Transparency: Loudoun County school board begs court to shut down grand-jury probe into misconduct

Not being any fan of EO's I would think it a legitimate question. If anyone thinks there was a crime here, and the possible cover up of a crime could be a crime, it does not take an EO to instigate a criminal investigation.

Not being any fan of EO's I would think it a legitimate question. If anyone thinks there was a crime here, and the possible cover up of a crime could be a crime, it does not take an EO to instigate a criminal investigation.
In Virginia the Governor's EO ramps things up a bit as far as what the AG can investigate. Also a special grand jury has pretty broad investigative powers in and of itself.

In Virginia the Governor's EO ramps things up a bit as far as what the AG can investigate. Also a special grand jury has pretty broad investigative powers in and of itself.

According to the article there is a clear legal question here.

As I said, if they believe there was something done here criminally there is no reason for an EO.

I would imagine if they were innocent they would say "let's do this and get it over with so the student, parents and community will trust us and see we didn't do anything. We will give you anything you want".

"Virginia code permits the Attorney General to prosecute criminal cases in local courts for a limited number of offenses or “unless specifically requested by the Governor to do so.

It will be instructive to see how the court rules on this. The bottom line is that the new governor was elected primarily due to the public's anger and distrust of the local school boards, especially Loudon County. Perhaps Youngkin needs better legal advice but there is no legitimate reason not to have a look into a situation that parents are angry about. The fact that LCPS is fighting this effort proves to voters that this board does not respect the rights of parents to make informed decisions about the types of social issues being taught in those schools.

In short, the instructors and administrators in that county have been indoctrinating the kids for a while and now the parents have finally begun to understand just how perverse this is. They voted to put a stop to it. Next year they can vote to get rid of the "dead-enders" who are still fighting the will of the parents.

As I said, if they believe there was something done here criminally there is no reason for an EO.
What this implies is that unless that school board is committing a crime, parents have no right to look into how they administer the schools? I think most EOs are a waste of time and money, also. What I see is the clear will of the people, as expressed in the last election, being intentionally thwarted. School boards have absolutely no valid reason to resist the will of the majority of parents.

Also, the determination of whether the LCPS board was involved in criminality has not been determined yet. Those members understood what they were doing when they quietly transferred a sex offender from one school to another. They should be held liable for the second attack. The parents should file a civil suit.

Forum List

Back