Trump-DeSantis Dream Ticket?

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
I agree with most rational evaluations of Trump running again in 2024: He will probably be too old, and he would face the same appointment issues that bedeviled him in his first term. However, there is a growing belief that the 2020 election was stolen from him (with disastrous results for our country). How to correlate these opinions into a successful campaign?

One answer would be a Trump-DeSantis ticket, which would erase the stench of the 2020 election while providing organizational support and a worthy successor to a second Trump Presidency. Unlike Kamala Harris (and Mike Pence, to a lesser extent), a Vice-President DeSantis would be recognized as a conservative heavy-weight in his own regard who could lead the country at a moment's notice. Further, he could relieve Trump of some of the bureaucratic minutia that Trump abhors.

I think that the alleged feud between these two is largely a media creation that will be smoothed over and forgotten by the time of the 2024 election. Would DeSantis turn down such an opportunity to become President in 2029 (and maybe sooner)?

Last edited:
I think that the alleged feud between these two is largely a media creation
It's also their greatest fear. Even if DeSantis could run unopposed and Trump stood down, they'd still paint him with the exact same brush, using the same tactics as with Trump. They realize they are in a fight for the life of their "party".
IF it looks like Trump will run, expect widespread "resistance" to begin as soon as his campaign begins. I honestly think this is about to go kinetic. They are no longer interested in being part of a Republic or playing by equal rules.

Trump is from Florida. DeSantis is from Florida. There will be no Trump DeSantis ticket.

DeSantis POTUS. Trump VP. Trump is too progressive for me. He borrows and spends too much.

Forum List

Back