Trump brokers deal to remake the field in NC Senate race...The deal benefits Trump-endorsed Rep. Ted Budd, who has struggled to take command of race

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015

it's Trump the kingmaker!

excerpts:

During a meeting at Mar-a-Lago on Saturday, Trump pledged to endorse former GOP Rep. Mark Walker, who is currently in third place in the Senate primary, if Walker leaves the race and runs again for the House instead, according to multiple sources present at the gathering

Despite the former president’s endorsement and the multimillion-dollar backing from Club for Growth’s super PAC, Budd has failed to surpass former Gov. Pat McCrory, who is also seeking the Republican nomination for Senate. Walker for months has trailed both Budd and McCrory in polling and fundraising.

The new 7th District congressional seat that Walker would run for resembles the district Walker represented from 2015 through 2020. Budd currently represents much of that area in Congress.

Both Budd and Walker are campaigning as Trump loyalists, in contrast with McCrory, a Republican with more appeal to moderates.

The new arrangement amounts to a truce between several key conservatives in North Carolina — and settles a game of Republican musical chairs that has been underway in the state

“President Trump deserves a lot of credit for bringing together North Carolina conservatives and proposing a path that truly benefits the voters,” McIntosh said in a statement Sunday, when asked about his attendance at the Mar-a-Lago meeting.

A McCrory internal polling memo from October showed McCrory ahead by 15 percentage points in the three-way race. Shaw said the poll found his lead grew by another point in a head-to-head matchup with Budd.

A survey commissioned by the Club for Growth last month, meanwhile, had McCrory up by just three points.

The more time Trump spends on evaluating candidates, the better he is at spotting the deep state connivers. Listen to Trump and drain the swamp.

The more time Trump spends on evaluating candidates, the better he is at spotting the deep state connivers. Listen to Trump and drain the swamp.

The only qualification Trump looks for is how kisses his ass the most, he cares about nothing else at all.

Not really....If it's one thing that he truly sucks at, it's smoking out "deep state connivers".

Mike Pence, John Bolton, James Wray, Gina Hapsell, James Mattis, Jeff Sessions, Brian Kemp, Bill Barr, Chris Christie, the list goes on and on.

The only qualification Trump looks for is how kisses his ass the most, he cares about nothing else at all.
It takes balls to back Trump after all the fabricated bullshit our media and global establishment put him through. I prefer representatives who will fight for the American people over those who cave to the establishment and take the path of least resistance.

It takes balls to back Trump after all the fabricated bullshit our media and global establishment put him through. I prefer representatives who will fight for the American people over those who cave to the establishment and take the path of least resistance.

I find it sad that you equate kissing Trump's ass with "fighting for the American people". But it is what our partisan system has come down to

Not really....If it's one thing that he truly sucks at, it's smoking out "deep state connivers".

Mike Pence, John Bolton, James Wray, Gina Hapsell, James Mattis, Jeff Sessions, Brian Kemp, Bill Barr, Chris Christie, the list goes on and on.
Trump would be the last person to say he wasn't bamboozled by those people. He has been politically engaged for a while now and I'm sure he's becoming more aware of how deceitful many politicians are when it comes to protecting their own crooked deals. I think Trump is a live and learn kind of guy.

I find it sad that you equate kissing Trump's ass with "fighting for the American people". But it is what our partisan system has come down to
we are a very binary society right now. people have no time or capability to dig into details.

so we stereotype up and put people on one side or the other.

Forum List

Back