Trump admitted mission to "discredit" press so public wouldn't believe negative stories. It works!

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017
Lesley Stahl says Donald Trump admitted attacking press to "discredit" media coverage of "negative stories" - CBS News

CBS "60 Minutes" correspondent Lesley Stahl has revealed a candid remark made to her by then-presidential candidate Donald Trump in 2016. Stahl told a group of fellow journalists at the Deadline Club Awards Dinner in New York City earlier this week that Mr. Trump had admitted his consistent attacks on the media were meant to "discredit" journalists so that negative stories about him would not be believed.

"He said, 'You know why I do it? I do it to discredit you all and demean you all so when you write negative stories about me, no one will believe you.' He said that," Stahl told the audience, adding, "So, put that in your head for a minute."

----------------------------

So naturally, Republicans would say that Trump would never admit to those words.

But you know he can't stop boasting. Trump doesn't even respect his base. He laughs at them. That's what a con man does. Remember when he said he could shoot someone? He wasn't kidding. He's mocking his minions. Who respects a minion?

Lesley Stahl says Donald Trump admitted attacking press to "discredit" media coverage of "negative stories" - CBS News

CBS "60 Minutes" correspondent Lesley Stahl has revealed a candid remark made to her by then-presidential candidate Donald Trump in 2016. Stahl told a group of fellow journalists at the Deadline Club Awards Dinner in New York City earlier this week that Mr. Trump had admitted his consistent attacks on the media were meant to "discredit" journalists so that negative stories about him would not be believed.

"He said, 'You know why I do it? I do it to discredit you all and demean you all so when you write negative stories about me, no one will believe you.' He said that," Stahl told the audience, adding, "So, put that in your head for a minute."

So naturally, Republicans would say that Trump would never admit to those words.

But you know he can't stop boasting. Trump doesn't even respect his base. He laughs at them. That's what a con man does. Remember when he said he could shoot someone? He wasn't kidding. He's mocking his minions. Who respects a minion?
Sure it works, but only on the stupid people.

Trump’s governing style is incompatible with a free press. He’s started us down the slippery road a totaliterian will eventually take advantage of if we grow complacent.

Why’s Leslie got her panties soiled over it?

So it’s okay for the media to trash anyone with unsourced allegations that can potentially negatively influence millions of people while ruining the trashee’s life, reputation, etc., but no one’s allowed to trash the elites of mediadom? Okay, got it.

Look at the monkeys dance. Dan Rather? :lol:

Careful though - This is Be Nice to Minions week.

nfHHdQu.gif

Trump's minions pick a single something from years ago.

But Trump lies many times a DAY.

In their tiny minds, that means for Trump, it's OK.

Why’s Leslie got her panties soiled over it?

So it’s okay for the media to trash anyone with unsourced allegations that can potentially negatively influence millions of people while ruining the trashee’s life, reputation, etc., but no one’s allowed to trash the elites of mediadom? Okay, got it.
If you are going to trash someone at least make sure they deserve it.

Admit it, you have a secret crush on Trump, don't you?

Forum List

Back