What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Touching Sign Renames Charlottesville Park ‘Heyer Memorial’ After Woman’s Death

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Reaction score
DHNHv9mWsAA9bDn.jpg

Nancy Carpenter hopes the sign “turns the page on this weekend’s event.”

After white supremacist violence in Charlottesville, Virginia, took the life of 32-year-old Heather Heyer on Saturday, one local woman is honoring her in a beautiful way.

Beneath the statue of Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee in Emancipation Park that launched protests and counter-protests, Nancy Carpenter has placed a sign that declares it “Heyer Mem. Park.”

More: Touching Sign Renames Charlottesville Park 'Heyer Memorial' After Woman's Death

What a touching and wonderful tribute to Heather Heyer!

OP
Lakhota

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Reaction score
We must remember Heather Heyer.

heather-e1502616758135.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: xyz

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Reaction score
You know, I get that people want to remember this woman, and I do think that renaming the park in her honor would be a good thing.

However.............................

In my opinion, it would have been better if nobody had been killed.

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Reaction score
"touching and wonderful?"
Its a 5 dollar sign and they couldnt even take the time to write it decent. Even used abbreviations.
No class :)

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Its a 5 dollar sign and they couldnt even take the time to write it decent. Even used abbreviations.

You've got a point TNHarley. Yes, the sentiment was nice, but yeah, they could have taken a bit more time to make a better sign.

OP
Lakhota

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Reaction score

It was not meant to be a permanent sign. It was meant as a temporary symbolic gesture and suggestion that the park would renamed in Heather Heyer's honor.

Sunni Man

Diamond Member
Reaction score
So they want to name the park after a crazed Antifa radical? ...... :cuckoo:

Vastator

Gold Member
Reaction score
DHNHv9mWsAA9bDn.jpg

After white supremacist violence in Charlottesville, Virginia, took the life of 32-year-old Heather Heyer on Saturday, one local woman is honoring her in a beautiful way.

Beneath the statue of Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee in Emancipation Park that launched protests and counter-protests, Nancy Carpenter has placed a sign that declares it “Heyer Mem. Park.”

More: Touching Sign Renames Charlottesville Park 'Heyer Memorial' After Woman's Death

Littering; if not outright vandalism. She should be charged.

IsaacNewton

Gold Member
Reaction score
When I see her story and see her face I hear "If you strike me down I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine".

Rename the park and put HER statue there.

Vastator

Gold Member
Reaction score
When I see her story and see her face I hear "If you strike me down I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine".

Rename the park and put HER statue there.
You watch too much Star Wars.

usmbguest5318

Gold Member
Reaction score

I'm not going to mince words. I think your presumptuousness in declaring what Ms. Carpenter should, could and couldn't/shouldn't have done is what's ignoble. The woman made a sincere gesture that shows a degree of concern for a woman who lost her life as a result of the vile behavior of a hater.

It does not appear that any other person has shown any similar degree of compassion or appreciation for Ms. Heyer's sacrifice. And all you have to offer is ridicule for someone's commiseration with Ms. Carpenter's expression of sympathy. Just how much of a lout are you?

You've got a point TNHarley. Yes, the sentiment was nice, but yeah, they could have taken a bit more time to make a better sign.
She perhaps could have -- hard to say whether that's so for I know nothing of Ms. Carpenter, the woman who created and emplaced the sign, and the resources available to her for doing so -- but the message itself would be no more poignant were she to have crafted a more elaborate sign.

Last edited:

xyz

Gold Member
Reaction score
DHNHv9mWsAA9bDn.jpg

What about memorials for victims of Islamist terrorism?

Vastator

Gold Member
Reaction score
DHNHv9mWsAA9bDn.jpg

What about them?

miketx

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Personally I don't think a park should be renamed over someone who died in a accidental car crash. It's really bad she died and all, but c'mon. I think and it's just my opinion, that the people doing this simply want to stir up more race hate.

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Personally I don't think a park should be renamed over someone who died in a accidental car crash. It's really bad she died and all, but c'mon. I think and it's just my opinion, that the people doing this simply want to stir up more race hate.

There was nothing "accidental" about it. Some idiot made a conscious decision to run a vehicle into a crowd of people in the hopes of causing death and carnage.

Accidents mean that you didn't mean for it to happen.

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Reaction score

How do you know she was part of ANTIFA?

Well, if she was part of the group that was protesting the white supremacists, then in the mind of a conservative, that automatically makes them antifa. Only problem is, there were more groups there protesting the white supremacists than just antifa.

usmbguest5318

Gold Member
Reaction score
DHNHv9mWsAA9bDn.jpg

By all means, avail yourself of the opportunity to build and emplace some. Opportunity is staring you in the face and you're apparently letting it escape you.

Last edited:

usmbguest5318

Gold Member
Reaction score

How do you know she was part of ANTIFA?

Well, if she was part of the group that was protesting the white supremacists, then in the mind of a conservative, that automatically makes them antifa. Only problem is, there were more groups there protesting the white supremacists than just antifa.
in the mind of a conservative, that automatically makes them antifa.

"In the mind of a conservative" and "in reality" are quite often two very different things.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$142.00
Goal
$350.00

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List