Trump administration asks Supreme Court to shield secret Mueller grand jury materials

berg80

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2017
The Trump administration on Thursday asked the Supreme Court to shield redacted grand jury materials related to former special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia probe from the Democratic-led House.

The 37-page request, filed by the Justice Department, asks the justices to temporarily block the release of transcripts and other documents that Democratic lawmakers initially requested as part of the House impeachment inquiry into President Trump.

The move comes after a federal appeals court in Washington ruled earlier this year that the administration could not keep under wraps certain materials stemming from Mueller's 22-month investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election.
......................................................................................................................
If the Roberts' court overturns the lower court ruling it will, once again, be breaking with precedent. The grand jury documents in the Nixon impeachment were given to Congress. Justice Department asks judge to block House from getting Mueller grand jury materials, says Watergate decision was wrong

This matter comes to our attention at the same time Rep. Adam Schiff was being falsely accused of withholding transcripts from the Russia interference hearings. Transcripts that up until Tuesday of this week were being tied up by the ODNI as they reviewed the documents to ensure no sensitive material was released to the public.

The question I'm asking myself is why the continued objection by the WH over the release of the materials? I ask this not because I assume there is nothing potentially harmful to Billy the Bagman's fatuous mis-characterization of Mueller's findings. Quite to the contrary. I ask because I'm not sure why Team Trump is concerned.

After all, Team Trump and the right wing media cohort under his control has ostensibly convinced the fawning minions that Mike Flynn is innocent of the crime he plead guilty to. No small feat. It took months of preparing the ground for such an act of turning reality on its head. Months of right wing media lies and distortions of the truth to convince people of what Barr would eventually say. That he felt the DOJ would have a hard time proving a case to which the defendant had admitted he did in fact commit the crime. The signed admission of his guilt is a document that's part of the public record.

So when you have the ability to convince your base that black is red and down is sideways what possible threat do these documents pose?

The Trump administration on Thursday asked the Supreme Court to shield redacted grand jury materials related to former special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia probe from the Democratic-led House.

The 37-page request, filed by the Justice Department, asks the justices to temporarily block the release of transcripts and other documents that Democratic lawmakers initially requested as part of the House impeachment inquiry into President Trump.

The move comes after a federal appeals court in Washington ruled earlier this year that the administration could not keep under wraps certain materials stemming from Mueller's 22-month investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election.
......................................................................................................................
If the Roberts' court overturns the lower court ruling it will, once again, be breaking with precedent. The grand jury documents in the Nixon impeachment were given to Congress. Justice Department asks judge to block House from getting Mueller grand jury materials, says Watergate decision was wrong

This matter comes to our attention at the same time Rep. Adam Schiff was being falsely accused of withholding transcripts from the Russia interference hearings. Transcripts that up until Tuesday of this week were being tied up by the ODNI as they reviewed the documents to ensure no sensitive material was released to the public.

The question I'm asking myself is why the continued objection by the WH over the release of the materials? I ask this not because I assume there is nothing potentially harmful to Billy the Bagman's fatuous mis-characterization of Mueller's findings. Quite to the contrary. I ask because I'm not sure why Team Trump is concerned.

After all, Team Trump and the right wing media cohort under his control has ostensibly convinced the fawning minions that Mike Flynn is innocent of the crime he plead guilty to. No small feat. It took months of preparing the ground for such an act of turning reality on its head. Months of right wing media lies and distortions of the truth to convince people of what Barr would eventually say. That he felt the DOJ would have a hard time proving a case to which the defendant had admitted he did in fact commit the crime. The signed admission of his guilt is a document that's part of the public record.

So when you have the ability to convince your base that black is red and down is sideways what possible threat do these documents pose?
You remember when Mueller was going to be the downfall of Trump? LOL

You remember when Mueller was going to be the downfall of Trump?
Well, all patriotic Americans hoped his report would be revelatory with regard to the Trump campaign's nefarious activities. And for the most part it was.

Unfortunately, what happened after the report was released was a national disgrace. There was the Bagman's duplicity in mischaracterizing what it said, Trump gloating over the mischaracterizition, and finally the fiasco of Repub senators shitting on their sworn duty to uphold their oaths of office by acquitting a guilty man.

Because President Trump knows how to push your buttons. You’ll foam at the mouth demanding these transcripts be released, hoping for that “we got’em!” evidence you’ve been fantasizing about for four years. Then when they are released, you’ll get another big nothing burger served to you.

You remember when Mueller was going to be the downfall of Trump?
Well, all patriotic Americans hoped his report would be revelatory with regard to the Trump campaign's nefarious activities. And for the most part it was.

Unfortunately, what happened after the report was released was a national disgrace. There was the Bagman's duplicity in mischaracterizing what it said, Trump gloating over the mischaracterizition, and finally the fiasco of Repub senators shitting on their sworn duty to uphold their oaths of office by acquitting a guilty man.
ungug.jpg

"filed by the Justice Department, asks the justices to temporarily block the release of transcripts".
Do you understand what the word 'temporarily' means ASSHOLE? HAAA HAAAAA!
When the JD has finished vetting the documents for classified material the documents will be released.
Then you can claim the 'documents' were personally made up by President Trump.

"filed by the Justice Department, asks the justices to temporarily block the release of transcripts".
"In its court filing Thursday, the administration told the Supreme Court it would be filing a forthcoming appeal of the lower court ruling, and asked justices to shield the grand jury materials until they after they’ve had time to consider a formal petition."

Proving you fucktards are ignorant of the facts is like shooting ducks in a barrel.

"In its court filing Thursday, the administration told the Supreme Court it would be filing a forthcoming appeal of the lower court ruling, and asked justices to shield the grand jury materials until they after they’ve had time to consider a formal petition."

Proving you fucktards are ignorant of the facts is like shooting ducks in a barrel.
Mr. Transparent has something to hide.

Mr. Transparent has something to hide.
Why wasn't Erik Prince investigated by Billy the Bagman?

Because Prince is Betsy DeVoss' sister.

Forum List

Back