Trump crams one last racist policy into his final days as president

Let those so called Confederate generals or whatever be who they are, the losers of the war, and stop honoring them. Trump is threatening a veto to play to his racist base, most of whom are not even military

I find it funny as hell that race baiters have the nerve to call anyone racist.

In 2020 to still have military bases named after confederate generals is just odd to me. You would think with all of the different icons and symbols in these states that there would be other things to name a base after rather than the leaders of an army that fought against the United States.
Those bases have always been named after Confederate generals, douchbag.

Times change and so can signs on the front of a military base.

We've seen your change.... stick it
I am certain his change is better that what you suggest, dumb ass number 1 recipient of Affirmative Action who now opposes the very policy that freed her from the kitchen.
Perhaps a lot of this was to appease the people at the time. That was not a nice time and many suffered. Today when we see endless statues and paintings and other things of African Americans with a percentage really not that good of what it replaced do you believe that it could be interpreted as the same thing? Appeasement.

Let those so called Confederate generals or whatever be who they are, the losers of the war, and stop honoring them. Trump is threatening a veto to play to his racist base, most of whom are not even military
Fake News. It's the Left that racializes everything, whereas most Americans are post-racial.

Same dumb white racists making the same silly comments.

In 2020 to still have military bases named after confederate generals is just odd to me. You would think with all of the different icons and symbols in these states that there would be other things to name a base after rather than the leaders of an army that fought against the United States.
Those bases have always been named after Confederate generals, douchbag.

Times change and so can signs on the front of a military base.

We've seen your change.... stick it
I am certain his change is better that what you suggest, dumb ass number 1 recipient of Affirmative Action who now opposes the very policy that freed her from the kitchen.
Perhaps a lot of this was to appease the people at the time. That was not a nice time and many suffered. Today when we see endless statues and paintings and other things of African Americans with a percentage really not that good of what it replaced do you believe that it could be interpreted as the same thing? Appeasement.
BS.

There was supposed to be peace after the Civil War, and many Confederates have living relatives and descendants even to this day.
Hard as it may seem to believe, not all Confederates were white. Many black people to this day have ancestors who served on the Confederate side of the war. History is history. These things must be taken in perspective.

With respect to slavery --- obviously some blacks had better jobs than others --- and/or felt differently about their terms and conditions of employment --- not all blacks were slave and not all whites were free.

"States' rights" was a big issue that was not always clearly brought out.

Forum List

Back