Trump, Iran and the 2020 Election

To be clear, I am not making a prediction on Trump going to war with Iran. Morons like Trump are unpredictable. I don’t pretend otherwise.

The question, however, is that if Trump really did go to war with Iran, would his supporters automatically think it was a great idea?

My thinking is that Trump is not a Neo-Con, if he goes to war it's only because it's very serious and many trusted people in his circle advised him of the threat.

Here is a guy who publicly called out John Bolton as a Hawk, he actually used the term and basically said Bolton wants to go to war. He then followed it up with something to the effect, "but I make the final decisions".

I know he's often not diplomatic, but he can be very blunt and transparent. It's great to see as much as it is so rare. It also scares the hell out of crazy dictators who genuinely don't know what to think of it all. Some of them must be worried that Bolton will gain his ear on such a final decision at some point.

Sometimes I think he sort of backs into these negotiation tactics, almost by accident. However, I think it's slightly naive to think that after all the years Trump has negotiated for real estate and his profile business deals, that he isn't well aware of how his public responses will be interpreted by foreign governments.

To answer your question, some of his supporters would be ok with it, as long as it was a sound, thought out decision, others simply don't want war. The question is, how will the Dem or GOP politicians view it?

To be clear, I am not making a prediction on Trump going to war with Iran. Morons like Trump are unpredictable. I don’t pretend otherwise.

The question, however, is that if Trump really did go to war with Iran, would his supporters automatically think it was a great idea?

Trump is not going to start a war but he could provoke Iran into doing something really stupid.

If Billy000 had an IQ of 139, would the TDS still make him post OPs as if his IQ was potato?

He doesn't seem to be 'rushing' in, Rand Paul has been sent to talk to Iran. I'm waiting to hear that Dennis Rodman and Jimmy Carter are waiting in the wings.

Trump has 90% plus rating with republicans. They are like a cult, and will support him no matter what he does.
Yeah that is what is so shocking. I mean it would be surprising if Bush’s approval rating remained that high, but Trump’s rating being that high is absolutely batshit crazy. Nothing about it makes any goddamn sense. These people have completely lost their minds.
Its become a cult. He is a populist, not conservative in any way. When you realize this and what the republican party now is everything makes a lot more sense.

Of course they would.

These are the same people who attacked anyone who didn't agree with the bush boy and his Iraq war. They went as far as to stop calling French fries their name to freedom fries because France didn't buy the bush boy's lies.

I'm surprised you have to ask the question.

It drives me crazy that Democrat's wont work in lock step, drives me crazy that Republicans will, Trump may well win the next election, have grave thoughts about that being the best thing for the country as a whole. was right about what 8 years of Bush would bring to the next election, have same feelings about 4 more years of Trump. but then I freely admit to being anti war.

Trump has 90% plus rating with republicans. They are like a cult, and will support him no matter what he does.
Yeah that is what is so shocking. I mean it would be surprising if Bush’s approval rating remained that high, but Trump’s rating being that high is absolutely batshit crazy. Nothing about it makes any goddamn sense. These people have completely lost their minds.
Its become a cult. He is a populist, not conservative in any way. When you realize this and what the republican party now is everything makes a lot more sense.
It really is a cult. I genuinely believe that assessment to not be hyperbole. No other explanation makes any sense.

Rand Paul has been sent to talk to Iran.
Kinda. More accurately, the Iranian Foreign Minister reached out to Paul, an antiwar republican, in a pretty transparent move. The iranians are nothing, if not hamhanded and clumsy. Trump authorized Paul to negotiate.

First of all, Trump is starting nothing, Iran is. Next.

Is that any worse than supporting Democrats who openly call Americans garbage?

Trump is starting nothing, Iran is.
No, that's not accurate. Crippling a nation's economy is an act of war. Now, whether or not you support this is up to you. But you would be very dishonest, or ignorant, or naive to truly believe Trump is 'starting nothing".

As the pressure on trump grows, the tail of the dog wags faster.

My greatest concern is trump will wage war against Iran, counting on being a war time President, he will win a second term.
Why don’t you democrats help all the blacks getting shot in your towns.. and leave republicans alone ..
Dont worry, ya cackling moron...we will work on that AND on all the white people ODing on opioids in the red states. You just sit there and look stupid. We got this.

Sounds good, you must have multiple operations centers in your tents in Los Angeles and San Francisco...dumbass.

Well now, you attack the messanger and call him a "dumbass" and yet can't disprove his statesments. Which, in fact are true.

Trump flips and flops like a big fat tuna hooked and tossed on the deck of a trawler.

Yea, I'm sure all your facts are true....dumbass.

New Topics

Forum List

Back