Trudeau's government announces he will ban foreign investors from buying homes in Canada for 2 years in bid to cool off hot housing market

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
A real estate crash is not going to help ordinary folks unless we ban investors from buying homes.

Wealthy investors bought up entire neighbourhoods after the 2007-08 crash. Now they're overpriced poorly-maintained rentals.

A real estate crash is not going to help ordinary folks unless we ban investors from buying homes.

Wealthy investors bought up entire neighbourhoods after the 2007-08 crash. Now they're overpriced poorly-maintained rentals.

I wish that we could do this in Wales.

I should be outraged at this anti-American law....but some US states ban or greatly restrict ownership of land by non citizens, particularly agricultural lands Regulation on foreign ownership of agricultural land: A state-by-state breakdown - Investigate Midwest

I just hope that applies to all markets everywhere. The provincial government here had a similar law, but only applied it to certain regions, causing me to question its constitutionality.

Forum List

Back