Truck in Iowa Runs Over Protester

Oh so you're ENCOURAGING OTHERS to do violence...
I encourage everyone to shoot terrorists ON THE SPOT.

Kill them dead.

We don't need terrorists running around threatening our children.

Hmmm, because I just watched that video over and over again, particularly where it started. I seen nobody on the video laying on the ground. What I did see are two people in front of the slow moving truck being forced back for about 75 feet or so before the driver decided his attempt to get through was failing, and he had no choice but to speed up to get away from them.

Now to the common sense factor in all this. I just watched a man viciously attack a pedestrian for no reason. Am I going to get the hell away from him, or am I going to get in front of his vehicle thinking I can stop a moving vehicle?
And oh...no one beating on his car

Hmmm, because I just watched that video over and over again, particularly where it started. I seen nobody on the video laying on the ground. What I did see are two people in front of the slow moving truck being forced back for about 75 feet or so before the driver decided his attempt to get through was failing, and he had no choice but to speed up to get away from them.

Now to the common sense factor in all this. I just watched a man viciously attack a pedestrian for no reason. Am I going to get the hell away from him, or am I going to get in front of his vehicle thinking I can stop a moving vehicle?
If I saw it happen in person, and see an intentional attempt to run over pedestrians, I would go for the tires to stop, if I had a clear field from less than 15 meters away, rather than throw myself in front of the truck, and then, take my chances on the aftermath. Hope I never see it.

If I saw it happen in person, and see an intentional attempt to run over pedestrians, I would go for the tires to stop, if I had a clear field from less than 15 meters away, rather than throw myself in front of the truck, and then, take my chances on the aftermath. Hope I never see it.
What would you do if you saw a bunch of maniacs attacking someone in their truck?

What would you do if you saw a bunch of maniacs attacking someone in their truck?
Situational dependent, on the margin of what is possible at the time, knowing what the attack was about and who was along with who I had with me, that I might have a higher obligation to protect.

On what planet did that happen? lol
Per one of the attackers, shitforbrains.

“As Russell ran alongside the pickup truck, she fought with the driver. He was yelling at me, but I don’t recall what,” she asserted. “He looked at me, and kept going. He was trying to swat me away. It was a bit of a slap fight. He didn’t hit me in the face or anything.”

“The people by then in front of the car had their arms stretched out, running backwards, and I could jog-walk alongside. When the two people in front moved out the way he sped up, and I fell away.” Russell stated, alleging that he intended to hurt her as he sped off.”

Yeah, I always run down people on the side of my truck. But I’m really lousy at running down people in front of my truck banging on my hood.

Situational dependent, on the margin of what is possible at the time, knowing what the attack was about and who was along with who I had with me, that I might have a higher obligation to protect.
So if you agree with the cause, attacking people just trying to get by would be OK?

So if you agree with the cause, attacking people just trying to get by would be OK?
No. Totally situation dependent even if I see you are plainly being attacked unjustly, as unlucky enough to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. I have no overriding obligation possibly sacrifice my wife or myself to fetch your fat out of the fire. I don't know you. I'm not sworn to protect and defend. Heck, cops are not even under that obligation, by supreme court ruling. You be careful out there, ya hear?

No. Totally situation dependent even if I see you are plainly being attacked unjustly, as unlucky enough to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. I have no overriding obligation possibly sacrifice my wife or myself to fetch your fat out of the fire. I don't know you. I'm not sworn to protect and defend. Heck, cops are not even under that obligation, by supreme court ruling. You be careful out there, ya hear?
the only difference is you approve of one reason why, disapprove of the other.

me? i don't care about the reasons why. you follow the law. you "feel" you're not getting heard do violence is ok only means the other side can AND FUCKING WILL do the same.

then you get all pantied up and upset cause how dare they get violent.

you'll shoot the tires out of someone simply trying to leave the situation, but feel no obligation to stop people from attacking that person.

got it.

the only difference is you approve of one reason why, disapprove of the other.

me? i don't care about the reasons why. you follow the law. you "feel" you're not getting heard do violence is ok only means the other side can AND FUCKING WILL do the same.

then you get all pantied up and upset cause how dare they get violent.

you'll shoot the tires out of someone simply trying to leave the situation, but feel no obligation to stop people from attacking that person.

got it.
White6 did say it was situational, and I agree.

Those are difficult situations. One can't really judge the intentions of the driver, maybe it's a parent who's scared to death cause they have kids in the car, or maybe it's just a dumbass looking for someone to run over (God knows there's enough if them out there these days).

You can try to look in the car, in that split second before you shoot the tires, but maybe the windows are tinted. And if you blow out the tires you might be putting a child's life in danger, so it's a tough call.

New Topics

Forum List

Back