Tragedy at Sunday’s Las Vegas Indy 300.

The Infidel

EVIL CONSERVATIVE
May 19, 2010
AMERITOPIA
LAS VEGAS (AP) — IndyCar driver Dan Wheldon was killed after his car went sailing through the air during a massive 15-car wreck early in Sunday’s Las Vegas Indy 300.

Driver Dan Wheldon killed in 15-car crash at Indy 500

I really am speechless.... what a horrible crash!

R.I.P. Daniel, you will be missed.

images.jpg

My prayers go out to his family

439x.jpg

Last edited:
It's sad but it's also the nature of the beast called racing. At least he was doing something he ejoyed in his death, something millions of Americans do not get to do. Work on a job that makes them happy and content.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFCOugYb6Hg][Replay] Horrific 15 Car Crash 2011 IndyCar World Championships in Las Vegas 300 - YouTube[/ame]

That was sad. It seems like they survive these so often, it's a shock when one so young dies.

Tragic.

A sad day for racing.

My condolences to the Wheldon family.

Immie

I just saw that. Horrifying. :(

That has to be one of the worst accidents I have witnessed in Indy Car.

Just think how awful it wouldve been with no retainer fence to catch the flying cars.

A sad day indeed. The 5 laps they did out of respect was so sad. Especially with the bag pipes playing Amazing Grace. I cried.... :(

It mustve been so hard for his wife to see that happen in front of her eyes. God, I feel bad for her...

All the drivers know it can happen to anyone any time, but I imagine they think it will always be the other guy. They'll weep and mourn and most will be back next year doing it again. It's sad but life goes on.

Speed kills. He chose it. I'm sorry for his family but that's the price you pay for marrying someone who participates in such a sport.

Speed kills. He chose it. I'm sorry for his family but that's the price you pay for marrying someone who participates in such a sport.

Thanks for your callous response

Did someone force him into the car? No. He was offered $5m to get from the back of the pack to the front. His risk. His life. His decision. That's not callous... it's logical. Which is more than I can say about your ridiculous accusation about Cain and the fence.

Moron.

Did someone force him into the car? No. He was offered $5m to get from the back of the pack to the front. His risk. His life. His decision. That's not callous... it's logical. Which is more than I can say about your ridiculous accusation about Cain and the fence.

Moron.

Look up the word callous California Girl

You must be wonderful to have around at funerals

Ummm...let me see?? 20-30 Cars going over 220 mph???.... all crowded together like a Denver freeway???....

Something bad happened???? Well knock me over with a feather!!!

Give me a break you ghouls. That's what attracts you people to racing...THE CRASHES...THE BLOOD!!!

I don't feel sorry for the fools that donate their lives for your entertainment and I especially am offended by your crocodile tears.

Moron.

Look up the word callous California Girl

You must be wonderful to have around at funerals

Are you on life-support? Because your brain seems to have stopped functioning at all. This particular incident - not death in general, moron - it was his decision. He knew the risks and he chose to take it. He died. I'm sorry for his family but I'm not gonna be ripping my clothes and shedding crocodile tears over some fool who chose to risk his life for the entertainment of the masses.

Reminds me when Dale Earnhardt Sr was killed in the Daytona 500 in 2001. It was a great blow to the racing community. But Calf girl is right they all know the risk going into this sport and should not be surprised when someone is killed. I do feel for his family and especially their children who had no choice in this matter.

New Topics

Forum List

Back