Trump Can Stop Interstate Travel..

...nor is it new.

Funny how that line always comes into play.

Well, hey now, we did it before, so, what's the derned problemo? Heh heh.

I'll bet that whenever the next 'emergency' comes along they'll say the same thing about all of the things they did for the first time this time around. That's usually how they roll.

Can't beieve people keep falling for that gag.

What I'm saying is that that particular page on the CDC website advising certain travel precautions is not new. I've seen that when I've been looking at the CDC page at least as long as a couple of weeks ago. Billy_Bob said the CDC just issued the travel order and then linked to a page that's been there for a while.

The domestic travel advisory portion at the top of the page, which depotoo linked to and Billy_Bob, strangely, didn't quote in his post, is at least fairly new.

Neither is actually an order. They are clearly stated as recommendations.

What I'm saying is that that particular page on the CDC website advising certain travel precautions is not new. I've seen that when I've been looking at the CDC page at least as long as a couple of weeks ago. Billy_Bob said the CDC just issued the travel order and then linked to a page that's been there for a while.

The domestic travel advisory portion at the top of the page, which depotoo linked to and Billy_Bob, strangely, didn't quote in his post, is at least fairly new.

Neither is actually an order. They are clearly stated as recommendations.

I didn't know whether it was or not, that's why I only commented on the latter part of your thought there.

With the stroke of a pen....

Contrary to Coumo's bloviating and Deblasio's whining, Trump has the power to shut down interstate travel with the stroke of a pen.

"
The federal government derives its authority for isolation and quarantine from the Commerce Clause of the U.S. Constitution.

Under section 361 of the Public Health Service Act (42 U.S. Code § 264), the U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services is authorized to take measures to prevent the entry and spread of communicable diseases from foreign countries into the United States and between states.

The authority for carrying out these functions on a daily basis has been delegated to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

That sure would screw us over. Trucking supplies us.
Trucking will continue.. What is "unnecessary"?

Contrary to Coumo's bloviating and Deblasio's whining, Trump has the power to shut down interstate travel with the stroke of a pen.

"
The federal government derives its authority for isolation and quarantine from the Commerce Clause of the U.S. Constitution.

Under section 361 of the Public Health Service Act (42 U.S. Code § 264), the U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services is authorized to take measures to prevent the entry and spread of communicable diseases from foreign countries into the United States and between states.

The authority for carrying out these functions on a daily basis has been delegated to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

Even tho the CDC CAN - it hasn't reached that far and has ZERO enforcement capability under Fed law.. But the whole enchilada is irrelevant, because ANY state governor can DEMAND a monitored quarantine on ANYONE entering their state with a pandemic disease... And issue "don't come' clarifications that you WILL be quarantined at the state line...

"

Even tho the CDC CAN - it hasn't reached that far and has ZERO enforcement capability under Fed law.. But the whole enchilada is irrelevant, because ANY state governor can DEMAND a monitored quarantine on ANYONE entering their state with a pandemic disease... And issue "don't come' clarifications that you WILL be quarantined at the state line...
LOL..

Those New York'ers flying into Florida were met by the National guard and Health officials who gave them instructions to self QUARANTINE FOR 14 DAYS...

I'm betting that was a somewhat tense conversation.

"

LOL..

Those New York'ers flying into Florida were met by the National guard and Health officials who gave them instructions to self QUARANTINE FOR 14 DAYS...

I'm betting that was a somewhat tense conversation.

Yeah there's gonna be some friction there for YEARS after this... But frankly, Florida should have be limiting New Yorkers arriving to about 125 a year -- LONG ago... They lose them so fast tho -- most would get a perm Fla VISA..... LOL....

But THAT'S how "interstate travel" is gonna be restricted.. Pretty sure Trump prefers that to Fed marshalls or HIM calling up the Nat guard...

Yeah there's gonna be some friction there for YEARS after this... But frankly, Florida should have be limiting New Yorkers arriving to about 125 a year -- LONG ago... They lose them so fast tho -- most would get a perm Fla VISA..... LOL....
But THAT'S how "interstate travel" is gonna be restricted.. Pretty sure Trump prefers that to Fed marshalls or HIM calling up the Nat guard...
Maybe they should give Yankees call numbers, so that, as older Yankees die, new ones can come down and replace them?

Sort of a Snow Bird Distribution Network?

I never thought I would see the day that interstate travle would be limited... But here it is...
Yes you did....all of the time....

Obama was going to put all of you in FEMA concentration camps, remember?

Or are you admitting yall were just being full of shit as usual --- and as usual -- its always a republican doing the same shit you project onto everyone else....

Trump shoulda woulda coulda and isn't. The states, however, ARE. Maine is barricading roads. Rhode Island is going house to house looking for fleeing New Yorkers. Florida is detaining trsvelers. Trump having nothing to do with any of it.

Trump shoulda woulda coulda and isn't. The states, however, ARE. Maine is barricading roads. Rhode Island is going house to house looking for fleeing New Yorkers. Florida is detaining trsvelers. Trump having nothing to do with any of it.
RI changed that to people coming in from any state.
And Florida is stopping La travelers telling them they must self quarantine and you tell them where you will quarantine so they can supposedly check up on you.

Forum List

Back