Touching Sign Renames Charlottesville Park ‘Heyer Memorial’ After Woman’s Death

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
DHNHv9mWsAA9bDn.jpg

Nancy Carpenter hopes the sign “turns the page on this weekend’s event.”

After white supremacist violence in Charlottesville, Virginia, took the life of 32-year-old Heather Heyer on Saturday, one local woman is honoring her in a beautiful way.

Beneath the statue of Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee in Emancipation Park that launched protests and counter-protests, Nancy Carpenter has placed a sign that declares it “Heyer Mem. Park.”

More: Touching Sign Renames Charlottesville Park 'Heyer Memorial' After Woman's Death

What a touching and wonderful tribute to Heather Heyer!

You know, I get that people want to remember this woman, and I do think that renaming the park in her honor would be a good thing.

However.............................

In my opinion, it would have been better if nobody had been killed.

"touching and wonderful?"
Its a 5 dollar sign and they couldnt even take the time to write it decent. Even used abbreviations.
No class :)

Its a 5 dollar sign and they couldnt even take the time to write it decent. Even used abbreviations.

You've got a point TNHarley. Yes, the sentiment was nice, but yeah, they could have taken a bit more time to make a better sign.

It was not meant to be a permanent sign. It was meant as a temporary symbolic gesture and suggestion that the park would renamed in Heather Heyer's honor.

DHNHv9mWsAA9bDn.jpg

After white supremacist violence in Charlottesville, Virginia, took the life of 32-year-old Heather Heyer on Saturday, one local woman is honoring her in a beautiful way.

Beneath the statue of Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee in Emancipation Park that launched protests and counter-protests, Nancy Carpenter has placed a sign that declares it “Heyer Mem. Park.”

More: Touching Sign Renames Charlottesville Park 'Heyer Memorial' After Woman's Death

Littering; if not outright vandalism. She should be charged.

When I see her story and see her face I hear "If you strike me down I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine".

Rename the park and put HER statue there.

I'm not going to mince words. I think your presumptuousness in declaring what Ms. Carpenter should, could and couldn't/shouldn't have done is what's ignoble. The woman made a sincere gesture that shows a degree of concern for a woman who lost her life as a result of the vile behavior of a hater.

It does not appear that any other person has shown any similar degree of compassion or appreciation for Ms. Heyer's sacrifice. And all you have to offer is ridicule for someone's commiseration with Ms. Carpenter's expression of sympathy. Just how much of a lout are you?

You've got a point TNHarley. Yes, the sentiment was nice, but yeah, they could have taken a bit more time to make a better sign.
She perhaps could have -- hard to say whether that's so for I know nothing of Ms. Carpenter, the woman who created and emplaced the sign, and the resources available to her for doing so -- but the message itself would be no more poignant were she to have crafted a more elaborate sign.

Last edited:
DHNHv9mWsAA9bDn.jpg

What about memorials for victims of Islamist terrorism?

DHNHv9mWsAA9bDn.jpg

What about them?

Personally I don't think a park should be renamed over someone who died in a accidental car crash. It's really bad she died and all, but c'mon. I think and it's just my opinion, that the people doing this simply want to stir up more race hate.

Personally I don't think a park should be renamed over someone who died in a accidental car crash. It's really bad she died and all, but c'mon. I think and it's just my opinion, that the people doing this simply want to stir up more race hate.

There was nothing "accidental" about it. Some idiot made a conscious decision to run a vehicle into a crowd of people in the hopes of causing death and carnage.

Accidents mean that you didn't mean for it to happen.

So they want to name the park after a crazed Antifa radical? ...... :cuckoo:

How do you know she was part of ANTIFA?

Well, if she was part of the group that was protesting the white supremacists, then in the mind of a conservative, that automatically makes them antifa. Only problem is, there were more groups there protesting the white supremacists than just antifa.

DHNHv9mWsAA9bDn.jpg

By all means, avail yourself of the opportunity to build and emplace some. Opportunity is staring you in the face and you're apparently letting it escape you.

Last edited:
So they want to name the park after a crazed Antifa radical? ...... :cuckoo:

How do you know she was part of ANTIFA?

Well, if she was part of the group that was protesting the white supremacists, then in the mind of a conservative, that automatically makes them antifa. Only problem is, there were more groups there protesting the white supremacists than just antifa.
in the mind of a conservative, that automatically makes them antifa.

"In the mind of a conservative" and "in reality" are quite often two very different things.

Forum List

Back