Trump administration weighs blocking TikTok in the U.S.

Most other social media apps gather the same data that TikTok gathers. So if someone wants to be paranoid, they should be paranoid about everything.

Most other social media apps gather the same data that TikTok gathers. So if someone wants to be paranoid, they should be paranoid about everything.

Do you have evidence of this? Because what they have viewed as transmitted data, was a ton more than what any other social media programmed gathered.

One example of many, would be that it transmitted back to the company, a list of the other apps on your phone. Facebook, Twitter, so on, does not do this, as far as I am aware.

Do you have anything that supports your claim? I'm all open to reading up.

In recent weeks, we have seen reports emerge suggesting that TikTok is “Chinese spyware,” alleging that the app steals data from users’ devices and sends it to China. This is certainly not proven and almost certainly not true on any level, at least not in the way it is presented. TikTok does have two serious failings, though, and both should give its hundreds of millions of users reason for concern.

First, as with all platforms of its kind, TikTok occasionally releases software with security vulnerabilities that need to be urgently fixed. Earlier this year, the cyber sleuths at market-leader Check Point issued a warning over a “severe” risk in the way TikTok messaged its users. TikTok patched the issue. And while that same issue would garner serious headlines now, it didn't back then. That’s unsurprising. The same Check Point team has flagged issued with Microsoft, WhatsApp and even Philips Hue lightbulbs in recent months. It’s par for the course.

Trump said any TikTok / Microsoft deal would have to include a "substantial amount of money" coming to the US Treasury.

Last edited:
Sounds like some gang banging shit.

If Microsoft goes through with the sale you can bet there will be a content change and then it won't be worth a damn anymore. If there is one thing that the elite squad cannot stand, it's that they aren't controlling what we say, think or do.

They are both morons. It's a young persons blah dee blah blah blah :rolleyes:. It's not. It would be moronic to ban the app.

I think you know where this about to go.

Trump is a moron, yes. Cancel culture eh Mr. Trump?

Do you guys even know the subject youre talking about? If you think this has anything at all to do with censorship, youre a complete fucking moron. Go do some research and dont comment again until you know the reason for banning tik tok. You arent qualified to be in this debate.

They are both morons. It's a young persons blah dee blah blah blah :rolleyes:. It's not. It would be moronic to ban the app.

I think you know where this about to go.

Trump is a moron, yes. Cancel culture eh Mr. Trump?

Do you guys even know the subject youre talking about? If you think this has anything at all to do with censorship, youre a complete fucking moron. Go do some research and dont comment again until you know the reason for banning tik tok. You arent qualified to be in this debate.

I do. But, just for shits and giggles do tell.

Forum List

Back