True Interpretation of the 2nd Amendment

True Interpretation of the 2nd Amendment in laments terms:

The Right To Bear Arms

Lets say YOU as a normal average person were to speak out against a Wealthy Person, I then get a Cartel or some sort of local Mafia involved to go to your house, tie you up, RAPE and Pillage your family as you watched.
The very next day, YOU WOULD LEARN TO KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT.

But here in the Untied States the Second Amendment has been misinterpreted so now all the Sheeple in this land have sophisticated firearms & modern weaponry equal to or greater than Cartel's & Mafia's, so now when I try to order them to go to your house to teach you a lesson, they will risk Serious Injury or even Death, this make it much more expensive to or even impossible to SHUT YOU UP.

Yes the American Sheeple have the Right To Bear Arms, so if I was to tell the Cartel or Mafia guys to cut off your hands, they would have to do so at the base of your wrist, thus preserving YOUR arm.............. Thus the Right to Bear Arms, it doesn't say anything about Sheeple being allow to own sophisticated firearms & modern weaponry at all.

This is why the confiscation of all Fire Arms from American Sheeple should be employed, and I say ALL guns including Flint Lock Muskets......... anything that can be used in self defense, because technically......... TECHNICALLY YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO OWN GUNS.

Dear luosT_tcR in addition to the criminal oppression you describe
our nation still faces the equivalent in terms of civil and corporate oppression.

When media, political parties, and the LEGAL system of defense
is monopolized by corporate interests buying out politicians, media and judges/courts
then we have this going on with lack of equal legal defense to protect ourselves and representation, from "bigger bullies" such as in your scenario.

I watched an entire community in a nationally registered historic landmark site
bulldozed down to a few remaining churches because of corporate collusion and monopoly with local govt bought out by developer interests not treated equally as other citizens.

None of us can acquire legal representation much less equal defense or time in court much less a win. Because of professional conflicts of interest both financially and politically between lawyers judges and govt.

The "bigger bully" wins using means that are not checked by govt as abuses of power
or public resources/authority, but are "legalized" by govt and lawyers who defend the source of bigger financial backing or tax revenues, while there is nothing to defend the interests and rights of regular working citizens (who also pay for the legal defense of city govts against us in lawsuits, if you can see the outrageous injustice in that)

Where is equal protection of the laws between citizens and bigger corporate interests?

If anything, instead of abolishing the 2nd amendment
it should be EXPANDED to protect equal right to defense in ALL forms
including LEGAL defense equal to oppressive threats by larger groups especially govt and corporations with unequal resources and influence,
and mediation and consensus to defend political beliefs from infringement by equal creeds or beliefs of opponents.

If Trump and Clinton took this on, we'd see real quick who is for equality and who is for continued monopoly, by which competing interests, on our democratic process, media and govt!!!

Isn't it funny Bundy is a hero, and the kneelers are crap. First is a guy who thinks he is above the law and doesn't pay taxes, and the second is to draw attention to racial injustice by the police, the former is armed, the latter only kneels.
The former is a patriot, those on their knees are not.
/——/ Trump pays more in taxes in one year than you will earn in a lifetime

And Trumps taxes are relevant to Penelope's post how?

Oh, and how do you know how much tax Trump pays?

The Right To Bear Arms

Lets say YOU as a normal average person were to speak out against a Wealthy Person, I then get a Cartel or some sort of local Mafia involved to go to your house, tie you up, RAPE and Pillage your family as you watched.

But here in the Untied States the Second Amendment has been misinterpreted so now all the Sheeple in this land have sophisticated firearms & modern weaponry equal to or greater than Cartel's & Mafia's, so now when I try to order them to go to your house to teach you a lesson, they will risk Serious Injury or even Death, this make it much more expensive to or even impossible to SHUT YOU UP.

Yes the American Sheeple have the Right To Bear Arms, so if I was to tell the Cartel or Mafia guys to cut off your hands, they would have to do so at the base of your wrist, thus preserving YOUR arm.............. Thus the Right to Bear Arms, it doesn't say anything about Sheeple being allow to own sophisticated firearms & modern weaponry at all.

This is why the confiscation of all Fire Arms from American Sheeple should be employed, and I say ALL guns including Flint Lock Muskets......... anything that can be used in self defense, because technically......... TECHNICALLY YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO OWN GUNS.

our nation still faces the equivalent in terms of civil and corporate oppression.

is monopolized by corporate interests buying out politicians, media and judges/courts
then we have this going on with lack of equal legal defense to protect ourselves and representation, from "bigger bullies" such as in your scenario.

bulldozed down to a few remaining churches because of corporate collusion and monopoly with local govt bought out by developer interests not treated equally as other citizens.

None of us can acquire legal representation much less equal defense or time in court much less a win. Because of professional conflicts of interest both financially and politically between lawyers judges and govt.

The "bigger bully" wins using means that are not checked by govt as abuses of power
or public resources/authority, but are "legalized" by govt and lawyers who defend the source of bigger financial backing or tax revenues, while there is nothing to defend the interests and rights of regular working citizens (who also pay for the legal defense of city govts against us in lawsuits, if you can see the outrageous injustice in that)

Where is equal protection of the laws between citizens and bigger corporate interests?

including LEGAL defense equal to oppressive threats by larger groups especially govt and corporations with unequal resources and influence,
and mediation and consensus to defend political beliefs from infringement by equal creeds or beliefs of opponents.

If Trump and Clinton took this on, we'd see real quick who is for equality and who is for continued monopoly, by which competing interests, on our democratic process, media and govt!!!

Isn't it funny Bundy is a hero, and the kneelers are crap. First is a guy who thinks he is above the law and doesn't pay taxes, and the second is to draw attention to racial injustice by the police, the former is armed, the latter only kneels.

/——/ Then who does the Trump hater claims pays no taxes? If she didn’t mean Trump then I’ll apologize.

The Right To Bear Arms

Probably not much, I infer that in 05 year is the only year he paid taxes and I also infer that he himself sent them to Maddow.

This post is about the second amendment not Trumps taxes which he doesn't pay.

The Right To Bear Arms

/——/ Then who does the Trump hater claims pays no taxes? If she didn’t mean Trump then I’ll apologize.

"Isn't it funny Bundy is a hero, and the kneelers are crap. First is a guy who thinks he is above the law and doesn't pay taxes, and the second is to draw attention to racial injustice by the police, the former is armed, the latter only kneels."

It sounds to me like she is talking about Bundy.

The Right To Bear Arms

Probably not much, I infer that in 05 year is the only year he paid taxes and I also infer that he himself sent them to Maddow.

/----/ Sorry I thought you were talking about Trump. I deleted the post.

No! - Just keep arming the crazies & they will cull the sheeple for you. This is why the first words state:"A well regulated"

This is why the first words state:"A well regulated"
Which is as far as far too many people get,

They somehow miss, ''The right of the People"
"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials."
— George Mason, in Debates in Virginia Convention on Ratification of the Constitution, Elliot, Vol. 3, June 16, 1788

Just a tidbit of history for you. Your hero, George Mason, does not represent much of what the US Constitution actually says. That is why he refused to sign it.

And actually, George Mason wrote a precursor to the 2nd amendment.
from: Mason, Madison, and Militias: A Progressive for a Right to Bear Arms « The Stanford Progressive
"The predecessor to Madison’s Second Amendment came from dissenter George Mason’s proposals at the 1788 Virginia Ratifying Convention. In Section 17 of the proposal, Mason combined, word for word, a portion of the Massachusetts’ Declaration of Rights stating that the people have a right “to keep and to bear arms” with Article 13 from Virginia’s Declaration of Rights (which he also helped write) concerning a well-regulated militia as the defense against a standing army."
why should Anyone take the right wing wing seriously, story teller?

why not learn how to use a dictionary to learn how to tell better stories?

Militia of the People=a military force that is raised from the civil population to supplement a regular army in an emergency. And, the whole body of Persons declared by law as being subject to call to military service

*Definition of MILITIA

Dear danielpalos
One belief of the rightwing that I encourage all people of all views to take seriously
is the concept of natural laws that govern us as human beings independent of
these universal laws being written down and taught through church and state traditions.

We all WANT free exercise of our beliefs, which is our free will and free choice
to dissent or consent as we BELIEVE is right for us and/or for others.
We all naturally defend this free will by our human nature.

that is what the rightwing mean by naturally self-existent liberty
(they call it given by God, but nontheists can call it given by Nature, where Nature is God).

We all believe in DUE PROCESS before being deprived of our life liberty or property.
Again this natural right and process is written into the Bill of Rights as necessary to
defend from govt infringement, but this democratic process exists by the nature
of us being people who live together in society and require some means of managing
when we have conflicts and need to communicate to settle on AGREED TERMS.

The main difference between left and right,
while both believe people are the govt,
the right pushes for people to be the authority and govt is supposed to reflect our consent.
the left pushes for govt to be the central authority that establishes collective will
for the people to follow.

IN order to satisfy both sides, we need AGREEMENT between
people and the govt laws, so neither is imposing on the other.
And both are right: both the govt reflects the will of the people but not imposing it,
and whatever we establish as the collective will of the people becomes law we agree on.
Yes, law is subject to collective agreement. It is subject to human interpretation. Law, being language, is living and developing all the time. Concepts morph and evolve. Look at the Constitution closely. It starts with, "We, the people...". Those who want to freeze the Constitution in the eighteenth century, who refuse to recognize a living document, inherently intend that the people indicated in those words at that time are the same "people" of today. Quite obviously, that is not the case. The people who wrote and ratified the Constitution were of one, exclusive minority. The voting public, those eligible to have taxation with representation, was small and exclusive.
Today, that voting, represented public is composed of the majority. It is women and other large segments of the population that were outside the group of "people" who made decisions 'back then'. There is no way to seriously claim that 'original intent' can always be applied. It cannot be seriously, honestly maintained that we, today, be slaves to concepts and verbiage from hundreds of years ago. Trying to so rigidly function will only bring about sharp, unwanted and unnecessary over reaction.

Which is as far as far too many people get,

They somehow miss, ''The right of the People"
"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials."
— George Mason, in Debates in Virginia Convention on Ratification of the Constitution, Elliot, Vol. 3, June 16, 1788

Just a tidbit of history for you. Your hero, George Mason, does not represent much of what the US Constitution actually says. That is why he refused to sign it.

And actually, George Mason wrote a precursor to the 2nd amendment.
from: Mason, Madison, and Militias: A Progressive for a Right to Bear Arms « The Stanford Progressive
"The predecessor to Madison’s Second Amendment came from dissenter George Mason’s proposals at the 1788 Virginia Ratifying Convention. In Section 17 of the proposal, Mason combined, word for word, a portion of the Massachusetts’ Declaration of Rights stating that the people have a right “to keep and to bear arms” with Article 13 from Virginia’s Declaration of Rights (which he also helped write) concerning a well-regulated militia as the defense against a standing army."
why should Anyone take the right wing wing seriously, story teller?

why not learn how to use a dictionary to learn how to tell better stories?

Militia of the People=a military force that is raised from the civil population to supplement a regular army in an emergency. And, the whole body of Persons declared by law as being subject to call to military service

*Definition of MILITIA

Dear danielpalos
One belief of the rightwing that I encourage all people of all views to take seriously
is the concept of natural laws that govern us as human beings independent of
these universal laws being written down and taught through church and state traditions.

We all WANT free exercise of our beliefs, which is our free will and free choice
to dissent or consent as we BELIEVE is right for us and/or for others.
We all naturally defend this free will by our human nature.

that is what the rightwing mean by naturally self-existent liberty
(they call it given by God, but nontheists can call it given by Nature, where Nature is God).

We all believe in DUE PROCESS before being deprived of our life liberty or property.
Again this natural right and process is written into the Bill of Rights as necessary to
defend from govt infringement, but this democratic process exists by the nature
of us being people who live together in society and require some means of managing
when we have conflicts and need to communicate to settle on AGREED TERMS.

The main difference between left and right,
while both believe people are the govt,
the right pushes for people to be the authority and govt is supposed to reflect our consent.
the left pushes for govt to be the central authority that establishes collective will
for the people to follow.

IN order to satisfy both sides, we need AGREEMENT between
people and the govt laws, so neither is imposing on the other.
And both are right: both the govt reflects the will of the people but not imposing it,
and whatever we establish as the collective will of the people becomes law we agree on.
Yes, law is subject to collective agreement. It is subject to human interpretation. Law, being language, is living and developing all the time. Concepts morph and evolve. Look at the Constitution closely. It starts with, "We, the people...". Those who want to freeze the Constitution in the eighteenth century, who refuse to recognize a living document, inherently intend that the people indicated in those words at that time are the same "people" of today. Quite obviously, that is not the case. The people who wrote and ratified the Constitution were of one, exclusive minority. The voting public, those eligible to have taxation with representation, was small and exclusive.
Today, that voting, represented public is composed of the majority. It is women and other large segments of the population that were outside the group of "people" who made decisions 'back then'. There is no way to seriously claim that 'original intent' can always be applied. It cannot be seriously, honestly maintained that we, today, be slaves to concepts and verbiage from hundreds of years ago. Trying to so rigidly function will only bring about sharp, unwanted and unnecessary over reaction.
/----/ "Those who want to freeze the Constitution in the eighteenth century, " Careful, democRATs may take that logic to overturn the 13th Amendment and reintroduce slavery.
1234.jpg

/----/ Sorry I thought you were talking about Trump. I deleted the post.

I admire someone who can admit when they were wrong. Well done. We need more people who do this.

The Right To Bear Arms

Now that's the funniest thing I've heard since Obamacare

The Right To Bear Arms

/——/ The First Amendment doesn’t say anything about Libtards using social media to spread their Progressive agenda so STFU.
TIA

The Right To Bear Arms

Dear Penelope
1. Likewise, the players like Tebow kneeling in prayer were also criticized and namecalled for doing this on the field before cameras/in the media.

No one was against people making statements as individuals.
But as a professional team being PAID to represent a franchise on national TV,
yes, the management has the right to enforce polices on PUBLIC expression
when it's on paid TV as part of their business.

When I work for any other company, they also have the right to bar employees from making public statements "while REPRESENTING THAT COMPANY"

you can protest all you want to as an individual or independent group,
but when in uniform that represents a professional team, that is different.

2. as for Bundy and taking up arms against the govt, to me the real heroes
and role models are the ones who can negotiate and settle conflicts
without the threat of force but enforcing laws through civil obedience not disobedience.

if more people and leaders on left and right united in agreement to enforce
Constitutional laws and principles, maybe we'd see more successful conflict resolution
instead of bullying to dominate one side over another. anyone can start a war,
but it takes a real principled leader to make peace by settling conflicts to satisfy all sides.

that to me is the standard for equal protection of the laws under the Constitution.
Very few people make the cut, or as they say in the Bible, the
gate of righteousness is very narrow and few shall find it. but the
path of destruction is broad and most of the world goes that way.

anyone can argue my side is right and the other group is wrong.

How many people can truly find and enforce a solution that
represents all sides and all people of all groups equally and inclusively?

but that is what we promise when we say "equal justice under law"and equal
inclusion/representation of all people for govt to truly represent the public interest.

Last edited:
This thread sucked two years ago, and it still sucks today. The OP was wrong then and is still wrong today.

And what the fuck is "laments terms"?

A pox on whomever resurrected this POS thread...

Forum List

Back