Trump-endorsed South Carolina governor Henry McMaster signs bill requiring death row inmates to choose firing squad or electric chair

I'm not sure what this kind of criminal justice policy has to do with "family values" or "conservatism" one way or another.

Giving the condemned their choice of execution method has been done for a long time.

I am one who wants bad people to get the dirt nap, but the more I think about it, the more I am concerned that the most incompetent and corruption-prone entity ever created among humans (government) is in charge of such a practice, given the consequences of the outcome.

God bless family values conservatives!

Hey... it's the Left's fault because they worked overtime to get the lethal injection drugs made so scarce that states couldn't find them. Oh well...
Oh, there are plenty of supply of lethal injections drugs. Vets use them to humanely euthanize animals every day. There are also drugs used as anesthesia that would serve as lethal injection drugs in higher doses. The problem is that drug manufactures do not like having their drugs used to put down a human.

God bless family values conservatives!

Yes indeed. Unlike Democrats, we value FAMILIES and not those that wreak havoc, pain, and suffering on innocent people. You sympathize with animals who commit horrendous crimes.

I would change one thing, put a limit on the time for appeals of two years. Once the sentence is handed down, two years and off you go. Personally, I'd add the guillotine to the methods of execution. It is quick and certain.

I am one who wants bad people to get the dirt nap, but the more I think about it, the more I am concerned that the most incompetent and corruption-prone entity ever created among humans (government) is in charge of such a practice, given the consequences of the outcome.
Fundamentally I am pro-death penalty; however, given the problems we have implementing the death penalty, I wouldn't mind seeing the maximum sentence being life in prison with no opportunity for parole unless the conviction is overturned (wrongful conviction).

Fundamentally I am pro-death penalty; however, given the problems we have implementing the death penalty, I wouldn't mind seeing the maximum sentence being life in prison with no opportunity for parole unless the conviction is overturned (wrongful conviction).

The problem with life without parole, as opposed to execution, is that humans adapt very well to their surroundings. It doesn't take that long for a prisoner to adapt to their surroundings, extra privileges, TV, radio, a job in the kitchen, and no worries about paying off a car or whatever. Is it a life they would choose, probably not but it okay?

In my humble opinion, the method of execution should as closely as possible replicate how they committed the murder or murders. But then, I'm just an old softie.

I am no longer a supporter of the death penalty. With that said, what’s wrong with a choice for the states that have it?

Why?

Just pick the easiest, fastest and cheapest method. Which a firing squad should be the default choice. Just do it and get it over with.

Honestly I wouldn't be opposed to a guillotine really. Build it once and all you need to do is hose it off, sharpen the blade and keep it greased.

New Topics

Forum List

Back