Trudeau warns U.S. over restricting the trade of essential goods into Canada

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Years after I warned Canada about our own direction and abuses of foreign allies, we now see what happens in a pandemic. Last week our Premier talked about how we have the "best engineers, the best innovation" and a bunch of other platitudes that all Canadians with half a brain know is B.S. So, he just assumed all these companies would produce locally.

He made a public plea, but of course, since nobody innovates or engineers, we asked foreign governments and businesses if we could patent their products and produce it here. Sounds reasonable, right? Unfortunately these companies (most in Europe) told us to go stuff ourselves. IP protections never stop, even in pandemics.

So, this engineering ingenuity hasn't happened. Few care about our country, this is why the entire Federal arm of Service Canada (where people went to apply for economic relief) ALL walked off the job just as they were most needed as people were getting stimulus money. Some patriots. Me, me me

Trump stopped 3M from shipping millions of masks to Ontario because obviously the U.S needs them. Also, you might ask, is 3M price gouging foreign govts? The logic and planning skills of Canadian leaders has always been lacking, now we scramble just as the peak of this virus is on it's way. From a decimated energy industry to lost innovation, it's been sad to watch. Don't ever follow in our footsteps. I've had my life destroyed here while people pretended to give a shyte about this country.

Unfortunately for Canada, Trump is doing the right thing, he's looking after his citizens. Would we allow millions of masks to be shipped to England? Of course not. We need them. So do you. It's the reality of the world right now. Innovate or suffer.

If there are any Canadians on here who think I'm a traitor, you know where you can go. I've only spoken the truth and if you knew what I know and what I've been through, you would be ashamed. Now we see consequences of a Canada that has never given a damn about civil liberties, justice, or, one another. It's not fun when other nations maintain the same attitude, is it?

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau sent a warning to the Trump administration to keep the Canada-U.S. border open for the trade of essential goods after medical manufacturer 3M said it is being forced to stop exporting N95 face masks.

At a news conference on Friday, Mr. Trudeau said that blocking trade to Canada could backfire and “end up hurting Americans as much as it hurts anybody else.”

“The level of integration between our economies goes both ways across the border. We are receiving essential supplies from the United States, but the United States also receives essential supplies and products – and indeed, health-care professionals – from Canada every single day,” he said. “It would be a mistake to create blockages or reduce the amount of back-and-forth trade in essential goods and services, including medical goods, across our border.”

Last edited:
Should Justine toss a used eyebrow at The Donald in an act of protest?

Premier Ford says he's going to call Trump, probably already did so as his daily press conference is over. When asked how he might retaliate, he didn't have a response. Why? America, for all of your dependence on China is exponentially more self sufficient than Canada. What can Ford do that would hurt America? Stop allowing American companies to employ Canadians here while the covert police operate in these companies?

Canadas fossil system decided it was easier to have our manufacturers move to China, make stuff there on the cheap and with low quality (such as steel), ship it back to Canada, and, via NAFTA, sell it to America via "Free Trade". Nothing more than a Middle Man making bank. Who needs innovation when we can just mark up junk made in China to sell into the U.S?

Here is the problem, it's ALL of Canadas fault. We allowed our system to maintain controls over our citizens, it's driven our most talented out of the country. I'm not exaggerating when I say that. Some of you might find it humorous when I type these posts out, but I'm telling you with no word of a lie, we are literally collapsing economically. You hear it in the voices of state run CBC where many operatives are employed. It's like the Stasi in the hours before the Berlin Wall came down.

Any potential economic collapse will coincide, hand in hand with the collapse of civil liberties and justice. A heavily paid, 6 figure+ salary army of covert kakistocracy agents. There is no loyalty here. Lives and careers are destroyed for the benefit of their families. Few of them impressive by any metric.

Last edited:
I used to have sympathy for Canada being treated as a red-headed stepchild by Britain and France. Maybe that is why it chose its path of being a constant self-righteous critic of the U.S. But in so doing, it has undermined its relevance as an ally and trading partner.

Last edited:
I used to have sympathy for Canada being treated as a red-headed stepchild by Britain and France. Maybe that is why it chose its current path of being a constant self-righteous critic of the U.S. But in so doing, it has undermined its relevance as an ally and trading partner.

What I told our PM Harper, and then subsequent politicians in years past when begging for help and making my case, "not only is what we doing in U.S corporations here dangerous for our relationships with our allies (especially the U.S), but, we have allowed our covert police to illustrate that we are NOT a nation of civil liberties, Due Process, Rule of Law or justice.

The question I always reiterated was, "if I know this, our allies know this or are at least figuring it out, how can they trust us?". It's been clear that we are more closely aligned in some civil liberty aspects with China, or certainly the former East Germany. All this done is destroy our nation so that a few unimpressive low performers and predators can do well for themselves and their families.

Even after this pandemic you won't see changes. The nation is too far gone. There is absolutely no justifiable reason that citizens like myself, with a degree, endless work ethic and a former MBA student should have their dreams, aspirations and ambitions sidelined. I can't express enough how evil and vile it is. It eats a man alive.

Years after I warned Canada about our own direction and abuses of foreign allies, we now see what happens in a pandemic. Last week our Premier talked about how we have the "best engineers, the best innovation" and a bunch of other platitudes that all Canadians with half a brain know is B.S. So, he just assumed all these companies would produce locally.

He made a public plea, but of course, since nobody innovates or engineers, we asked foreign governments and businesses if we could patent their products and produce it here. Sounds reasonable, right? Unfortunately these companies (most in Europe) told us to go stuff ourselves. IP protections never stop, even in pandemics.

So, this engineering ingenuity hasn't happened. Few care about our country, this is why the entire Federal arm of Service Canada (where people went to apply for economic relief) ALL walked off the job just as they were most needed as people were getting stimulus money. Some patriots. Me, me me

Trump stopped 3M from shipping millions of masks to Ontario because obviously the U.S needs them. Also, you might ask, is 3M price gouging foreign govts? The logic and planning skills of Canadian leaders has always been lacking, now we scramble just as the peak of this virus is on it's way. From a decimated energy industry to lost innovation, it's been sad to watch. Don't ever follow in our footsteps. I've had my life destroyed here while people pretended to give a shyte about this country.

Unfortunately for Canada, Trump is doing the right thing, he's looking after his citizens. Would we allow millions of masks to be shipped to England? Of course not. We need them. So do you. It's the reality of the world right now. Innovate or suffer.

If there are any Canadians on here who think I'm a traitor, you know where you can go. I've only spoken the truth and if you knew what I know and what I've been through, you would be ashamed. Now we see consequences of a Canada that has never given a damn about civil liberties, justice, or, one another. It's not fun when other nations maintain the same attitude, is it?

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau sent a warning to the Trump administration to keep the Canada-U.S. border open for the trade of essential goods after medical manufacturer 3M said it is being forced to stop exporting N95 face masks.

At a news conference on Friday, Mr. Trudeau said that blocking trade to Canada could backfire and “end up hurting Americans as much as it hurts anybody else.”

“The level of integration between our economies goes both ways across the border. We are receiving essential supplies from the United States, but the United States also receives essential supplies and products – and indeed, health-care professionals – from Canada every single day,” he said. “It would be a mistake to create blockages or reduce the amount of back-and-forth trade in essential goods and services, including medical goods, across our border.”

I thought tacky Trudeau closed his border between the US and Canada?

I thought tacky Trudeau closed his border between the US and Canada?

Trade was still available. This was because we knew we needed food from Mexico in particular, and, we also knew that Europe had denied us everything from trade to simply borrowing their trade mark for making masks.

The so-called industry adviser told CBC they told him to basically F himself when he asked European companies if we could produce their product here, with their brand labelling etc. They surely don't trust Canada with the process, or their engineering designs.

I can't help but think of how uninnovative we are, but then I consider what has happened to me and it's a reminder these predators don't give a damn, they "play the game" for their benefit and politicians think it makes them look weak to demand accountability and human rights. Destroying others lives is a sport for them as they know there is nowhere to turn to. They've convinced the U.S enforcement agencies that "we are just like you". They aren't. They've perverted the profession here and I guarantee you many in the U.S know this. Europe does for certain.

We have been going backwards for 30 years, it's accelerated as the potential payoff for the laziest in our society to be part of the big government patsy apparatus (including and especially covert police) is greater than ever. Canadians are most worried as we know that post-virus, we are going to become even more insignificant as our horse and buggy system remind the world "we have little to offer you but interference in your businesses".

We can't even call China out for their lies. It's beyond the pale.

Maybe Trudoo can get with Madoodoo and fight the US with Venezuelans vast naval capabilities ? tRump can call Nugent and Kid Rock to take them all out via Jeeps.
Maybe MTV can be the new mainstream media ?

If Trump does that there are a lot of things you need from Canada that i withold. Potash being one - your food growing capacity would be destroyed without it. I would shut off power to the Northeast for a couple of days to see how that would fare. We also have mass deposits of uranium both for weapons and medical purpose that i would withold indefinitely

I live in an area that produces potash. I would make shittons of money if the price if imported potash wasnt so low, and I would only have to lease out my land to do so.
The uraninum mines and mills on the Navajo Nation could reopen for the same reasons.
That said, Canada and the USA will work this out, we always do.

What is he going to do? Stand in the street and throw a hissy fit?

Fuck him.

Yeah, but by the time you do produce medical isotopes, which canada leads by a hefty margin, it would be all over for many. With regards to potash, i'm sure you do realize the vast reserves Canada has compared to the potential us reserves. Your economy would gobble up your reserves and furthermore the higher cost would drive up the cost of agricultural goods significantly to the point that there would be certain parts of your society that could no longer afford food. I'm sure they will work it out and hope that that is the case. I and many other canadians will remember this though.

Yeah, but by the time you do produce medical isotopes, which canada leads by a hefty margin, it would be all over for many. With regards to potash, i'm sure you do realize the vast reserves Canada has compared to the potential us reserves. Your economy would gobble up your reserves and furthermore the higher cost would drive up the cost of agricultural goods significantly to the point that there would be certain parts of your society that could no longer afford food. I'm sure they will work it out and hope that that is the case. I and many other canadians will remember this though.

Fair enough. I don't know if you've followed my posts or saga, but if you've ever heard me out before, will you remember my story, or does my life not matter? In a country that presents itself as some great champion of civil liberties, Rule of Law, due process and accountability, my life, and many others like me I'm sure, deserve to be free. When we aren't, you will expect us to express this truth and our resentment, to all of our allies.

So, you can bet many in Europe and America (I've reached to the highest level and in between on both continents), after hearing about how we operate are saying the same. "We might not be able to help you (though some have been quite helpful tbh), but we are listening".

I've read many of your posts. No offence intended, but you seem to suffer from undiagnosed schizophrenia and, at the very least, suffer a persecution complex that is completely baseless.

I've read many of your posts. No offence intended, but you seem to suffer from undiagnosed schizophrenia and, at the very least, suffer a persecution complex that is completely baseless.

So now I know your angle, thank you.

Now, how do you know that it is "completely baseless"?

Well the pesident said today he wasn't blocking shipment of ppe to countries in need. I cannot imagine refusing to ship to Canada. We will see.

We should be cool about this. The relationship between the US and Canada is far more important than if Canadians like Trump or if the US likes Trudeau.

Who gives a f—k what that Chinese ass kissing stooge, Turdeau says. He sent China 16 tones of medical equipment in February.

All while he does nothing about two Canadians being held hostage in China for over a year:

Forum List

Back