Town puts up "This is not a Gun Free Zone"...signs that might actually deter gun crime...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Well....this town might very well be safer after putting up anti gun free zone signs....

Pennsylvania town posts signs This is not a gun free zone - Crime Prevention Research Center

Conoy Township has only a little over 3,000 people, but they may be getting some unusual attention. From Lancaster, Pennsylvania’s LNP:

Conoy Township has a message for criminals who might be thinking about preying on its residents: This is not a gun-free zone.

And that’s exactly what visitors will see once all the signs are securely in place along every road leading into the township. . . .

Mohr said he came up with the idea and township supervisors unanimously approved the decision to create and post the signs last fall.

“Over the last six months we’ve seen more and more home invasions and petty crime, so we thought these signs would show people we take pride in what we own,” he said. . . .

I would impeach any one who voted for such a waste of tax payer's money. If ever there was an agenda pushed this is a prime example.

I am not anti-gun I am anti-stupidity and I am against spending tax payer's money promoting an agenda. Everyone knows that the majority of people in PA have some sort of weapon there is no need to waste money on a sign.

Here is their crime rate, well below the national average, they had two violent crimes last year: Conoy Township PA Crime Homefacts

Forum List

Back