Trigger finger

TheGreenHornet

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2017
Looking for alternative remedies.

I had it 2 yrs ago....went to the V.A. doctor wanted to give me a steroid shot.....I said I have kidney problems maybe I should not do that.....he said .....dont worry......its just a local thing.

I said O.K. it worked......although the pain left I could straighten my finger...it was like no problem

Then by blood sugar and blood pressure went sky high.

Now...2 yrs later....its back....I am trying exeercises for it I read about seems to be helping some....use a rubber band around the fingers...and then open the fingers ...do that back and forth.....and another one.....put my hand on a hard surface and straighten out the affected finger....have to put downware pressure on it to get it to straighten out....very painful but once its straight the pain goes away...then I lift the finger up and down...seems to be helping.

• Banned
Have you tried Physical Therapy?

Not yet I have an appointment to get an x-ray and then a consult with a hand doctor at the V.A. will see what they come up with this time...I will not take another steroid shot.

I am going to try and get them to send me to an acupuncturist....i read where that helps some.

Forum List

Back