Trump bringing in more immigrants.

There is a big difference between importing skilled workers to fill a specific labor hole than just allowing one million anybodies stream across the border every year.

There is an important correlation between the two. Both drive down wages.

Driving wages down in positions specifically brought in to fill a labor hole? LOL. Did you read the statement you were responding to, or does your point actually make sense to you?

You mean like this?

Disney 'forced 250 of its American IT workers to train up the Indian workers who replaced them' | Daily Mail Online

No, not like that at all. You posted an article about replacement workers. The post you responded to was about a labor hole. If there are workers in place that are being replaced, then by definition there is not a labor hole.

There is no labor hole. Take applications and you will get a truck load of them. They will claim they are not trained. Then train them.
Those Who Mandate This Better Give Students the Same Allowance and Paid-Up Tuition They Give Their Sons

Paid education will get the entire talent pool; the present system dips into the shallow end of it. Most of today's college graduates wouldn't even have been admitted into college under a paid system. Only the smartest will be recruited for that. The rest will be recruited for manual-skills training.

Those who oppose this know that they wouldn't make the cut. They are bitterly vindictive about sacrificing their youth living like teenagers who are afraid to grow up. They believe in generic students, and if anybody is to get rewarded with a good job he needs to be punished first in order to deserve it. However, they shouldn't be so jealous of talent; they, too, are absolutely dependent on the development of our most potentially productive human sources.

Once again for the slow people...LEGAL immigrants that add value to our society are a good thing....dead beat uneducated ILLEGAL aliens are not....

Then why is business inviting them here by the millions to work?

I thought he argued that we were full?

'Our country is full': Trump claims emergency during border visit

It seems when corporations want them, it's all well and good.

Report: Guest Worker Program to See Boost in 2020

A guest-worker is a fully documented potential citizen. They work on the books and pay every category of deduction even some they may never benefit from.
The job market has expanded so much under this president's tutelage that is a must to fill the mundane and repetitious tasks that comprise the foundation of an industry with the sheer numbers that are required to fill them. Some of these are skilled jobs like programming or electronic component assembly... To keep the growth healthy they must be filled with people who have the knowledge and ability to do them.

This is very different from the open flood of unskilled illiterates who are unable to fit themselves into workable living wage positions where the benefit is mutual but instead become a parasitic draw on the local economies that they settle into.

Jo

Both drive down wages. MAGA.

If the job market is so saturated, how do we argue to get rid of millions and millions working here illegally?
The jobs where we need people with specialized education may not have enough American candidates. To many degrees in less desirable majors perhaps.

*May not*. Train Americans.

What majors precisely are the needs not being met?
Once again for the slow people...LEGAL immigrants that add value to our society are a good thing....dead beat uneducated ILLEGAL aliens are not....

Case in point. An American made product..
Large industrial machine....all made in USA.

New model costing about Ten million
Only 14 exist. We bought one. Damn thing didn't work. Company...an American company....sent best and brightest out.
No results. They called a super fixer from Pakistan....a genius....charges 2500 bucks an hour even in his hotel room. He came...he redesigned....he conquered....got paid and was gone three days later. Machine now works perfectly.

Jo
A Seed Doesn't Grow in Sand

By hiring no-talent brown-noses from unpaid education, American companies aren't operating the American Way. By listening to equally unqualified economists, you miss the point. There's a reason we don't hear the phrases "good old American know-how" and "Yankee ingenuity" anymore.

People who sacrifice to get a job have no self-respect. The reason for that is they have no talent to respect themselves for.

A guest-worker is a fully documented potential citizen. They work on the books and pay every category of deduction even some they may never benefit from.
The job market has expanded so much under this president's tutelage that is a must to fill the mundane and repetitious tasks that comprise the foundation of an industry with the sheer numbers that are required to fill them. Some of these are skilled jobs like programming or electronic component assembly... To keep the growth healthy they must be filled with people who have the knowledge and ability to do them.

This is very different from the open flood of unskilled illiterates who are unable to fit themselves into workable living wage positions where the benefit is mutual but instead become a parasitic draw on the local economies that they settle into.

Jo

If the job market is so saturated, how do we argue to get rid of millions and millions working here illegally?
The jobs where we need people with specialized education may not have enough American candidates. To many degrees in less desirable majors perhaps.

Only 14 exist. We bought one. Damn thing didn't work. Company...an American company....sent best and brightest out.
No results. They called a super fixer from Pakistan....a genius....charges 2500 bucks an hour even in his hotel room. He came...he redesigned....he conquered....got paid and was gone three days later. Machine now works perfectly.

Jo
A Seed Doesn't Grow in Sand

By hiring no-talent brown-noses from unpaid education, American companies aren't operating the American Way. By listening to equally unqualified economists, you miss the point. There's a reason we don't hear the phrases "good old American know-how" and "Yankee ingenuity" anymore.

People who sacrifice to get a job have no self-respect. The reason for that is they have no talent to respect themselves for.

I think the problem begins with the education centers. No one had to work hard anymore to actually earn a degree or a certificate.
When everybody gets a Trophy.... nobody wins. I'm getting these Baccalaureate trainees with shit for math skills. I don't have time to sit with them a teach them algebra or trig....they're supposed to know this stuff already.

Jo

There is a big difference between importing skilled workers to fill a specific labor hole than just allowing one million anybodies stream across the border every year.

The Americans who would do this work have better jobs.

Making lower wages than they should because of all those brought in to drive down wages.
I don’t see that in NY.
The cities in farm states probably have a low unemployment rates at the moment and the farms need bodies; but you probably know that.

Jo

Jo
My American co-workers could have fixed it.

Making lower wages than they should because of all those brought in to drive down wages.
I don’t see that in NY.
The cities in farm states probably have a low unemployment rates at the moment and the farms need bodies; but you probably know that.

There is a legal process to allow in all the help a farm needs. The problem is that also requires paying a legal wage.

Any american worker is 10 times more productive and hard working than any immigrant.

I don’t see that in NY.

There is a legal process to allow in all the help a farm needs. The problem is that also requires paying a legal wage.
Why is that a problem?
All humans should be paid the legal wage.

Actually no. I read a study on that claim, and it's mostly false. There was only one group, who saw a slight decrease in wages due to immigrants - and that was Americans who did not have a high school diploma - a vulnerable group. Immigrants did not affect the wages of any other group.

Jo

Jo

I don't doubt it....maybe the problem is more networking than skill

Actually no. I read a study on that claim, and it's mostly false. There was only one group, who saw a slight decrease in wages due to immigrants - and that was Americans who did not have a high school diploma - a vulnerable group. Immigrants did not affect the wages of any other group.
American wages didn’t drop; Americans were laid off and had to live on social services.
Do you ever wonder why we have 7 definitions of unemployment?

Jo

That could be; a Union could send a family member who doesn’t know what they’re doing.

Jo

My co-workers can build a house on their own and use and repair all the machinery and electronics they use.

I don’t see that in NY.

Why is that a problem?
All humans should be paid the legal wage.

It's a problem because it's not what happens.

American wages didn’t drop; Americans were laid off and had to live on social services.
Do you ever wonder why we have 7 definitions of unemployment?

Actually wages DID drop slightly for that one group in the study, and it make sense - these are people working primarily in things like the poultry industry, where a lot of illegal immigrants are also employed at likely minimum or substandard wages.

:lol:

Some of you people are so fucking stupid. Your bumper sticker says “immigration bad!” and that’s where any thinking stops. So much bliss.

So it only affects those already struggling to make ends meet? Is this what you want to stand on?

That said, I already shown where what you say is not true.

Pink Slips at Disney. But First, Training Foreign Replacements.

Forum List

Back