Trump is already attempting to subvert oversight of stimulus

Progressive projects always suck.

Taking money from Americans suffering from the virus and using it for Progressive projects really sucks.

That is what the filthy Democrats are doing.

The administration agreed to create the new inspector general’s office in response to Democratic lawmakers who balked at giving the Treasury Department wide latitude to disburse more than $400 billion in emergency loans to corporations, cities and states. Senate Democrats voted down the initial Senate Republican bill because of the lack of oversight measures over this pot of funding, only agreeing to approve the broader package after the inspector general’s office was added to the legislation.

You creepy little CCD's make lots of threats - not much ability to go through with them...
You make a lot of unsubstantiated claims with no evidence to back them up.

:lmao:

You CCD's are a hoot.

Maybe you can catch a flight to Helionjang in your beloved China and ride this out? You know, because your beloved dictator Xi will keep you safe from the Wuhan virus. :thup:
You make a lot of unsubstantiated claims with no evidence to back them up.
You're saying he's a progressive? No, then what are you saying because you vermin don't accept facts of any kind.

He's butt hurt that I'm pointing out the obvious, the democrats are just an extension of the Chinese Communist party.

Look at any Maddow spewing pile of shit leftist on this board, they'll be praising Communist China as the model for the world, while flinging shit at America - every last one of them.

Good! That's what we want!

Of course it is what you want, you want big daddy government to hand out free money to those who will vote the correct way....it is what all you big government statist want.

I am glad to see you come out in the open and proudly proclaim your big government statist leanings.
If we're gonna open the treasury in butt-fuck big government fashion, I don't want any of that money going to a bunch of goose-stepping pinko commie pukes.

But, you're right.

:beer:
The $2 trillion spending law gives the Treasury Department broad discretion in how it sets up new lending programs. Trump has signaled he wants certain industries, such as hotels and cruise ships, to have access to the taxpayer-backed funding.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm. What biz is Trump in again? Oh yeah, the hotel biz. Anyone think he is also not planning to adhere to the rule about his businesses not getting bailout money?
Trump doesn't own any hotels. You nuts.

Taking money from Americans suffering from the virus and using it for Progressive projects really sucks.

Progressive projects like these? THESE ARE the people who are suffering.

$25B for more food stamps and child nutrition

$12B housing

$3.5B to states for childcare

$32B for education

$900M for low-income heating assistance

$50M for legal services for the poor

$12B housing

$32B for education

Fake news.

$12B housing

$32B for education

you left out the internet bill. Which always seems to be paid

Yep - Donnie and his creepy side kick Lil Stevie Munchkin will be picking winners and losers. No reporting to congress, so they'll do whatever the fuck they please with their precious half a trillion dollar slush fund.

First order of business - A billion or two to Drumpf properties and rewarding all his fat cat pals at Mar-a-Lago.
Second order of business - Punish governors and mayors who say mean things about him.

The second order of business is already happening. This tells me that the first order of business is already in process! :mad:

(WWJ) After President Donald Trump issued scathing comments about Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, saying she's "not stepping up," and "doesn't know what's going on," she told WWJ 950 the state is having trouble getting the equipment they need to fight the novel coronavirus.​
"What I've gotten back is that vendors with whom we've procured contracts -- They're being told not to send stuff to Michigan," Whitmer said live on air. "It's really concerning, I reached out to the White House last night and asked for a phone call with the president, ironically at the time this stuff was going on."​
The other stuff was Trump speaking with Sean Hannity on FOX News about Whitmer, a Democrat who has said very pointed things about the federal government's lack of coordinated response to the coronavirus crisis. Trump said of Whitmer, "She is a new governor, and it's not been pleasant ... "We've had a big problem with the young — a woman governor. You know who I'm talking about — from Michigan. We don't like to see the complaints."​

Trump claimed he has now ordered GM to begin to build ventilators, something they had already been doing; today he's going to the NY Harbor to welcome the Hospital Ship, one more example that this self serving jerk is using Covid 19 for his political purposes.

Of course it is what you want, you want big daddy government to hand out free money to those who will vote the correct way....it is what all you big government statist want.

I am glad to see you come out in the open and proudly proclaim your big government statist leanings.

It's hard to understand why anybody would have an opposition to oversight as to how our tax dollars are spent.

Trump claimed he has now ordered GM to begin to build ventilators, something they had already been doing; today he's going to the NY Harbor to welcome the Hospital Ship, one more example that this self serving jerk is using Covid 19 for his political purposes.

He should have promulgated the Defense Production Act weeks ago, when the doctors and nurses and ill were crying for ventilators, and personal protection garb. As usual he waits, and waits and times when the most effective time for him to take credit for acting; he counts on biddable fools to praise him on social media.

It's hard to understand why anybody would have an opposition to oversight as to how our tax dollars are spent.

"anybody", not those in bed with trump. That's easy to understand, trump&co. (i.e. the swamp) can and should never be trusted.

Because their party told them to. that is all that matters to them

Yep - Donnie and his creepy side kick Lil Stevie Munchkin will be picking winners and losers. No reporting to congress, so they'll do whatever the fuck they please with their precious half a trillion dollar slush fund.

First order of business - A billion or two to Drumpf properties and rewarding all his fat cat pals at Mar-a-Lago.
Second order of business - Punish governors and mayors who say mean things about him.

The second order of business is already happening. This tells me that the first order of business is already in process! :mad:

(WWJ) After President Donald Trump issued scathing comments about Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, saying she's "not stepping up," and "doesn't know what's going on," she told WWJ 950 the state is having trouble getting the equipment they need to fight the novel coronavirus.​
"What I've gotten back is that vendors with whom we've procured contracts -- They're being told not to send stuff to Michigan," Whitmer said live on air. "It's really concerning, I reached out to the White House last night and asked for a phone call with the president, ironically at the time this stuff was going on."​
The other stuff was Trump speaking with Sean Hannity on FOX News about Whitmer, a Democrat who has said very pointed things about the federal government's lack of coordinated response to the coronavirus crisis. Trump said of Whitmer, "She is a new governor, and it's not been pleasant ... "We've had a big problem with the young — a woman governor. You know who I'm talking about — from Michigan. We don't like to see the complaints."​

These Democrat governors are all assholes. Especially that shithead dingbat from Michigan.

These Democrat governors are all assholes. Especially that shithead dingbat from Michigan.

So it is proper to PUNISH them by telling vendors not to sell them critical supplies?

If your answer is yes, then there is no hope for you Gomer.

$12B housing

$32B for education

That is just nothing but fucking welfare and has no place in a bill designed to counter the effects of the virus epidemic.

Why in the hell should the fucking government take the money that I earn to pay your fucking childcare, internet, housing, legal bills and heat?

How about you paying your own fucking bills? Ever think of that?

Damn you Liberals are assholes thinking you are entitled to have other people pay for you stuff just because you are alive. Despicable!

Trump chips away at Congress' role in coronavirus relief oversight

"President Donald Trump intends to ignore provisions in the newly passed $2 trillion coronavirus relief bill intended to shore up Congress' oversight of the massive rescue program.

The legislation establishes a "special inspector general" to review and investigate loan decisions made by the treasury secretary as part of the coronavirus relief effort, an accountability measure that was a central part of Democrats' demands to shore up transparency in the bill. The provision requires the inspector general to notify Congress if he or she is "unreasonably refused or not provided" any information.
But in a signing statement issued shortly after he approved the bill, Trump says he'll be the last word on whether this provision is followed.

"I do not understand, and my Administration will not treat, this provision as permitting the [inspector general] to issue reports to the Congress without the presidential supervision required" by Article II of the Constitution, Trump said in the signing statement.
Trump also indicated he would treat as optional a requirement in the bill that key congressional committees be consulted before Department of Veterans Affairs, Department of State or U.S. Agency for International Development spends or reallocates certain funds."
.......................................................................................................................................................................
Even if the Trump admin wasn't incompetent and corrupt it is a reasonable request on the part of congressional Dems to have some degree of accountability for the dispersal of the $500B allocation for corporate relief from any admin. Dems agreed to the package believing Trump would be true to his word in allowing for the oversight mechanisms to be implemented.

They should have known better than to take a conman's word.
That provision is unconstitutional. Trump is right. He has final authority over the executive branch, and this new post has to part of the executive branch. Ignoring the Constitution is not a "reasonable request."

So it is proper to PUNISH them by telling vendors not to sell them critical supplies?

If your answer is yes, then there is no hope for you Gomer.
Did Trump do that?

Forum List

Back