Train riders held up phones as woman was raped, police say

A man charged with raping a woman on a commuter train just outside of Philadelphia harassed her for more than 40 minutes while multiple people held up their phones to seemingly record the assault without intervening, authorities said.

More than two dozen train stops passed as the man harassed, groped and eventually raped the woman, the police chief for the Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority said at a news conference Monday.

Police do not believe a single witness on the train dialed 911. They are investigating whether some bystanders filmed the assault.

Both the man and woman got on the train at the same stop Wednesday night in North Philadelphia. Officers pulled the man off of the woman at the last stop. They responded within about three minutes of a 911 call from a transportation authority employee, authorities said.

“What we want is everyone to be angry and disgusted and to be resolute about making the system safer,” SEPTA Police Chief Thomas J. Nestel III said at the news conference.

Arrest records show Fiston Ngoy, 35, was charged with rape and related offenses.

The affidavit of arrest for Ngoy detailed times of the assault, including that during those 40 minutes the woman appears to repeatedly push Ngoy away.

Ngoy, who listed his last address as a homeless shelter, remained in custody on $180,000 bail. His initial court appearance is scheduled for Oct. 25. Court records show he had not requested a public defender as of Monday.

(Excerpt) Read more at apnews.com ...

What has America come to?
This is what the lefties have brought to America.

Cuckery. Cowardice. Indifference.

And reliance on the invisible Deep State behind the social media screen.

That motherfucker would have been a dickless wonder if that happened on my train. No shit. I have a cousin named Lorena, she's just a phone call away. :p

If you intervene and injure the perpetrator you too will be prosecuted that's why.
There has to be an agreement with all present to look the other way while a spectator sticks a 9 inch hatpin through the perp's
first and second neck vertebrae then removes it and walks away with it quietly as everyone else does likewise.

JO
One word answer: Rittenhouse.

Interesting because when I saw that, the first thing I thought was "this must be a "gun free zone," where women are helpless.

If I understand correctly, there are no restrictions on carrying a handgun openly, but you need a license to carry it concealed.

In my opinion, open carry is unwise, unless you have a partner with you also open carrying and that you both understand how to keep each other covered.

An openly carried handgun is an invitation to thieves. Guns are one of the few consumer goods that can bring more money in the market for stolen goods than in the legal market.

Anyway, I fully agree. In an armed society, that kind of stuff is very rare.

There is no legal method to carry a pistol in New York city. Sure, you can apply for a permit you'll never get it unless you're a N.Y. Democrat politician.

There has to be an agreement with all present to look the other way while a spectator sticks a 9 inch hatpin through the perp's
first and second neck vertebrae then removes it and walks away with it quietly as everyone else does likewise.
We never called them hatpin's, we called them Ice Picks...
Same smell I reckon...

This is hardly a new problem

Murder of Kitty Genovese - Wikipedia

Since the 1960's, rape prevention strategies advised women to yell, "Fire" to bring assistance rather than "Help".

Studies showed that people will ignore a call for help from a stranger but will come immediately to see a fire.
Depends on the people hearing the scream----Even FIRE!! doesn't work with some subspecies.

Forum List

Back