Trump bringing in more immigrants.

I thought he argued that we were full?

'Our country is full': Trump claims emergency during border visit

It seems when corporations want them, it's all well and good.

Report: Guest Worker Program to See Boost in 2020

There is a big difference between importing skilled workers to fill a specific labor hole than just allowing one million anybodies stream across the border every year.

There is an important correlation between the two. Both drive down wages.

A guest-worker is a fully documented potential citizen. They work on the books and pay every category of deduction even some they may never benefit from.
The job market has expanded so much under this president's tutelage that is a must to fill the mundane and repetitious tasks that comprise the foundation of an industry with the sheer numbers that are required to fill them. Some of these are skilled jobs like programming or electronic component assembly... To keep the growth healthy they must be filled with people who have the knowledge and ability to do them.

This is very different from the open flood of unskilled illiterates who are unable to fit themselves into workable living wage positions where the benefit is mutual but instead become a parasitic draw on the local economies that they settle into.

Jo

A guest-worker is a fully documented potential citizen. They work on the books and pay every category of deduction even some they may never benefit from.
The job market has expanded so much under this president's tutelage that is a must to fill the mundane and repetitious tasks that comprise the foundation of an industry with the sheer numbers that are required to fill them. Some of these are skilled jobs like programming or electronic component assembly... To keep the growth healthy they must be filled with people who have the knowledge and ability to do them.

This is very different from the open flood of unskilled illiterates who are unable to fit themselves into workable living wage positions where the benefit is mutual but instead become a parasitic draw on the local economies that they settle into.

Jo

Both drive down wages. MAGA.

If the job market is so saturated, how do we argue to get rid of millions and millions working here illegally?

There is a big difference between importing skilled workers to fill a specific labor hole than just allowing one million anybodies stream across the border every year.

Driving wages down in positions specifically brought in to fill a labor hole? LOL. Did you read the statement you were responding to, or does your point actually make sense to you?

Of course he is. He has turned into a typical neo con on foreign policy and establishment RINO on immigration/invasion. The cultists will still kiss his ass and vote for him though.
64837177_2063797973917009_4692741126568804352_n.jpg

73048728_3375249669153710_1327310113265942528_n.jpg

Driving wages down in positions specifically brought in to fill a labor hole? LOL. Did you read the statement you were responding to, or does your point actually make sense to you?

You mean like this?

Disney 'forced 250 of its American IT workers to train up the Indian workers who replaced them' | Daily Mail Online

If you refuse to acknowledge the distinction between legitimate guests and immigrants, and invading foreign criminals; then there is no point trying to discuss any of this with you. Your entire understanding of every issue pertaining to this matter is based on a treasonous lie which you refuse to let go of.

If you refuse to acknowledge the distinction between legitimate guests and immigrants, and invading foreign criminals; then there is no point trying to discuss any of this with you. Your entire understanding of every issue pertaining to this matter is based on a treasonous lie which you refuse to let go of.

You are the one ignoring the correlation. Both drive down wages. Both are things Trump argued against.

You missed something important guest workers.

Did the ones Disney hire ever leave? Is this not a part of the problem Trump ran against? Bringing in "guest workers" that then never leave?

What happens when they start having a bunch of kids here?

Jo

If the job market is so saturated, how do we argue to get rid of millions and millions working here illegally?

A company that discriminates against an American in favor of a cheaper Foreigner runs the risk of having to pay a bridge penalty to the government if they are discovered. Not easy to prove it though.

I know of some cases locally with a college that did just that and ended up having to pay the department of labor a form of penalty. Microsoft corporation has run into the same problem for the same reasons.

Having said that it is important to keep the guest worker program open and healthy.
Empty positions are liked a cancer on productivity.

Jo

At basically full employment you gotta fill jobs somehow. LEGAL TEMPORARY status is much preferred to the open borders the left supports.
BUT we need to STRICTLY monitor those who come. Overstaying your Visa is no different than breaching our borders

Well there is but how many will disappear once here?

Jo

A company that discriminates against an American in favor of a cheaper Foreigner runs the risk of having to pay a bridge penalty to the government if they are discovered. Not easy to prove it though.

I know of some cases locally with a college that did just that and ended up having to pay the department of labor a form of penalty. Microsoft corporation has run into the same problem for the same reasons.

Having said that it is important to keep the guest worker program open and healthy.
Empty positions are liked a cancer on productivity.

Jo

Disney didn't hide it nor did they pay squat.

You are the one ignoring the correlation. Both drive down wages. Both are things Trump argued against.

And Trump was dead wrong as anyone who is familiar with labor statistics knows.

Our population is getting older and baby-boomers are retiring in droves, which will be driving down Labor Participation rates, stifling economic growth and increasing dependant-to-worker ratio all the way to 2040s.

LFPRProjections.PNG

The only way to really counter that is to prime the labor force with an influx of younger, foreign born workers.

Forum List

Back