Trump Admitted Not Paying Taxes at a 2016 Debate

So, as we can see, this story on Trump's taxes is a nothing burger as he told us this in 2016. And the NY Times is dredging up old news and the left is drinking it up. LOL

How does somebody who makes $400k a year in a government job only pay $750 in taxes?

You don't know tax law do you. Ask you Democratic lawmakers as they were very instrumental in making up laws that helped the rich not to pay taxes.

I’m asking questions so that I can learn. Why don’t you give an answer instead of telling me to ask democratic lawmakers?

Because the lawmakers write in the deductions and the loopholes for the rich. That is how it is done. The rich writing laws for the rich. Then the rich hire tax attorneys that know the tax laws and codes. That way the rich find every write off and deduction, they find every depreciation and every year they are looking at cutting the tax bill for the next year. It is all legal and we need to hold Congress accountable for allowing this to happen. I find it incredibly stupid to blame anyone for taking every legal deduction they are allowed by law. I blame Congress for writing the laws.

I don’t think the issue is just about Trump legally taking his deductions. There is much more to the conversation

We need a CPA to discuss this.

So, as we can see, this story on Trump's taxes is a nothing burger as he told us this in 2016. And the NY Times is dredging up old news and the left is drinking it up. LOL

How does somebody who makes $400k a year in a government job only pay $750 in taxes?

Trump gives it to charity.

Right, but he gets the paycheck and then cuts another check to charity. Does he get paid with no taxes withheld? Does the charity contribution cancel out all taxes owed on the income?

I would have to ask an accountant, but when Earned Income = $0.00, what would you expect the tax bill to be?

Well I guess that depends on what you write off as expenses. His earned income for his White House job was $400k. Typically that gets taxed unless there is a valid expense that can be written off that is related to that job... or an applicable credit

The dude donates it. That's ZERO taxable income.

So if I worked a part time job and earned $20K in wages and Then donated $20k to charity are you saying I would owe $0 on that $20k that I earned?

No....he's not just donating it to charity.
He's refusing his pay.

He’s not allowed to refuse his pay. Look it up

I don't have to.
You can refuse your pay. There is no law that forces a federal employee to take their pay.
Reagan did it too....so Trump can and nothing you say can change that.

It’s actually in the constitution that a President can’t refuse their pay. You’re not doing yourself any favors by arguing from a position of ignorance. Stop bullshitting and actually try and learn about the subjects you engage in

Bullshit.
You are so full of shit.
You wish it was in the constitution so you could make up another lie how refusing your pay makes you a criminal.

Right, but he gets the paycheck and then cuts another check to charity. Does he get paid with no taxes withheld? Does the charity contribution cancel out all taxes owed on the income?

I would have to ask an accountant, but when Earned Income = $0.00, what would you expect the tax bill to be?

Well I guess that depends on what you write off as expenses. His earned income for his White House job was $400k. Typically that gets taxed unless there is a valid expense that can be written off that is related to that job... or an applicable credit

So if I worked a part time job and earned $20K in wages and Then donated $20k to charity are you saying I would owe $0 on that $20k that I earned?

That's correct, if it's a 501c charity. You would then have 0 net income and owe nothing. But usually you are limited in how much you CAN donate. 60% of AGI I believe.

But to Trump, 400K a year is a drop in the bucket. If he loses 25 million in one year, even if he donated 0 he would still have lost -24,600,000.

So even if Trump kept 40% of his salary as required by law, that would be about 170K. That's nothing to him.

It's cute how someone can claim they're worth $10 billion while going for so many years not making a profit.

Ask how Bill Gates is worth 80 billion.
He can't touch even 10 million without crashing MS stock.

Do you have any sort of evidence that he only paid $750 in taxes?

I’m just going off the article that’s being reported. Are you saying you don’t think that’s true? If so then why?
I'm very skeptical because that claim is taken from a fake news article published by the NYT, an organization that is notorious for publishing crude, defamatory anti-USA disinformation and propaganda.

And you even further distort their dubious claim.

Face it, you're a TDS afflicted moron.

How do you know it is a fake news article? Did you read it?

The assay of the article is self-contradictory.

Why’s that?

It plainly states that Trump is still very wealthy.
Actually, the OP stepped on his balls by explicitly stating that Trump is broke based on the Link.
In other words, the OP is an idiot.

Perhaps... but the tax returns could show that he has some concerning cash flow and debt issues as outlined in the article

Like "Russia" of course. Admit it: The only reason the left is concerned about Trump's taxes, is they they believe his returns will show Putin's pecker tracks all over them.

You people are wack. You're thoroughly convinced that Trump is "on the take" from Russia, yet you ignore all the money and influence those in your own party are receiving from China, the same country that poisoned the world.

I think the Left wants trumps tax returns for many reasons. First to show that he has been lying about how rich and successful he is, and also to show what kind of foreign lenders he is beholden to.

Who cares how much money he has or doesn't have . I didn't hire him to be my financial advisor, I hired him to run my country.

I’ll say it again. Many people feel like our country is set up and being run to unfairly advantage the rich and powerful. To see it done via the tax code highlights that.

Out problems started when we opened our borders.
Close the borders, pay goes up.

That was quite the subject change. You didn’t even try to be sly about it. Haha

Sometimes you show your lack of knowledge of economics...
The more labor, the lower the wage.
I presume your heart strings don't allow you to see that fact.
why are you talking about wages and immigration? We were talking about taxes

You: Many people feel like our country is set up and being run to unfairly advantage the rich and powerful. To see it done via the tax code highlights that.
I responded that politicians have achieved this by inundating our borders with cheap labor.
I suggest you jump off the Trespasser Sympathy Train if you want people to earn a decent wage.

Thank you. You showed that we were talking about the taxes and you randomly brought up immigration and wages. Can we get back to the discussion now?

He's refusing his pay.

He's not refusing it.

Yes I know... dumbass Mudwhistle says that he is

He's refusing his pay.

I don't have to.
You can refuse your pay. There is no law that forces a federal employee to take their pay.
Reagan did it too....so Trump can and nothing you say can change that.

It’s actually in the constitution that a President can’t refuse their pay. You’re not doing yourself any favors by arguing from a position of ignorance. Stop bullshitting and actually try and learn about the subjects you engage in

Bullshit.
You are so full of shit.
You wish it was in the constitution so you could make up another lie how refusing your pay makes you a criminal.

You’re embarrassing yourself and clearly don’t know what your talking about. You’re out of your league. Stop talking and go do your homework.

Do you have any sort of evidence that he only paid $750 in taxes?

I’m just going off the article that’s being reported. Are you saying you don’t think that’s true? If so then why?
I'm very skeptical because that claim is taken from a fake news article published by the NYT, an organization that is notorious for publishing crude, defamatory anti-USA disinformation and propaganda.

And you even further distort their dubious claim.

Face it, you're a TDS afflicted moron.

How do you know it is a fake news article? Did you read it?

The assay of the article is self-contradictory.

Why’s that?

It plainly states that Trump is still very wealthy.
Actually, the OP stepped on his balls by explicitly stating that Trump is broke based on the Link.
In other words, the OP is an idiot.

Perhaps... but the tax returns could show that he has some concerning cash flow and debt issues as outlined in the article

Like "Russia" of course. Admit it: The only reason the left is concerned about Trump's taxes, is they they believe his returns will show Putin's pecker tracks all over them.

You people are wack. You're thoroughly convinced that Trump is "on the take" from Russia, yet you ignore all the money and influence those in your own party are receiving from China, the same country that poisoned the world.

I think the Left wants trumps tax returns for many reasons. First to show that he has been lying about how rich and successful he is, and also to show what kind of foreign lenders he is beholden to.

Who cares how much money he has or doesn't have . I didn't hire him to be my financial advisor, I hired him to run my country.

I’ll say it again. Many people feel like our country is set up and being run to unfairly advantage the rich and powerful. To see it done via the tax code highlights that.

Out problems started when we opened our borders.
Close the borders, pay goes up.

That was quite the subject change. You didn’t even try to be sly about it. Haha

Sometimes you show your lack of knowledge of economics...
The more labor, the lower the wage.
I presume your heart strings don't allow you to see that fact.
why are you talking about wages and immigration? We were talking about taxes

You: Many people feel like our country is set up and being run to unfairly advantage the rich and powerful. To see it done via the tax code highlights that.
I responded that politicians have achieved this by inundating our borders with cheap labor.
I suggest you jump off the Trespasser Sympathy Train if you want people to earn a decent wage.

Thank you. You showed that we were talking about the taxes and you randomly brought up immigration and wages. Can we get back to the discussion now?

You are not emotionally neutral enough to discuss the core of the issue.

He was openly hiring people with Russian connections in the Summer of 2016.

He has openly asked Russia AND China for campaign help in 2016.

He has openly called McCain a loser for getting capture, so it should be no surprise that he called dead servicemen losers as well.

Nothing is a surprise, Trump is a scumbag.

Forum List

Back