wage; in fact a superior wage. There are many other industries just like mine.

How about this: when these industries are plentiful with employees, then complain. Until that time, it's a complete farce that nobody can get a decent job that pays well in this country without a college degree.

It's less the opportunity than it is making sacrifices for what you want. Get off the dope, learn a trade or go to a trade school, and then you can make a good or great living in this country. That's what it takes.

Or borrow enough money to buy a bottle of detox or synthetic urine so you pass the drug screen...

I see lots of people buying those, they always ask if the detox really works.... and all I can say is that I've never had to find out, so I don't know if they *really* work or not. But they fly off the shelves.

Okay two things:

1) Many unskilled workers don’t have the time or money to learn new skills. Learning new skills costs money and time. Anyone single with offspring will understand this. “Smoking dope” doesn’t have much to do with this at all.

2) I didn’t say “nobody” can get a better job. No shit some people can do better in life with more effort. To think I meant otherwise is retarded. It just isn’t a practical solution to MOST workers in this country. It doesn’t matter what industry you are in - higher wage positions are highly competitive (skilled or not). Come on, this point isn’t hard to figure out. Your fantasy that the ONLY cure to poverty is a can-do American spirit is very short-sighted.

Many unskilled workers don't have the time or money to learn new skills? Why not? In my line of work, companies are offering free training. They will get you licensed, and all they want in return is a year of work from you. After that, the world is yours. You can get a better paying job, live anywhere you want in the country, and have a career where you are always in demand no matter what the economic situation is.

The beverage store I frequent is owned by a guy from India. He came here with little in his pocket. He learned the language, worked for low wages until he saved enough to open his own store. He sacrificed everything to reach his dream.

After his investment became profitable, he bought rental property. He is a landlord of nine units. Last year, he and his wife saved enough money to buy a hotel in the country. He told me it's doing very well.

So if some person with no education and a high work ethic from a foreign country can reach his level of success, how is it many American's can't do the same? After all, they got a real head start on this guy simply by being born here.

Here's what you do: Next time you go to your local library, ask the librarian where they keep all the books written by successful excuse makers. I'm willing to bet he or she can't point you to one. Why? Because all excuse makers are failures. And as long as we keep making excuses for failures, the more failures we will create.
Dude why do you think your anecdotes are pertinent to the economy at large? Maybe some in your industry are offering this perk, but it doesn’t somehow mean this is some wide economic policy. You do get that right? Your personal experience is not a reflection of what is actually available.

No because you see a lack of plastic straws as a some sort of crisis. Like there is nothing else that could possibly be used, or like we didn't have other kinds of straws before we had plastic.

It wouldn't just be seniors with disability that would be at a greater disadvantage. But young kids who have used straws for many years.
Banning plastic straws isn't going to "save the planet".
That would mean you would have to ban anything that is plastic that we use every single day. From plastic baby bottles for infants to plastic in your own cars.

That is the government want to dictate average American people what they can use and what they cannot use.
States like California, Washington and New York (just to name a few), controlling average Americans.
That is wrong. That is NOT how our country was built on the foundation by our own government.

That had to be the worse thing to ban - plastic straws.
What are the old folks in nursing homes going to slurp up; since they can't even lift their cup up to their mouths?

They may as well ban plastic baby bottles too.

I wish they would. Children should not be drinking anything through or out of plastic. None of us should. Old folks can use PAPER STRAWS, like the rest of us.

Unlike you Leftists, we know which bathroom to use, know people can’t change sex on a whim, and know practically no plastic straw ever makes it to the ocean from America.

I don't know if it happened to ALL of the 7-11 stores. But I used to buy my iced-cold soda in those Super 64 oz cups. Then they removed those and we had to settle for the 52 oz cups.

Nothing like having a 52 oz Super Surplee (mixed with Jack Daniels) during the Summer. :)
/----/ What a waste of Jack Daniels, a perfectly good sippin' whiskey. If you want a sweet highball, then use the cheap stuff.

People are doing with much LESS today than they did in the 1960's. Nobody had air conditioning, because until the 1990's, we didn't need it. Today, people die without it because it's so hot. ....

Holy crap, are you really trying to say that it wasn't hot in the summer in the 60s? Seriously? :lmao:

View attachment 270116

Duh. It’s all about doing meaningless stupid crap with the Left. Next thing you know the Left will start using metal straws and people will start to get killed.
Oh snap, too late.

Twitter
I just wish the guy could speak more eloquently. When he goes off-script, he sounds like he's not the brightest bulb on the block.

So what you're saying is you'd like to see another phony in the White House. Because after all, that's what everybody else was.

Something comes up like this Odd Squad, so any other President would consult with his PR people, look at the polls, have his writers form politically correct statements, making sure they don't offend anybody in the media either.

Not Trump. Trump reads or hears something, you're seeing his words on Twitter, not his writers. Trump has pissed on the politically correct train dozens of times. You get to hear what the man actually thinks, not what his people think.

I think it's very refreshing to be honest.

Okay two things:

Dude why do you think your anecdotes are pertinent to the economy at large? Maybe some in your industry are offering this perk, but it doesn’t somehow mean this is some wide economic policy. You do get that right? Your personal experience is not a reflection of what is actually available.

What?????? I just showed you IT IS AVAILABLE.

I spend my days in industrial areas. For the last several years, they have been littered with HELP WANTED signs. A few of them are our customers. I know what kind of money they are offering for non-skilled labor. It's not too bad in most cases.

And because of the labor shortage, they offer and even mandate overtime. We have some customers that work seven days a week. You can do more than make a living, you can make a great living, provided you get off the dope and don't restrict yourself to 40 hours a week.

Why do I think my anecdotes are pertinent to the economy? Because I work in industry all day long. I make pickups and deliveries from one side of this state to the other. It's the same no matter where I go.

Or borrow enough money to buy a bottle of detox or synthetic urine so you pass the drug screen...

I see lots of people buying those, they always ask if the detox really works.... and all I can say is that I've never had to find out, so I don't know if they *really* work or not. But they fly off the shelves.

One of our former employees kept that in his truck. He got picked for a drug screen, drank the stuff, and went to the clinic. They found it in his sample.

Because it's a federal mandate that truck drivers be randomly tested, his medical card was suspended until he took this stupid class. He came back to work, but the clinic had his number. So a few months went by, and they picked him again. Instead of going to the clinic, he went to my employer and told him there is no way he could pass the drug screen, and gave his resignation.

When you give your sample to the nurse, the first thing they do is take the temperature of the sample to make sure it's really yours. Before you go into the bathroom, you have to empty out all your pockets and get a pat down. There is really no way to fool it, at least the place we go.

A lot of people can live decently on $10/ hr.

They just don’t live in Leftardia and they grow up and get raises.

Billy claims that nobody could live off of ten bucks an hour since the 60's. I got my first apartment in 1980. I was making seven dollars an hour at the time. I didn't live high on the hog, but was easily able to support myself, put food on the table, and pay the utilities. I did work about ten hours a week in overtime, but a lot of people worked OT back then.

I got my first apartment in 1987. I worked in a factory, making less than $5 per hour, with about 15 hours OT each week. I also got insurance for about $5 a week. I had a car loan, and paid for all my own expenses. Man, talk about the good old days!

Back then it wasn't unusual to have a six day a week job, or another part-time job on the side. It's not that you needed it for survival, but to try and get ahead or save up some extra money.

I don't see that motivation with a lot of younger people today. Some of them live with their parents well into their 30's. Back when I was younger, your very first goal was to get your own apartment or house.

Forum List

Back