Treason

NATO AIR

Jun 25, 2004
USS Abraham Lincoln
Plain and simple, those who abandoned their responsibilities and our troops at Walter Reed (not to mention the other unacceptable conditions at numerous bases and hospitals across the country) are guilty of treason. First and foremost, the last two CO's (MG Weightman & LTCOL Kiley) of Walter Reed. Furthermore, the Sec. of the Army who thought this was no big deal and the VA Secretary who has swallowed budget cuts from the White House and Congress without serious protest and has utterly failed in his duties to protect and defend the interests of the honored veterans in this country.

This kind of treasonous attitude towards one of our most precious and rare resources (the soldiers who put their lives on the line for this country and suffer dearly from it) should be punished in a fashion that will be remembered for decades to come; there is a historical precedent of sorts from Britain in the 1800's; the execution of Admiral John Byng for failure of command.

These cowards should be executed for their high crimes against the nation, its soldiers and its war effort (I can only imagine the wonderful effect this is going to have on recruiting, "hey buddy, wanna fight for your country and then get stabbed in the back by careerist officers and apathetic politicians?). Then hang their heads outside of Congress, the Pentagon and the White House.

No worse form of betrayal than this. No excuses. You cannot take responsibility for something you already have responsibility for (IMUS said this last month). This is treason, more than any liberal who flew to Baghdad or Vietnam, more than any journalist who leaked poorly and incompetently hidden secret prisons, more than anything I've seen except the fellows who betrayed us to Al-Qaeda (the sailor recently arrested in AZ) and Pollard (who betrayed us to Israel).

Plain and simple, those who abandoned their responsibilities and our troops at Walter Reed (not to mention the other unacceptable conditions at numerous bases and hospitals across the country) are guilty of treason. First and foremost, the last two CO's (MG Weightman & LTCOL Kiley) of Walter Reed. Furthermore, the Sec. of the Army who thought this was no big deal and the VA Secretary who has swallowed budget cuts from the White House and Congress without serious protest and has utterly failed in his duties to protect and defend the interests of the honored veterans in this country.

This kind of treasonous attitude towards one of our most precious and rare resources (the soldiers who put their lives on the line for this country and suffer dearly from it) should be punished in a fashion that will be remembered for decades to come; there is a historical precedent of sorts from Britain in the 1800's; the execution of Admiral John Byng for failure of command.

These cowards should be executed for their high crimes against the nation, its soldiers and its war effort (I can only imagine the wonderful effect this is going to have on recruiting, "hey buddy, wanna fight for your country and then get stabbed in the back by careerist officers and apathetic politicians?). Then hang their heads outside of Congress, the Pentagon and the White House.

No worse form of betrayal than this. No excuses. You cannot take responsibility for something you already have responsibility for (IMUS said this last month). This is treason, more than any liberal who flew to Baghdad or Vietnam, more than any journalist who leaked poorly and incompetently hidden secret prisons, more than anything I've seen except the fellows who betrayed us to Al-Qaeda (the sailor recently arrested in AZ) and Pollard (who betrayed us to Israel).

I think treason is a bit strong a word to use. And if you want to point fingers at scapegoats .... point them at EVERY taxpaying, voting citizen in the US for at least the past 47 years. I can't speak for military medical facilities prior to my birth for obvious reasons.

But this problem isn't anywhere near new. It's just being treated as if it is. Where have all the suddenly concerned citizens been for the past 4 decades?

They didn't know? Because they didn't care.

I think treason is a bit strong a word to use. And if you want to point fingers at scapegoats .... point them at EVERY taxpaying, voting citizen in the US for at least the past 47 years. I can't speak for military medical facilities prior to my birth for obvious reasons.

But this problem isn't anywhere near new. It's just being treated as if it is. Where have all the suddenly concerned citizens been for the past 4 decades?

Agreed. We're all culpable in some way. We enable stuff like this by not utilizing the tools out there to exploit the problem to find solutions to it.... at least short & mid-term solutions.

Agreed. We're all culpable in some way. We enable stuff like this by not utilizing the tools out there to exploit the problem to find solutions to it.... at least short & mid-term solutions.

Not me. I've been bitching since I was a kid. Got a complaint in to the Ft Sam Houston IG at this very moment as a matter of fact, for their unprofessional, not even amateurish handling of my wife's staph infection that took them two weeks to diagnose, and 5 weeks to cure.

But yeah, I chalk this one up to willful ignorance.

Not me. I've been bitching since I was a kid. Got a complaint in to the Ft Sam Houston IG at this very moment as a matter of fact, for their unprofessional, not even amateurish handling of my wife's staph infection that took them two weeks to diagnose, and 5 weeks to cure.

But yeah, I chalk this one up to willful ignorance.

Personally, I remember the VA hospitals of my youth and now as not so bad. I remember my mother taking me to visit her old major who had experienced a major heart attack in '88. She & he pitched a bitch about the ex-sgt. with AIDS who was being given the run-around. Nowadays, they get better care from the VA doctors than the local thieves and liars among the medical profession in the Orlando/Tampa area. Oh well.

Personally, I remember the VA hospitals of my youth and now as not so bad. I remember my mother taking me to visit her old major who had experienced a major heart attack in '88. She & he pitched a bitch about the ex-sgt. with AIDS who was being given the run-around. Nowadays, they get better care from the VA doctors than the local thieves and liars among the medical profession in the Orlando/Tampa area. Oh well.

The VA hospital here is pretty good. I have not yet gone there. I know I earned what they owe me, but I have this feeling there are more deserving and needy people than I who need the services at this point.

We go to Brooke Army Medical Center on Ft Sam Houston, an active duty military health care facility.

The VA hospital here is pretty good. I have not yet gone there. I know I earned what they owe me, but I have this feeling there are more deserving and needy people than I who need the services at this point.

We go to Brooke Army Medical Center on Ft Sam Houston, an active duty military health care facility.

Sounds like good business. I think the biggest issue for the VA hospitals in the future will be the psych bit, because of the unique stress involved these days with child soldiers, suicide bombers in markets & schools, etc. At least that's what the corpsmen and RP's talk about when they discuss their Marines.

Good post, you aren't supposed to speak up because of the hell you'd pay. If it ain't heard then it doesn't exist and everything is working fine. History has a funny way of repeating itself every so often.

Forum List

Back