Trump: 'FAKE NEWS' that Pompeo heard tape of Saudi journalist's death

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
“ABC news-fake news?”

Naw, just out ancorps.THEN watch them squeal lies. So please don’t call them a news agency that supplies fake news, call them liars. Straight to the point. And a whole lot more realistic.

Read more
The Hill ^

President Trump on Friday denied a report that Secretary of State Mike Pompeo heard an audio recording of journalist Jamal Khashoggi's murder inside the Saudi consulate in Istanbul.

"Secretary of State Mike Pompeo was never given or shown a Transcript or Video of the Saudi Consulate event. FAKE NEWS!" Trump tweeted.

The president's comments come one day after ABC News reported Pompeo listened to the recording and was given a transcript of it during meetings this week in Turkey scheduled in response to Khashoggi's disappearance.

Trump administration officials have repeatedly denied the report, which was based on the account of one senior Turkish official, and the president's tweet could amplify those denials.

"Secretary Pompeo has neither heard a tape nor has he seen a transcript related to Jamal Khashoggi’s disappearance," said in a statement Thursday evening.

Pompeo himself pointedly dismissed the report, telling journalists traveling with him in Mexico that "I’ve seen no tape ... I’ve heard no tape. I’ve seen no transcript."

"The network that reported that ought to pull down the headline that says I have," he added.

Khashoggi's disappearance has sparked a diplomatic crisis between the U.S., Turkey and Saudi Arabia.

Turkish officials have said Khashoggi was intercepted inside the consulate in Istanbul by a team of Saudi agents, then tortured, killed and dismembered.

Saudi officials have thus far denied any knowledge of Khashoggi's fate, but Trump and his top aides have recently ramped up pressure on the kingdom to come up with an explanation.

Hey president Trump...pull their credentials from the WH press corps.;)

Saudi officials are now saying that Koshiggi died at the embassy.

Just released news..................

Saudi Arabia ADMITS Jamal Khashoggi is dead | Daily Mail Online

BREAKING NEWS: Saudi Arabia ADMITS Jamal Khashoggi is dead and blames death on a fight breaking out in the embassy
  • Saudi Arabia has admitted journalist Jamal Khashoggi is dead
  • Saudi attorney general says Khashoggi died after a fight broke out between him and people who met him at the consulate
  • 18 suspects have been held in connection with the case

“ABC news-fake news?”

Naw, just out ancorps.THEN watch them squeal lies. So please don’t call them a news agency that supplies fake news, call them liars. Straight to the point. And a whole lot more realistic.

Read more
The Hill ^

President Trump on Friday denied a report that Secretary of State Mike Pompeo heard an audio recording of journalist Jamal Khashoggi's murder inside the Saudi consulate in Istanbul.

"Secretary of State Mike Pompeo was never given or shown a Transcript or Video of the Saudi Consulate event. FAKE NEWS!" Trump tweeted.

The president's comments come one day after ABC News reported Pompeo listened to the recording and was given a transcript of it during meetings this week in Turkey scheduled in response to Khashoggi's disappearance.

Trump administration officials have repeatedly denied the report, which was based on the account of one senior Turkish official, and the president's tweet could amplify those denials.

"Secretary Pompeo has neither heard a tape nor has he seen a transcript related to Jamal Khashoggi’s disappearance," said in a statement Thursday evening.

Pompeo himself pointedly dismissed the report, telling journalists traveling with him in Mexico that "I’ve seen no tape ... I’ve heard no tape. I’ve seen no transcript."

"The network that reported that ought to pull down the headline that says I have," he added.

Khashoggi's disappearance has sparked a diplomatic crisis between the U.S., Turkey and Saudi Arabia.

Turkish officials have said Khashoggi was intercepted inside the consulate in Istanbul by a team of Saudi agents, then tortured, killed and dismembered.

Saudi officials have thus far denied any knowledge of Khashoggi's fate, but Trump and his top aides have recently ramped up pressure on the kingdom to come up with an explanation.

Hey president Trump...pull their credentials from the WH press corps.;)

Trump called it FAKE NEWS. And we should believe Trump right? No tape, no transcript.. Nothing. Because nothing happened right?? You believe that don't you?

Frankly, PIMPEO would be smart not to listen. Because once he did, if he had to hold his hand up and say he didn't, it would be PERJURY. PLAUSIBLE DENIABILITY.

Forum List

Back