Townhall Gives Possibly Best / Most Honest Recap of Trump Administration Actions In Regards To COVID-19 I've Read

The article's focus is on Vice President (and others') criticism of President Trump's handling of the COVID-19 pandemic; however, the recap / description of how President Trump and his administration has dealt with it is perhaps the best I have read to date.

1st, the author of the article calls it like it is, pointing out that the President's boasts about his unique foresight and his administration's 'perfect' Coronavirus response is a non-serious piece of revisionist history, an attempt to highlight the current handling of the response versus the early days. The article is one of the most objective ones I have read because it points out both the early missteps while giving the President and administration credit for all of the things done right / well:

"President Trump's boasts about his unique foresight and his administration's 'perfect' Coronavirus response are unserious, inaccurate, revisionist. Even if one is inclined to give the president the benefit of the doubt -- and I think some in the peanut gallery relentlessly criticize him for political reasons -- even a cursory perusal of this Washington Post account and timeline published over the weekend should disabuse any fair-minded reader of the notion that Trump was on top of things from the beginning.

Much like many other governments around the world, and like nearly the entire political/media class here at home, the Trump administration was slow to grasp the breadth and severity of this crisis, dithering and downplaying until it was nearly right on top of us. To pretend otherwise is self-serving spin. I believe that after a period of damaging denial, Team Trump made a heel-turn and has been working 'round the clock to mitigate this pandemic. The president's tone and actions, with some unfortunate exceptions, have been noticeably better, winning praise from typically-hostile Democratic governors working closely with Trump's task force. Trump has been listening to experts, making tough but correct calls, and trying to move heaven and earth to help hard-hit hotspots. These improvements do not erase early failures -- which were unquestionably exacerbated by China's deceit -- but they are nevertheless praiseworthy.

Trump's restrictions were pilloried by many critics at the time as pointless and bigoted (denying this is another form of gaslighting). They, in fact, were absolutely necessary, and bought us valuable time (some of which was squandered, especially vis-a-vis the CDC's testing debacle). His subsequent restrictions on travel from Europe were also attacked, even as that continent became the global epicenter of the virus."

Town Hall?

Bwahahahahahahshahshahahahahahah!!!

Damnit, now I have to clean Pepsi outta my keyboard.
^^^^Throws in the towel cuz he has nothing^^^^^

:abgg2q.jpg:
It's fucking town hall. There's nothing to refute. I don't argue with trash heaps.
Your concession is noted.

Dismissed.
What concession? All I've admitted is the source is complete garbage.
You admitted you can't refute a single fact in the link.

Forum List

Back